Author Topic: Betfair Poker - General Discussion  (Read 23236 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Betfair Poker - General Discussion
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »
Quite a few people had stated on here that they weren"t particularly enamoured with the Betfair poker client. I agreed with some of the comments, but in the interests of the new APAT/Betfair partnership, elected not to post my thoughts.

However, after my first real tourney last night (just played a few SNGs so far), I"m afraid I have to join those who outwardly dislike the client.

On a positive note though, I actually really like the table layout and screen - it"s uncluttered and easy to see stack sizes etc - I can"t stand sites that focus too much on screen graphics, which imo detract from what really matters. Betfair is just about spot on from that perspective.

On the downside though, there is far too much missing or difficult to use, ie Hand History, Tournament Structure, have to go outside the client for account balance, etc.  I know the HH is downloaded to my hard drive, but none of the trackers I have will read it. There is a link within the Preferences page that points at something called "Poker Buddy" to read HH, but when I click that I get taken to the Betfair website and to a 404 Page Not Found error.   During the tourney last night, I had no clue what the forthcoming levels were going to be - kind of important when considering dynamics of stack sizes, etc.

Lastly, the time allowed for actions is so restrictive - I had a decision to make in Level 1 last night before I had earned any additional timebank...... the short time allowance actually did me a favour though as I made a bad call that turned out to be the correct call.... more time to think, and I would have folded.

Overall gameplay and stability are fine. Just wish the client carried the features that most other sites sport nowadays. If Betfair intend to compete in this highly competitive market, they need to improve the overall user experience. IMO they are unlikely to draw customers away from Stars and Tilt - their competition is with the local sites such as those on the iPoker and Boss networks - but even those clients are dramatically better.

To end on a positive - despite all that I"ve said above, I will actually play more tourneys on Betfair (not just APAT games) as the standard of play in the SNGs is so bad... I presume it will be the same in the low buy-in MTTs.... there must be some value there (plus smaller fields means bedtime at a reasonable hour!)

Like all change - I guess it just takes time to get used to. I hope Betfair are listening to feedback though as many people are making good and valid points re the client software.

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2010, 12:42:16 PM »
+1
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2010, 23:30:10 PM »
how long does it take to get the money in your account when you cash in a tourney on betfair?

it should be straight away, but its not for me.

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2010, 23:37:00 PM »

how long does it take to get the money in your account when you cash in a tourney on betfair?

it should be straight away, but its not for me.

You get paid when the tourney finishes

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2010, 23:39:35 PM »
oh thanks.

Ironside

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2010, 22:15:00 PM »
dont know if i have time at the moment to field all my narks at the software

but better lobby info and the abilty to see the table and the lobby at same time are must

we need average stacks we need to be able to quickly find the structure  

we DONT need 10 minute break 2 hours into the comp 5 minutes is fine

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2010, 22:26:24 PM »
making the break is a bonus  ;D

Ironside

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2010, 23:20:59 PM »
sorry i wont be paying another penny for tourny buy ins untill there are a number of improvements

software is doing my head in

atleast after i bubble into 10th i will have enough in my account to attempt the click fest

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2010, 23:29:30 PM »

sorry i wont be paying another penny for tourny buy ins untill there are a number of improvements

atleast after i bubble into 10th i will have enough in my account to attempt the click fest

Mystic Ironside strikes again.    ;D

Ironside

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2010, 23:30:40 PM »

Mystic Ironside strikes again.    ;D

i wish i miss counted still need to put money in my account i hope my deposit limit is per day not per 24h

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 00:55:48 AM »
http://mobile.betfair.com/main/faq.jsp can you play poker on betfair mobile?

Also... betfair points... can you spend them? if so what on? Is there a shop or something....

Sorry if answered already... its just effort to look through thread.
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 02:19:53 AM »
A lot of people seem to have struggled to find hand histories. They are all on your PC"s hard drive - every hand you have played. In "Preferences", ensure "Save hand history" is ticked. It will show the path where they are located, which should be something straightforward like C:\Program Files\Betfair Poker\Hand History, unless you keep your poker software in sub-directories.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2010, 09:42:55 AM »

A lot of people seem to have struggled to find hand histories. They are all on your PC"s hard drive - every hand you have played. In "Preferences", ensure "Save hand history" is ticked. It will show the path where they are located, which should be something straightforward like C:\Program Files\Betfair Poker\Hand History, unless you keep your poker software in sub-directories.

Its right, it is there, but, its not exactly conducive to finding it quickly while you are playing..!!  And then figuring out in the text file where the stuff is you want to see.  Take a 10 minute break from the game while you find it..!!!
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »
Is it just me or does having betfair and hem running together kill anyone elses computer?

I"ve tried having stars/firefox/anything running along side and my pc just freezes after about 5 mins.  ??? >:( ???

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2010, 10:33:06 AM »
hem+betfair has known lag issues. PT3+betfair is not so bad... if u post on the hem forum they may be able to give u some help but I know its common.
Also to view hand histories in non text format u need to download betfairs hh viewer separately to the client
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"