Author Topic: S4 APAT World Championships Of Amateur Poker 2010 (Q & A)  (Read 121833 times)

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
Re: APAT World Championships Of Amateur Poker (WCOAP)
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 22:21:12 PM »
looks like freeroll and sat opens at 6am saturday morning,or is it  7am ,betfair times are confusing ?early rise me thinks
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 22:32:10 PM »

Its a genuine question,the event is 3 months away give or take,with many other events
in between.

Sure, but if APAT wait then they get complaints about people not being given enough notice to plan properly....they really can"t win whichever option they choose, so they err towards earlier...Fair?

Also, there are a lot of seats to be sold and the longer they are available the more chances of a decent field.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 00:23:49 AM »

The five day festival will feature Heads Up, Stud, Pot Limit Omaha, Six Max,  H.O.R.S.E  and a three day no limit hold "em World Amateur Championship main event

Wot, no Badugi? :o
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 00:25:08 AM »

The five day festival will feature Heads Up, Stud, Pot Limit Omaha, Six Max,  H.O.R.S.E  and a three day no limit hold "em World Amateur Championship main event

I know :"( shocking omission imo
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

AllanD23

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 01:38:09 AM »
the lobby has the freeroll and the satellite both at the same time on sunday, is that right?

thee duke.

Keith B

• Bronze Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 08:37:15 AM »

>:( >:(

gomarrrahh

• Bronze Member
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 16:00:46 PM »
Is it just me or is this announcement a bit out the blue? I get that its early so that people can buyin and sort everything out but the fact there was no indication of when the buyin would be available (not that I"ve seen anyways) is slightly frustrating.
With a couple days notice and the choice to play in multiple events (in some peoples cases all of them) am I alone in thinking that this is a bit unreasonable?

I unfortunately don"t have a spare 300quid lying around jus ready for a random apat buyin and now looks like I will miss out of the world champ events as seats are sure to be snapped up as this is the pinnacle event of apat season 4.

Nice one :(
APAT WCOAP Heads Up Champion 2011
APAT UK Final Tablist 2011
APAT Welsh Online Omaha Champion 2010
APAT Season 4 - Five Time Omaha Final Tablist

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 16:14:36 PM »
I don"t really see the difference between announcing in February that the tanks will open in 3 months (not practical at the time anyway) and letting people save up in the interim....or assume people will save up regardless for when the tanks do open.

A little bit of forward planning has gone a long way...at least for me. The dates of the World comps was announced some months ago and I"m sure that  many of us have put money aside to cover those that we want to play although I think it unlikely that most of us will want to play ALL of them for £300. I think you might be the exception there.

However, I think you can rest assured that most of these events won"t sell out immediately, so I think you"ll be in with a chance for a while.

Then again, I could be wrong.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 16:22:42 PM by Paulie_D »

siberiankhatru

• Bronze Member
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 16:41:33 PM »

Is it just me or is this announcement a bit out the blue? I get that its early so that people can buyin and sort everything out but the fact there was no indication of when the buyin would be available (not that I"ve seen anyways) is slightly frustrating.
With a couple days notice and the choice to play in multiple events (in some peoples cases all of them) am I alone in thinking that this is a bit unreasonable?

I unfortunately don"t have a spare 300quid lying around jus ready for a random apat buyin and now looks like I will miss out of the world champ events as seats are sure to be snapped up as this is the pinnacle event of apat season 4.

Nice one :(

your not the only one.

I just don"t think 3 days notice is fair on people.

I have plans on Sunday which I would of kept free if I know the buy in was then.

I am lucky that I have kept poker winnings aside for this and the Scottish apat but many people haven"t.

When you are putting out a few hundred pound I would expect a bit of notice even a couple of weeks.
"You do an awfully good impression of yourself"

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 17:07:01 PM »
I have to say...  I can"t understand why this has been planned this way...

All the sats, freerolls, whatever, all running this Sunday, and, at the same time as a previously planned team game..!  We have 3 months of time between now and the actual games...  SURELY, someone could have arranged the games away from an online game already planned and will be a fair number of players playing in that game, who want to also take some part in the WCOAP games in August.   How many days next week are we doing nothing online for APAT where these games could have been scheduled?  Also, with the alternate games ALL being 10pm Sunday night..?  Is it planned this way on purpose?

IMHO.. Terrible planning..!!!

I would hope that someone explains the part of the planning that I cannot see as sensible.!!

Cheers
Carl.
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 17:15:01 PM »
I blame Leigh!  :o

HonestPhil

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 17:45:41 PM »
HI,
whats the password for thr freeroll on Saturday please,
Cheers,Phil

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 17:49:15 PM »

HI,
whats the password for thr freeroll on Saturday please,
Cheers,Phil

I"m assuming it will be "apatmember".

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 18:57:41 PM »

the lobby has the freeroll and the satellite both at the same time on sunday, is that right?

thee duke.

The freeroll is now on Saturday night and the password is apatmember

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 19:24:59 PM »
Okay, let me try and clear up a few points here :-

The dates, buyin and structure for the WCOAP were announced when we released details of season 4, about 3 months ago.

As was stated then, the plan was to release these seats earlier than for a normal APAT Championship, which matched exactly what we did last season.

The length of notice is a little disappointing, but when you are releasing joint information to both Betfair and APAT's player database, it is not always a straight forward process.  Also, the calendar this year is significantly busier and we have tried to ensure the sale date doesn"t clash with other events, bank holidays etc.

Both the freeroll and added value satellite are events that Betfair have asked to put on, and that offers APAT members over £1500 of additional value seats.  This is tremendous value, and something we have not had before.

The freeroll is on the Saturday night.  The clash on the Sunday night with the league game simply means that we should have over 200 regular APAT players already on Betfair at that time.  The main event holding tanks go on sale at the first break during the league game.  Buying in is now very straight forward, and should take approximately 10 second to complete.

The side events all being released at the same time, again is aimed at fairness to all players.  These events have a significantly limited seating compared to APAT National events.  Different players will want to play different games, and by releasing them at the same time gives everyone a fair chance to register for their preferred choice of side events.  If you manage to register for everything, then well done.  By releasing them at 10pm on Sunday, players should have had enough chance to register for their choice of startign day in the main event, and can then plan around that.

I know we cannot please everyone and so far this season we have had posts and pm"s saying too early, too late, to many, not enough.  As ever, a lot of thought and planning goes into setting up these events, and the aim is always to be fair to as many of our members as we possibly can and offer great value events.

Good Luck with getting seats this weekend.

As always, more than happy to answer questions either on here or via pm.

Leigh