Author Topic: SET OVER SET OVER SET AA COMES LAST  (Read 4963 times)

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
Re: SET OVER SET OVER SET AA COMES LAST
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 22:52:41 PM »
Point is, im not tight enough to fold aces before the flop.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 12:18:11 PM »
lol nice rubdown by ChipAccrual re folding aces pre
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Luke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 14:05:11 PM »
Not often I post hands on here, but what are the chances of this happening?!

Up to around 8k on Sunday in the league match. Going quite well and feeling quite confident.

I get dealt AA (only hand I play), Middle stack (6K )gets dealt AK and the villain with the short stack (3.5k). All the chips go in preflop. Villain who is on my right hand side hits trip queens on the turn. I lose and pick up the side pot.

The very next hand, I get 10s. The villain then raises. I shove for my remaining 5k. He calls and shows pocket 9"s. Obviously 9 is the first card out and the rest is history!

I can take an overpair losing all day long. But to lose two overpairs to underpairs two hands in a row, to the same person really just takes the biscuit!

And then to top it off, Palace couldnt sneak that vital win last night. Going to be a nerve wracking day up in Sheffield!
The Executioner

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 14:40:36 PM »

AJ had trips. Not a set, massive difference. Sorry to nit pick. dont think he could fold aces here imo. Unless its like in final table sat with several seats up for grabs for instance.

lol dont see ur point mr will but hey ho

think he is pointing out the difference between a set and trips. AJ made trips, Kings and 7s made sets.

Just a technicality but you need a pocket pair to make a set
Looking forward to making my first day 2

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 09:43:22 AM »

AJ had trips. Not a set, massive difference. Sorry to nit pick. dont think he could fold aces here imo. Unless its like in final table sat with several seats up for grabs for instance.

lol dont see ur point mr will but hey ho

think he is pointing out the difference between a set and trips. AJ made trips, Kings and 7s made sets.

Just a technicality but you need a pocket pair to make a set
i understand what he is saying i just dont see the point of him actually saying it
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 15:33:49 PM »

I just dont see the point of him actually saying it

could say the same about the OP ;D ;)
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Perrygarl

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 16:17:23 PM »
There is a passage in "Poker Winners are Different" by Alan N. Schoonmaker, PH.D. about AA pre-flop. Theoretically, you want as many opponents to call pre-flop your all-in, as this gives you the best long-term results. While your equity within the pot is significantly smaller against four opponents than one, the amount you stand to win on average against the four will be significantly more.

However, there are those super-special cases. Like when players consider folding the nuts, because if a player is knocked out a table is broken and they face tougher competition, whereas keeping the soft table together is likely to give him more than what he wins there and then.

.....Poker is a funny game. ;D

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 16:50:21 PM »

.....Poker is a funny game. ;D

It is the way Cincy plays it!  ::)
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 18:49:26 PM »
please read my book OUT in all good bookstores SOON

HOW I WON A BRONZE MEDAL IN STUD, WON THE LEAGUE AND GOLD MEDAL, OWNED BCPC SEASON 1 AND HEADS UP CHAMPIONSHIP AND AND LOST WITH MANY HANDS WHEN 90% + AHEAD ..ITS A CRACKER
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 19:00:24 PM »

please read my book OUT in all good bookstores SOON

HOW I WON A BRONZE MEDAL IN STUD, WON THE LEAGUE AND GOLD MEDAL, OWNED BCPC SEASON 1 AND HEADS UP CHAMPIONSHIP AND AND LOST WITH MANY HANDS WHEN 90% + AHEAD ..ITS A CRACKER

I"d like to make an offer for the movie rights.....50p about right? ;)
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 19:33:13 PM »
lol, tony. phil Ivey had better watch out. ;)