Author Topic: Advice on these hands please  (Read 5005 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Advice on these hands please
« on: November 26, 2009, 12:45:10 PM »
Online 20euro headhunter. 10 euro is buy in and other 10 is head value. Top ten get paid in the structure (not counting bounty heads if course)

200/400/25 blinds around 20 players left

I"m massive chip lead. 23k and average is only just less than 8k

I"m in bb with JJ

utg open shoves for 7k. Around 18bb!  Comes round to me?  Even with my chip lead I can double him up and still be chip leader if I get unlucky. I put villian in ak/aq or 1010 and under. Looks like a move thats scared to play after flop if he misses with a standard raise and gets a call.

Call or fold with jj for 18bb?

Hand 2

1k/2k/100 blinds. I have 30k and still chip leader buy only by 3 or 4k but average is only 20k. 12 runners left. I"m not interested in the bubble dynamics as such as I have already collected more than double my buy in from heads knocked out and should I lose a few hands I still have some chips.

I"m dealt AK utg +1 and make it 6k. I get a call from the button but sb shoves for 15k

back to me. This player had been shoving very light recently with suited middle connectors or rag aces and was looked up by high pairs and stronger aces but got lucky and hit his under card or hit flush/straight combos

seems a typical squeze play and it"s not the shove I"m worried about it"s the flat call from the button. Should I call/shove to isolate the button out or fold. Should I call and lose i still have around 20k. But the button has a big chip count and should he call and I lose to him then I"m as hood as out with about 5bb left

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Advice on these hands please
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 12:54:08 PM »
Hand 1 - snap call
Hand 2 - snap call

given that you have posted these hands, I"m guessing you called and lost in both of them...

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 12:55:08 PM »
Hand 1 - call - ppl shove a ridiculously wide range at this stage and he isnt open-shoving 18x with QQ+

Hand 2 - re-shove - AK favourite to b ahead of a flat from the button, and u want to make it HU against the squeezer!!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 12:56:16 PM »
Hand 1 = instacall
Hand 2 = instashove

ps - raise less in hand 2, slightly under 5k would do the job

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 12:57:57 PM »
should have read hand 2 properly - of course I meant shove and not call

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 13:20:26 PM »
(1) i actually fold this.
(2) i shove...............

like i have said before, my tactics are based purely on Blinds and my stack. I feel that with the jacks, you can fold and just chip away play outplaying people in other hands, you have enough chips to see lots of flops.
With the AK, you no longer have a deepstack. (although you are above average, still not deep enough to be able to play poker)

for example, 1st hand you M is 27 based on 10 handed table, and second hand it is now only around 7, just noticed that it is now only 6 handed, better shove looking at only the A.

There is no right or wrong answer, but this is the sort of things that goes through my weird brain when i play tourneys.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 13:22:14 PM by WYoung83 »

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 13:25:24 PM »
1. snap, crackle, pop
2. Jam - AK needs to see all 5 cards, anything else is not very good
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 13:32:05 PM »

I feel that with the jacks, you can fold and just chip away play outplaying people in other hands, you have enough chips to see lots of flops.

I dnt think we can take a lot of flops with 57x and a lot of short stacks looking to get their chips in.  If evry1 had a similar stack to us then it would be better, but with sooo many 15-20x stacks around, a lot of this will just be making the right decision pre-flop and I dnt think we r behind ne of his open-shoving range.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 13:33:30 PM »
Hand 1
I insta called and be turned ak and I lost When ht an ace on the river (good title for a book) but I believe it was the rght call

hand 2 I folded

I immedietly regret not shoving. Glad I did as the button says in the chat that he didn"t think he could fold if I called and called with jj

sb shows aq and 1st card out is a Q

maybe it"s me but I don"t like being in a race situation with 2 others  

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 13:35:01 PM »
being in a race situation with 2 is better than a race situation with 1 - DUCY?
Looking forward to making my first day 2

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 13:40:58 PM »

maybe it"s me but I don"t like being in a race situation with 2 others  

Better give up the pokers then!