Author Topic: S4 APAT World Championships Of Amateur Poker 2010 (Q & A)  (Read 122023 times)

Delboy

• Silver Member
  • Its not about the Poker
Re: APAT World Championships Of Amateur Poker (WCOAP)
« Reply #270 on: August 02, 2010, 19:47:14 PM »

final table has holecams, but they haven"t been used for any live feeds for obvious reasons.

if anyone caught tv coverage of English Open for example, you can see that they were used for edited coverage afterwards

They used special cards for the UKIPT event at DTD I believe.  They could be "read" by the camera and so the hands could be reported accurately and quickly. 

...and yes, those windows are a right pain on the final table ;)

Surely a window should be a pane?

(I am choosing to ignor the blatant brag)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #271 on: August 02, 2010, 19:59:46 PM »

They used special cards for the UKIPT event at DTD I believe.  They could be "read" by the camera and so the hands could be reported accurately and quickly. 

Really? Never heard of this, and would like to be sure there"s no risk before agreeing to use them. How do they work? How can we be sure there"s no-one at the table with "special" glasses?
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #272 on: August 02, 2010, 20:12:06 PM »

Really? Never heard of this, and would like to be sure there"s no risk before agreeing to use them. How do they work? How can we be sure there"s no-one at the table with "special" glasses?

Would you like to refract retract that statement ;D
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #273 on: August 02, 2010, 20:33:40 PM »

I didn"t see that specific circumstance but I"m assuming it was paper thin microchips.

And yes, I agree, the holecam windows are really annoying when you play on the final table at DtD  ;D ;D
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

kevfin

Re: Questions re Nottingham
« Reply #274 on: August 04, 2010, 16:01:30 PM »

Hi all, can anyone tell me what time day 1a starts? thanks.

Hi.
Looking to register for this event.Can you tell me if you can do this on the day or does it need to be done before??
New to this live event stuff!

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2010, 16:23:14 PM »

Don"t worry, it"s unlikely you"ll encounter this problem again.

;-)

I didn"t see that specific circumstance but I"m assuming it was paper thin microchips.

And yes, I agree, the holecam windows are really annoying when you play on the final table at DtD  ;D ;D

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Questions re Nottingham
« Reply #276 on: August 04, 2010, 17:14:46 PM »

Hi.

Looking to register for this event.Can you tell me if you can do this on the day or does it need to be done before??
New to this live event stuff!

Assuming you mean the Main Event then at the moment the Seat Exchange is your only option.

However, I believe that Betfair and Leigh are totting up the number of seats left unallocated after the marketing, satellites and freerolls etc. and that any "extra"s may be opened up for registration through the Betfair poker software as usual.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

ronaldo07

• Silver Member
« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2010, 01:26:38 AM »
So has anybody got an idea when the rest of the seats are going on sale and will there be any alternates allowed at all?

Any info would be great cheers.

Iain
Team GNF member Bronze medal S4
Team GNF member GOLD S5

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2010, 11:30:45 AM »

So has anybody got an idea when the rest of the seats are going on sale and will there be any alternates allowed at all?

No info on possible sales of additional seats on the day as yet. Alternates will be allowed (AFAIK) but these are likely to less than 5 on each day (based on previous experience).

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2010, 11:51:44 AM »

There were barcodes on the face of every card...!!
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2010, 12:00:45 PM »

There were barcodes on the face of every card...!!

ahh I see, I"ve heard of micro chipped playing cards before, but obviously this is cleverer as effectively there"s no difference between these cards and normal cards.

That"s cool, when can we do it for APAT?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

vvolf_007

« Reply #281 on: August 06, 2010, 19:21:59 PM »
Hi, apologies for a silly question, but how can I register for WCOAP events? I understood that you could do it through betfair, but in the scheduled tournament section I only see Stud event, but even that is password protected??

thanks,
W

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #282 on: August 06, 2010, 20:34:43 PM »
At present, not all of the events are showing up (at least the last time I checked).

Also, the current allocation of Main Event seats are sold out but it is expected that some more (number unknown) will become available shortly. I am expecting these to be sold the same way but this hasn"t been confirmed as yet.

Your final option is to see if anyone is selling a seat on the APAT Seat Exchange or post a new thread there asking to see if anyone will sell you one.

Keep an eye out for more news.

rejmak

• Silver Member
« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2010, 15:35:52 PM »
Is this is possible to get know which days on main event will play players from team event? Than i would buy a seat on APAT side event Omaha or 6max

Thanks for any info..

marcin

dougal

« Reply #284 on: August 08, 2010, 19:13:50 PM »
Hi, do you know when the ME will appear back on betfair?, as i wish to unregister. :(