Author Topic: Latter Stages again!!  (Read 12094 times)

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
Re: Latter Stages again!!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 13:36:36 PM »
why the hell are we even thinking about this?  It"s about as straight forward a shove as I have ever seen!

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 13:48:12 PM »

i would put him on at least 88+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+

With 6x and a running ante, it this is his entire range, he shud be lynched!

please engage brain before u try and flame every post i make please marty and read why i reasoned a narrow range for him........ :)
u think he his wide , i think mostly when they get this short they do it waiting for a hand  8)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 13:59:54 PM »

i would put him on at least 88+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+

With 6x and a running ante, it this is his entire range, he shud be lynched!

please engage brain before u try and flame every post i make please marty and read why i reasoned a narrow range for him........ :)
u think he his wide , i think mostly when they get this short they do it waiting for a hand  8)

Haha - not flaming at all.  I think we must have drasticly different styles in spots like this!!  As for enlarging my brain...I left my DS in Belfast, but brain training will commence on my return.  I just dnt think thr is any chance button is folding ANY pp after a liberal opening c/l brings it in.  I think folding any PP or A-high or reasonable paint combos is a HUGE mistake on his part. 

Was ur reason for a narrow range that he had waited so long for a hand?
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 14:40:39 PM »
This one is v player dependant to me.  I happily get it in against CL but probably lean towards a fold here with another player involved who more often than not likely has us dominated.

I"d rather fold here and shove into unopened pots later.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 14:47:55 PM »

This one is v player dependant to me.  I happily get it in against CL but probably lean towards a fold here with another player involved who more often than not likely has us dominated.

I"d rather fold here and shove into unopened pots later.

....even though you will be creating a side pot with C/L that will effectively underwrite your bet against the other player??

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 16:05:04 PM »

why the hell are we even thinking about this?  It"s about as straight forward a shove as I have ever seen!

Can you give some explanation with this?

Views seem to be split between push and fold and I don"t think it"s a straightforward decision.

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 17:29:23 PM »
I think the decision is between push and fold, and its a marginal fold for me. If anyone has read Pearljammer"s textbook "winning poker tournaments  one hand at a time" there"s a similar situation in there he writes about. I will find the hand he talks about and post what he did and why.
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 18:45:47 PM »
I didn"t really have any reads on the button, he had recently been moved to my table, but as I said I had just re raised him as he tried to steal my BB, and so tagged him as fairly aggressive. CL had been very active, and even though he was UTG his range was massive, and as far as I was concerned I was way ahead of him.
When the button pushed I figured he probs had a PP or any ace, and hoped it was a pp, I also had a thought that I could maybe push the CL out of the pot ( Too much value - I know), but in that 20 secs you get.....
I wasn"t concerned with laddering too much as the next pay jump was for 10th, and I was maybe hoping I could get a decent enough win to pay for my upcoming skiing holiday!
So I shoved, button showed AKo, and CL showed pockets Aces!!! FFS!
AK didn"t improve, but neither did the tens. So another mega $54 win after 4 hours!
Thanks for your feedback guys, and at least Jamie agreed with my move this time!

European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 20:03:43 PM »

you tell them jamle

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 20:39:43 PM »

Views seem to be split between push and fold and I don"t think it"s a straightforward decision.

Well, we"re miles ahead of both their ranges, we"ve got about 9bb and we need to get to the top few places to make it worth our while.  Makes it a pretty simple decision to me.

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 20:47:05 PM »

Well, we"re miles ahead of both their ranges, we"ve got about 9bb and we need to get to the top few places to make it worth our while.  Makes it a pretty simple decision to me.
spot on

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 20:51:00 PM »

maybe ahead of one of them but not miles ahead of both. More likely to be a coinflip.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 20:54:18 PM »
I"m gambooling for a triple up and a top 3 payday. I say gamble because the liklihood that this is going 3 way where tens are favourite to lose (<50%). With a deeper stack you can find a fold here but not with 9BBs
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 21:03:20 PM »

maybe ahead of one of them but not miles ahead of both. More likely to be a coinflip.

Which range do you not think we"re ahead off?

We"ve got the CL who is bullying and raising 60% of hands, and then a shortstack with about 6x who is shoving over the top of a person raising 60% of hands.

I"m pretty sure we"re going to be in great shape a huge amount of the time here.

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 00:23:25 AM »

I didn"t really have any reads on the button, he had recently been moved to my table, but as I said I had just re raised him as he tried to steal my BB, and so tagged him as fairly aggressive. CL had been very active, and even though he was UTG his range was massive, and as far as I was concerned I was way ahead of him.
When the button pushed I figured he probs had a PP or any ace, and hoped it was a pp, I also had a thought that I could maybe push the CL out of the pot ( Too much value - I know), but in that 20 secs you get.....
I wasn"t concerned with laddering too much as the next pay jump was for 10th, and I was maybe hoping I could get a decent enough win to pay for my upcoming skiing holiday!
So I shoved, button showed AKo, and CL showed pockets Aces!!! FFS!
AK didn"t improve, but neither did the tens. So another mega $54 win after 4 hours!
Thanks for your feedback guys, and at least Jamie agreed with my move this time!

Did you see any of the CL"s hands that he been raising mikey? [apart from AA :)]
put HH in a replayer and embed on here , are u game for some constructive feedback?
http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/

good luck with the skiing , hit them moguls . i"m off to garmisch in mid feb , brechen Sie ein Bein mikey ;D
[youtube=425,350][/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:08:42 AM by noble1 »