Author Topic: S4 Online National League - Discussion  (Read 44427 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Online National League - Discussion
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2010, 23:40:30 PM »

If that cannot split the teams, then each team will pick their top four players, meet in the carpark outside of DTD and the team of the last player standing will be the higher placed team.

If you end up tied with Liverpool, it might be advisable to just let them have the place.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 09:06:16 AM »

Players score points 1st - 9pts, 2nd - 8ts, 9th - 1pt.

The middle table is the total number of points each team scored in that matchday.  The top three teams then earn matchday points 3,2,1.

Exactly the same setup as last year (Well, apart from it being top 9 instead of top 10, but that is simply because we are playing 9 handed on Betfair)
youve put 1 = 9 pts 2 = 8 pts 9 = 1pts what does 2 3 4 5 6 7 positions  get  ???
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2010, 09:20:47 AM »

Is there any news on the league prizes yet ?

Tried selling it yesterday to some locals and it is hard when you can"t say what is up for grabs.

Please excuse me if this has already been mentioned, I couldn"t see it anywhere

Standard Betfair Poker payouts for each matchday, with no registration fees.

The top team in each division will receive 4 added value seats to live events (Awarded to their highest points scorers).

Division 1 - GUKPT Seats
Division 2 - APAT Professional Seats
Division 3 - APAT Amateur Seats

I really cannot see why the different divisions have a different prize value?

Surely we are paying the same amount to enter, playing the same amount of games, but the reward for winning is £750 less, or £925 less per person depending on which division you are in.

Obviously pleased to see some reward, and well done on negotiating the prizes through sponsorship, but the disparancy is far to great I believe!

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »

Is there any news on the league prizes yet ?

Tried selling it yesterday to some locals and it is hard when you can"t say what is up for grabs.

Please excuse me if this has already been mentioned, I couldn"t see it anywhere

Standard Betfair Poker payouts for each matchday, with no registration fees.

The top team in each division will receive 4 added value seats to live events (Awarded to their highest points scorers).

Division 1 - GUKPT Seats
Division 2 - APAT Professional Seats
Division 3 - APAT Amateur Seats

I really cannot see why the different divisions have a different prize value?

Surely we are paying the same amount to enter, playing the same amount of games, but the reward for winning is £750 less, or £925 less per person depending on which division you are in.

Obviously pleased to see some reward, and well done on negotiating the prizes through sponsorship, but the disparancy is far to great I believe!

The division 1 game had 151 runners, where the 2nd and 3rd div had 70 ish each...  
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2010, 13:14:46 PM »
This will mean a higher prize fund each week in division 1, but does not alter the amount of rounds or the entrance money paid in the other divisions by the participants!

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2010, 13:42:32 PM »
Agreed..!!!
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2010, 15:42:50 PM »

This will mean a higher prize fund each week in division 1, but does not alter the amount of rounds or the entrance money paid in the other divisions by the participants!

Agreed, maybe as something of a compromise in Season 2 the prizes could be better split equally over the divisions as:

Division Winning Teams Top Point Scorer = GUKPT seat
Division Winning Teams 2nd top point scorer = APAT Pro Seat
Division Winning Teams 3rd top point scorer = APAT Amateur Seat

Would certainly add some (needed) incentive to get players into the lower divisions.

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2010, 16:20:16 PM »

Agreed, maybe as something of a compromise in Season 2 the prizes could be better split equally over the divisions as:

Would certainly add some (needed) incentive to get players into the lower divisions.

Isnt the opportunity to build a team and instill a bit of pride, along with the opportunity of promotion to a higher division, and added value prizes not incentive enough for those in the lower divisions? Instead of focusing on what is being offered other teams, you might be better served by focusing on what added value and promotion opportunities exist for you.

Last season the incentive was the same for every single team created. Division 1 teams were relatively successful in attracting players and achieving some results, and are now being rewarded for that hard work and commitment. APAT are focused on the bigger picture and I can see what they are trying to achieve with this league. :)

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2010, 16:31:40 PM »
maybe u cud handicap players maybe they would  have to play blind 1 in 3 hands or they only score 1/2 a point because there house is bigger than urs ,,,
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2010, 16:32:21 PM »

Isnt the opportunity to build a team and instill a bit of pride, along with the opportunity of promotion to a higher division, and added value prizes not incentive enough for those in the lower divisions? Instead of focusing on what is being offered other teams, you might be better served by focusing on what added value and promotion opportunities exist for you.

Last season the incentive was the same for every single team created. Division 1 teams were relatively successful in attracting players and achieving some results, and are now being rewarded for that hard work and commitment. APAT are focused on the bigger picture and I can see what they are trying to achieve with this league. :)

Meh just an idea. 

Kinda agree there should be some reward but some teams will never be able to attract the numbers to compete solely down to geography.  

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2010, 16:50:43 PM »

5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2010, 17:32:51 PM »

maybe u cud handicap players maybe they would  have to play blind 1 in 3 hands or they only score 1/2 a point because there house is bigger than urs ,,,

Are you from this world or just totally spaced out

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2010, 10:12:38 AM »
its called wit , look it up under gulilble

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2010, 10:15:11 AM »

its called wit , look it up under gulilble

what"s "gulilble"?

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »
Look it up under "Tony"

Foggy......win promotion and you play for bigger prizes .........THAT is why the 10 teams are in the top Division, they WON there way there.
GL all.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu