Author Topic: Last night's satellite: Misplayed hand on the bubble?  (Read 6642 times)

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
Re: Last night's satellite: Misplayed hand on the bubble?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 06:37:23 AM »
I"m in the fold camp also. There is no excuse to get busted on [or close to] the bubble if you"re no the short stack.

Since we are now playing on Betfair, I would suggest searching out Ariston"s excellent articles on playing satellites.

[Edit: I"ve just had a quick look on Betfair and wasn"t able to find any articles, by anyone! I have a copy of said satellite article, but not sure I should re-produce it here, without Ariston"s permission. Anyone know how to get hold of him? Rich?]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:45:09 AM by RioRodent »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
meh i don"t think it is as clear a 100% fold as everyone makes out. We are second short stack and still 2 places out from a seat. The short stack is hardly in critical shape, although he has the blinds next hand. The button"s range is wide-ish and he"ll fold tonnes as our move is strong, making our position more comfortable if we take it down. If the small stack doubles up or steals a few we will be the short stack. We are no way going to cruise to a seat here.

It would have been better posted without the result of the hand - i.e. BB calling and winning with AK, although that call can be questioned in these circumstances, probably more than the SB shove.

still pose the question in what people would do if folded round to the SB, just open fold, raise/fold, limp??
Looking forward to making my first day 2

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 13:01:52 PM »

fold>>>>shove>raise>call

Surely with someone on 10k, and you with 17k, this is an auto-fold in a satellite at bubble time???

Total agreement
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 13:57:58 PM »
If it folds round im open shoving AJ, raise calling sucks in a satelite and surely raise folding becomes too exploitable on the bubble, put the decision on them. tbh not sure i hate the way the hand was played, we were one away from the propper bubble at the time and u still need to accumulate some chips to stay in the safety zone and tbh none of the big stacks were realli pushing the action too much, button was prob folding and its pretty unlucky to run into AK in the bb

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 16:28:37 PM »

still pose the question in what people would do if folded round to the SB, just open fold, raise/fold, limp??

I would be open shoving. I don"t mind getting in first, but don"t want to be getting my chips in in this spot when there is already action.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 16:41:51 PM »
How large was the big stack?  How much would he have had left if he"d have called your 14k re-raise with his AK, for what he must have thought would be a coin-flip, and lost?

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 17:33:51 PM »

How large was the big stack?  How much would he have had left if he"d have called your 14k re-raise with his AK, for what he must have thought would be a coin-flip, and lost?

there is a hand link on other table, he had over double hero"s stack. It was the BB who called behind with the AK, not the original raiser
Looking forward to making my first day 2

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 20:10:10 PM »
Pretty sure he only had around 40 k, the other big stack who had been aggressive earlier had calmed down a bit as we approached the bubble, as a big stack he has to be opening such a wide range on the button because neither sb or bb are going to fight back without a hand. In this situation where the big stack was only around double most of the short stacks i think hes going to be folding enough. Why take the chance of becoming a short  stack himself when he can coast to a seat

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 20:14:13 PM »

I"m in the fold camp also. There is no excuse to get busted on [or close to] the bubble if you"re no the short stack.

Since we are now playing on Betfair, I would suggest searching out Ariston"s excellent articles on playing satellites.

[Edit: I"ve just had a quick look on Betfair and wasn"t able to find any articles, by anyone! I have a copy of said satellite article, but not sure I should re-produce it here, without Ariston"s permission. Anyone know how to get hold of him? Rich?]

Permission to reproduce obtained from Ariston, see thread in APAT Academy section - http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=5637.0
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.