Author Topic: S3 Massive Thanks to BSQ and APAT  (Read 4583 times)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
S3 Massive Thanks to BSQ and APAT
« on: November 16, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »
Well last night was the culmination of 20 weeks hard work! The league reached its Grand Final stage, and what a final it turned out to be! After much discussion and deliberation the MTT format was decided and the deepstacks were a nice addition to the final. Despite one or two grumblings about late finishing, team conspiricies, etc the final turned out to be an epic finishing at a reasonable 12.30.
At the half way stage, most of the teams were still in with a shout with Walsall, Leeds and Bristol looking particularly strong, but as the evening progressed Walsall began to take a strong hold, and 3 men onto the final table made them all but secure. Martin 719 from Belfast, bullied the final table to such an extent that it became push or fold for everybody else, real power poker, and he eventually took it down. But not before Walsall claimed the crown and the GUKPT seats!
The powerhouse that was the Central Division claimed first, second and fifth. Congratulations to Walsall, they were a very strong team through out the competition and deserved winners, well done guys and do us proud in the GUKPT.
But the point of this thread was to say a massive thanks to BSQ, the added value they have given to this league have been fantastic. The first prize GUKPT seats were a massive draw, and I for one was desperate to claim the prize, I have really enjoyed the whole league format, and it has been great to build up on line relationships with various players. And obviously it goes without saying, thanks to Des and his team at APAT for a wonderfully run competition, well done Leigh last night keeping up to date with the points, that must have been a nightmare!
Really looking forward to Luton now, see ya there.  :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 23:54:31 PM by Chipaccrual »
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: Massive Thanks to BSQ and APAT
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:27:37 AM »
Yea a huge thanks to APAT!!  My first season here, and I can safely say it wnt b my last :)  Great tournaments with great prizes and great ppl.  wp gg.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 10:51:02 AM »
cheers mickey  and  wp urself....
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

nyerun

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 12:44:16 PM »
I agree! The adde seats have been an excellent motivator for me to keep going in this league thank you Blue Square and thanks again APAT for arranging it
Silver Medal- Online National League 2009 (Manchester)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 19:15:27 PM »
ditto here.....another great job from you all and I include Ian in that too.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 01:58:57 AM »
Title says it all...well done to all involved.

When does the next league start  ;D