Author Topic: amazing hand (Ivey vs Dwan)  (Read 2898 times)

fraac

• Silver Member
amazing hand (Ivey vs Dwan)
« on: March 15, 2010, 17:55:16 PM »
I don"t watch much poker but this was mindblowing. Ivey vs Dwan on High Stakes Poker:

http://www.pokertube.com/free-poker-videos?movie=13415&title=High_Stakes_Poker_S06_E05_4_4
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 23:59:15 PM by fraac »

AmandaCamm

• Gold Member
  • Always and Forever...
Re: amazing hand
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 19:22:53 PM »

I don"t watch much poker but this was mindblowing. Ivey vs Dwan on High Stakes Poker:

http://www.pokertube.com/free-poker-videos?movie=13415&title=High_Stakes_Poker_S06_E05_4_4

Wow...Talk about having me on the edge on my seat.
Someone once told me...Never have an excuse, always have a reason.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 19:42:54 PM »
That was very good to watch.  I was choking for him to call.  Poor little Durrrr looked like he was about to pass out when Ivey asked him how much he had back.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 19:52:03 PM »
and because of that he should have called - but who am I to go against the great phil  ;D

and then he tries to pass off his twitch with staring at the cards and blaming the lights -- FFS he was sh1tting himself  ;D

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: amazing hand (Ivey vs Dwan)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 17:01:43 PM »
How bad is that commentary?
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 17:27:48 PM »
Gabe kaplin is one of the most respected commentators out there. He has played poker for over 30 yrs and knows a heck of lot more than the commentators we get in this country.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 18:36:26 PM »
don"t really see how Phil could ever call there.... to be honest though, I"m surprised he didn"t raise on the flop with nut flush and nut straight draws...... but that"s probably why I lose so much playing cash :)

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 19:30:00 PM »
 The reason he didnt raise steve, is because they are both VERY deep (ivey has 1 million infront and durrrr had a lot also , like 700k). So they were maybe 500 BBs deep, maybe more. he wasnt exactly slowplaying, but felt he didnt want to shove for whatever it would be, incase durrrr has a set. If they were only shortstacking each other with poxy 100bbs deep then he would get it in easy.

At no point during the river was he intending to shove on durrrr, it would of been amazing if he did, but he was only beating a worse flush draw, and thats about it, he asks how much durrrr has left and relaises he cant get durrrr to lay down anything other than a stone cold bluff. He knows durrrr is weak now when he bets river because durrrr would check top pair or pair/ combo draws, and durrrr also looked so uncomfortable, so he never has AJ or top 2 in this spot and ivey knows this. and he was considering making  "sickest call of all time".

Interesting hand for people like us, but bread and butter for these guys, (hence eli elezra falling asleep)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 19:40:11 PM by WYoung83 »

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 19:52:03 PM »
I love that he almost called. $267K to win $677K so, to call, Ivey has to think Dwan"s range is >40% the exact hand it is. And he almost did! How?