Author Topic: Online series: playing from the same household  (Read 10292 times)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Online series: playing from the same household
« on: February 27, 2010, 18:11:45 PM »
I know there"s quite a few couples who play APAT tournaments (no not me and Blatch). I don"t know what the rule was on Blue Square but I just rang Betfair and they said it was against their rules for people in the same household/IP address to play the same MTT.

Myself and Shelley were going to play tonight obviously this is not possible now. Is this something that"s going to be looked into in future events or is this rule going to remain? Are there any other people who were planning on playing tonight from the same household this might effect?
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
Re: Online series: playing from the same household
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 18:13:17 PM »

I know there"s quite a few couples who play APAT tournaments (no not me and Blatch). I don"t know what the rule was on Blue Square but I just rang Betfair and they said it was against their rules for people in the same household/IP address to play the same MTT.

Myself and Shelley were going to play tonight obviously this is not possible now. Is this something that"s going to be looked into in future events or is this rule going to remain? Are there any other people who were planning on playing tonight from the same household this might effect?

mAXINE AND mATT WERE sitting next to each other on the same table the other night!!!!!!!!!!!
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 18:14:34 PM »
Ger and I played the satellites for Swansea and there was no problem. However there was a post that said if you end up on the same table one of you gets "locked out". Not tested that because we didn"t end up on the same table  ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 18:15:00 PM »

mAXINE AND mATT WERE sitting next to each other on the same table the other night!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah that answers that then -

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 18:16:32 PM »
Can we get a definitive on this tonight? Cos Betfair support told me it was against their rules. Also an answer on the possible lockdown situation too? Can Des/Leigh etc confirm if it"s ok for the two of us to play in tonights tournament please?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 18:22:46 PM »
I"m pretty sure you"ll be okay. I was on the table with McKinley & wife. It started with all the usual hellos and Maxine goes "Hi Matt"!
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 18:24:23 PM »
I raised this previously as the person who got locked out when down to 2 tables in an MTT but it was 2 or 3 years ago. The betfair FAQ says it"s not allowed for 2 people on same network/IP to play cash, but since then Matt said Max and he were on the same MTT table the other night so it might be worth giving it a go? Maybe the s/w only worries about it once you"re in the money because me and the missus had reached the money when I got locked out after I got moved to her table.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 18:32:33 PM »
Its generally ok on many sites for same IP address to be allowed to play in MTTs.
Mary Kivlin

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 18:34:16 PM »

Its generally ok on many sites for same IP address to be allowed to play in MTTs.

Yep it is. Was just asking because support said no. Obviously didn"t want to break any rules! I"ll assume now we won"t be when we both play :)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 18:41:28 PM »

Agreed, which is why me and Debjani ditched Betfair the moment it blocked us from doing so - and not before we entered a tournament but once we were down to the $ paying places having been placed on the same table. But as I say this was years ago and it may have changed.

To simplistic an answer that one Mary, given George"s OP and my previous experience. However, Matt and Maxine"s experience last week may show that what George was told by Betfair could be wrong (surely not!) and that it may work. Someone will soon be shouting if it doesn"t.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 19:04:18 PM »
trial and error methinks unless Des can confirm either way, lets hope all is ok :) and gl to u both 2nite
Mary Kivlin

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 19:36:54 PM »
We won"t be able to get an answer to this on a Saturday evening.  So if you feel in doubt with regards to tournaments; which do not appear to be specifically covered in Betfair"s terms, then you should take the cautious approach and not both play.  We will get an answer from Betfair HQ on Monday.  Apologies for any inconvenience this evening.

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 20:30:48 PM »
had a similar prob  a coouple of years ago ,tried to register from my sisters house for a BF tourney and it wouldnt let me as she was registered ,maybe changed now

recon if you can get registered should be ok
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 23:24:39 PM »
Did we get an answer on this one, trying to persuade housemates to join the online league.
North London Poker Club
APAT Caribbean Poker Club
APAT South African Poker Club

http://www.logieontour.co.uk

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 08:56:10 AM »
oooooooooo playin in the same comp, and on the same team, and from the same house that sounds a risky maybe you might be able to see each others cards mmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013