Author Topic: S4 Online National League 1 - Matchday 1  (Read 26603 times)

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: S4 Online National League 1 - Matchday 1
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2010, 12:43:08 PM »
The bigger teams will have an advantage over the smaller teams whether it"s the top 9 or top 18 that score - and it"s ambiguous as to which would have less impact; so I don"t see the harm in changing it - but I also don"t see the need for it.

For each individual it"s easier to be in the winning team if you"re in a large team - but a larger team makes it harder for you to get one of the top 4 spots which will give you the individual added seat prize.

Similarly more people will enter the higher divisions because of the better prize - so they have a better prize, but it"s harder to get.

i.e. there are checks and balances built in to the system, I wouldn"t be surprised if some clubs end up dying off by the end of this season but fundamentally the system as it is can be supported by the player pool.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2010, 13:02:22 PM »

Just occurred to me that with 140 players and only the top 9 scoring over just 10 matchdays the overall results may be well within variance. Maybe have the number of scoring players as a function of the number of entrants. 18 felt better for today, for example.

Gotta agree cos we had four players still in with fifteen left and only one of them scored points, the others finishing 10th, 11th and 15th for nothing.  Please backdate the scoring system to include the 1st game.

Um, I don"t think it"s appropriate to ask APAT to change the scoring system just because it would benefit your team from the results yesterday... In fact asking for the scoring system to be backdated to give you guys a better result is out of line IMO. If they finished outside of the points the rules should not be changed to benefit them, DUCY?

Whom it benefits is incidental. I wouldn"t expect the system to be changed until next season anyway.

That is entirely coincidental and had nothing to do with my support for the proposal. On reflection, I feel that top 18 is too many and there should be points for top 15 only.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2010, 13:12:43 PM »

However, or even if you change the scoring system, you just CANNOT do it until the end of this 10-game season. You CANNOT move the goalposts once the game has started.
 The dynamics of last night"s FT would have been totally different had 18 players scored instead of 9 and therefore you cannot alter it retrospectively.
 Likewise therefore, you cannot alter the forthcoming games for the same reasons.

That isn"t likewise. If you can change the blind levels you can change the payout.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 13:31:12 PM »
What were the results for the 3 Divisions last night?
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 14:11:46 PM »

I won Division 1....  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 15:52:48 PM »
nothing wrong with the points system..........i agree the structure didnt seem right,,,all in or fold after the break made it a bit bingo,,im sure these are just teething problems though and will be adjusted !!!!

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2010, 15:57:22 PM »

And we won 5-1, it doesn"t get much better, well played Carl.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2010, 16:14:58 PM »

And we won 5-1, it doesn"t get much better, well played Carl.

Aye, and how u know I support Everton.. :)
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2010, 17:39:45 PM »
points scored should mirror betfairs payout structure. You cant have players scoring for their leagues but bombing out of tourneys before making the money. Then we"re rewarding players for failure. In the div 3 match yesterday, only 51 pitched up, so 9 got paid. Appropriately, only top 9 also scored for the league. If next week we get 200 and betfair pays top 10%, i.e 20, then top 20 should also only earn points
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2010, 20:42:27 PM »
Just like to point out fraac.....blind levels last season WERE 12 minutes.......making them 10 IS changing them !
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2010, 21:22:39 PM »

Just like to point out fraac.....blind levels last season WERE 12 minutes.......making them 10 IS changing them !

I agree with your comment about last year, but, I think the point he was making is, if you change the clock now after we have played game 1 of the season, it is the same as changing the points after game 1 of the season.  Either way, if one change is allowed, after review, at this point, then the other change SHOULD also be allowed, after review, at this point.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2010, 21:27:15 PM »

on the night, Kent won the tournament vs HU agaisnt Sunderland

Pts

3 to Nottingham (2 players finshing in 3rd and 4th)
2 to Kent
1 to Sunderland
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2010, 22:27:41 PM »
Final Tables, Points, League Tables are all updated HERE

Digger

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2010, 14:51:11 PM »

I agree with your comment about last year, but, I think the point he was making is, if you change the clock now after we have played game 1 of the season, it is the same as changing the points after game 1 of the season.  Either way, if one change is allowed, after review, at this point, then the other change SHOULD also be allowed, after review, at this point.

and your point is.............. ;)
The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2010, 15:37:15 PM »

and your point is.............. ;)

I was waiting for you to point me in the right direction.. ;)