Author Topic: APAT Season Four - Pre Launch Discussion  (Read 216469 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Season Four - Pre Launch Discussion
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2009, 16:08:27 PM »
Hard work? Do you know any more good ones?
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2009, 16:42:37 PM »

by starting again it completely negates all the hard work people put into getting in to the top div , they would have to start again to get into top div again , if people dont want to play 3rd div then so be it  , but giving them another free go at it doesnt seem fair

I completely disagree - I wanna start again.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2009, 16:58:24 PM »
It was not advertised at the beginning of the year that the next year would be a promotion/relegation league and what you did this year would affect what division you would be in next year.  If it was then maybe some teams may have tried harder to get as many points as possible.  

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2009, 17:28:45 PM »

It was not advertised at the beginning of the year that the next year would be a promotion/relegation league and what you did this year would affect what division you would be in next year.  If it was then maybe some teams may have tried harder to get as many points as possible. 

i guess you had Nottingham in mind here..
Looking forward to making my first day 2

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2009, 17:37:45 PM »

I don"t accept that...the 4 GUKPT seats up for grabs for the ten teams in this weekend"s final should have been ample incentive for teams to want to get into the top third of their league.

plstrider

• Bronze Member
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2009, 18:50:15 PM »
I"m assuming he meant those that had no chance of top 3 but if  4th etc were to gain promotion :-\

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2009, 09:12:43 AM »
hard work as in.... having to avoid coin flips with donks !!!   ::)
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2009, 09:20:06 AM »
I was thinking of the teams that after 10 or so games who did not have a chance off making the final basically gave up. If they new that they could be in division 2 the next year they may have tried harder.

Like I have already said I am in favour of a promotion/relegation

And yes I was thinking of Nottingham :D  

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »
whats the motivation not to get relegated ?? if the second division is made up of easier competition surely it would be better to be relegated

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2009, 11:14:55 AM »
Better prizes in Div 1 I believe.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »

whats the motivation not to get relegated ?? if the second division is made up of easier competition surely it would be better to be relegated

Better prizes and prestige.   ;)

Nothing is confirmed yet, but for example, prizes might be :-

Division 1 winners - 4 x GUKPT Seats

Division 2 winners - 4 x DTD £300 or GUKPT Side Event Seats

Division 3 winners - 4 x APAT National Seats (Obviously priceless in real terms)

Purely speculation on the prizes.  Added value can go down as well as up.  Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments, etc etc etc.

;D

Hammerheid

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2009, 04:03:02 AM »
jumping away from the league debate and onto satellites to APAT events ...

while being totally selfish here as sats are held at present on a mon,tues and wed i am unable to play these sats as i work nights and would need to take a night off to play in them which would hurt my pocket as im self employed, whats the chances of at least one of the sats ( or an additional sat ) played on the sat or sun night?

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2009, 19:29:30 PM »

Division 3 winners - 4 x APAT National Seats (Obviously priceless in real terms)

Purely speculation on the prizes.  Added value can go down as well as up.  Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments, etc etc etc.

;D

Can I be in Division 3 please. much better prizes IMO

K3vl4rUK

• Gold Member
    • APAT
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2009, 21:38:07 PM »

;D

Can I be in Division 3 please. much better prizes IMO

only if i get Division 2 xD

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2009, 15:49:48 PM »

Got to disagree with some opinions on here, the 3 divisions sounds like a great idea. Our Stockton-on-Tees team I"m guessing will be in Division 3, but we"re more than happy to be involved. More individual recognition as mentioned, as a small team but having the 2nd placed individual in the Northern league this season, all Mark got was a pint or two from me for his achievements. Addressing this would be a great step forward. Please keep the game on a Sunday, and current structure is spot on, please don"t change.

Live

As mentioned above a day 2 tournament for anyone knocked out day 1 would be great. More international venues as also mentioned gets a thumbs up, was disappointed this year, after having the pleasure of visiting Vienna for my first APAT last year which was an amazing experience, including the joys of the Orange Wings :)

Overall though the live events are in my humble opinion perfect, and superbly ran. The buy in for my bank roll, the structure, whole APAT ethos / experience shouldnt be changed in anyway. I honestly don"t look forward to anything more in my poker calendar. Sad but true. I"d like to take this opportunity to say a big thanks to APAT for everything they do. There"s nothing like it. More of the same please.

Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148