Author Topic: Captains request  (Read 5222 times)

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Captains request
« on: March 24, 2010, 18:30:26 PM »
I cant remember where Ger posted this, or what the outcome was, so I"ll request again.

"Is it possible for captains to have the ability to send emails to more than 10 people at a time?"

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
Re: Captains request
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 18:45:46 PM »

I cant remember where Ger posted this, or what the outcome was, so I"ll request again.

"Is it possible for captains to have the ability to send emails to more than 10 people at a time?"

+1
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 18:48:34 PM »
In our forum unless you are admin/Mod you are bound by a global setting for max PM"s. Seeing as it is basically the same software underneath it is probably the same here and I don"t think it can be set for idividuals.

However make us all mods and let the fun begin  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 06:53:57 AM »

In our forum unless you are admin/Mod you are bound by a global setting for max PM"s. Seeing as it is basically the same software underneath it is probably the same here and I don"t think it can be set for idividuals.

However make us all mods and let the fun begin  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ger, why don"t we piggy back to make it easier. You send 10 emails out including 1 to a player that forwards to 10 more and so on. This way you only have to send one email. Or is it possable to set up a post where only the captain can post and players can review it in there own time?
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:08 AM »
I"m confused.  Nothing new there then.   ;D  

Each league match, the captains start a thread in their section of the forum.  The team reads the thread.  Q&A happens in the thread.  Banter and end results too.  Is there something more I"m missing which requires special allowances for captains or a need for special threads?

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:41:55 AM »
I can understand why you would want to chase players by PM, but given that you are limited to 10 names per PM, why not just send two or three PMs?

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 17:49:19 PM »

I can understand why you would want to chase players by PM, but given that you are limited to 10 names per PM, why not just send two or three PMs?

thats the problem - its a pain in the arsium to send 5 PM"s with the same message and having to split and cut and paste and -- feck it I aint bothering this time.

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 09:11:13 AM »

thats the problem - its a pain in the arsium to send 5 PM"s with the same message and having to split and cut and paste and -- feck it I aint bothering this time.

Just set up a notepad file with the lists of 10 names for each pm.  That way u are just cutting and pasting the lists and message each month, will take seconds.