Author Topic: Online poker integrity question  (Read 7201 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Online poker integrity question
« on: December 20, 2009, 17:50:07 PM »
To be clear before I post this, I"m not part of the "online poker is fixed" brigade..... i believe online poker is perfectly legit (I wouldn"t play it so much if I didn"t).

BUT..... I have a question.

I was playing a game this afternoon on Littlewoods (pacific), and was a big stack - this hand in question is not an exit hand. I re-raised all in with KK, and the original raiser called with A9. The flop was dealt at a standard speed, the turn was dealt immediately.... then there was a pause of maybe 8 seconds before an Ace was dealt for the river. This river card delay seems to happen every now and again (not all the time) on most sites that I play.

If there was always a delay before river card is cealt I would understand. However it seems the river card delay only ever happens before a suckout is delivered.

Why?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 18:13:22 PM by AMRN »

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
Re: Online poker integrity question
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 18:01:18 PM »
seen this a lot myself .... reason   cos its fixed cold decks dealt all the time
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 18:13:12 PM »
I have also noticed that delay. It always seems to happen with "all-ins".

Maybe it"s to build up the "tension" of the river card, but I would not agree that it only happens with "suck outs" - I have experienced both.

Perhaps we only remember the "suck outs".

My experience is on ipoker (where I have noticed being dealt the same hole cards on consecutive hands far more often than probability would be).
The Green Deal Wales - www.thegreendealwales.com

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 21:57:12 PM »
I have seen this too, and it does seem to be only on the river, and the card you didn"t want to see.

I would contact the site, they"ll have a record of it, and maybe will provide a reason for the long delay.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 13:35:05 PM »
Its happened a few times during this past on-line season and during the worlds main event but not always the 1 or 2 outer in my experience, would have loved it if it were.

Merry Xmas all

Ian
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 18:11:51 PM »

To be clear before I post this, I"m not part of the "online poker is fixed" brigade..... i believe online poker is perfectly legit (I wouldn"t play it so much if I didn"t).

BUT..... I have a question.

I was playing a game this afternoon on Littlewoods (pacific), and was a big stack - this hand in question is not an exit hand. I re-raised all in with KK, and the original raiser called with A9. The flop was dealt at a standard speed, the turn was dealt immediately.... then there was a pause of maybe 8 seconds before an Ace was dealt for the river. This river card delay seems to happen every now and again (not all the time) on most sites that I play.

If there was always a delay before river card is cealt I would understand. However it seems the river card delay only ever happens before a suckout is delivered.

Why?

LOL

It"s a delay to stick it in your eye.  It takes the software a while to find the right card that will fit perfectly into your eye.  It has to check that the colour is right, so not as to give you a flush by accident, etc.

Even funnier when it disconnects you at the same time in order to wind you up even more.  Who said software developers don"t have a sense of humour?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 18:38:25 PM »
How many software developers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Two - because one always leaves part-way through the project.

Boom Boom!
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 21:50:43 PM »
<<<<<"Optimist only sees doughnut. Pessimist sees hole."

I think if we are going to ask this question we also have to ask:

How much integrity is there in taking money from weaker players who voluntarily play pokers online?

AND......

Which outweighs which... my forum ninja kung fu is strong, no?
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 22:52:52 PM »
Has anyone played on DTD"s site much? If so have you experienced any issues / do you have any general comments?

I ask because I played for the first time tonight (I made it a resolution to play more online satellites than live MTTs mid-week) and 3 times on my table people got it in Pre with the same hand AA, KK & AJ only for 1 player to 4-flush each time.

This seems a statistical improbability to me.
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 01:19:36 AM »
Seems rough but it is just variance it looks bad and rigged but sites aren"t gonna be any better off by rigging the draw one way or another

I seen quads 3 times over 1 hour in a pub tourney tonight. Different dealers each time too.

That"s poker as they say!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 15:12:30 PM »

Has anyone played on DTD"s site much? If so have you experienced any issues / do you have any general comments?

Yep, I hate that network.

I ask because I played for the first time tonight (I made it a resolution to play more online satellites than live MTTs mid-week) and 3 times on my table people got it in Pre with the same hand AA, KK & AJ only for 1 player to 4-flush each time.

This seems a statistical improbability to me.

I was saying to someone the other day, in live poker I"ve NEVER lost with KK v AA all-in pre-flop.  Live poker is soooo rigged.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 17:27:31 PM »
this is an early contender for thread of the year imo
Looking forward to making my first day 2

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 17:25:37 PM »
I reckon that JFK was shot by the same secret service agent who took out Princess Di on the orders of the Queen before being flown in a UFO to a location which the american government doesn"t officially confirm exists but was also where they gave authority for 9/11 to take place so they could have an excuse to invade Iraq.
  I also believe that all internet poker is fixed.
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 19:59:58 PM »
Yeah it"s fixed

tom dean signs a deal with full tilt

over the next month he goes on to lose around $4 million

yeah it"s all rigged

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 20:11:34 PM »
who is Tom dean???? If you mean Durrrr, then he was on a hot loosing streak way before he put pen to paper. Some say that he was close to going busto, so he signed to get extra and regular income to cover his losses.

Anyway, i can always remember 2 Apat seasons ago, very very close to the bubble of a online sat for one of the live events, (not to sure which one). i got QQ or JJ vs Ak about 4 times in the space of about 6 hands. And i also saw AK vs AQ around 5 times with 3 tables left, at the time others were commeting on it, saying "how sick" it was that there is so many good starting hands given the situation. quite funny to be honest, could of just been complete cold decks.

" the site wants it to end quickly, so they programme big hands vs big hands for people to shove freely with", not my words by the way....