Author Topic: S4 APAT World Championships Of Amateur Poker 2010 (Q & A)  (Read 121869 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: APAT World Championships Of Amateur Poker (Q & A)
« Reply #345 on: August 18, 2010, 17:36:49 PM »

What would you all think of set up something like "Best player of WCOAP 2010" We could easy choice one of the player by vote after all events. There is 5 event to play possbile by one player so i belive there will be someone who cash few times or take a 2 FT. Maybe APAT can find few pounds to made a special trophy for that player? or (and) some of small cash prize like buy in to any of APATs event....

At last years WCOAP, Paul Pitchford was declared player of the festival for his Omaha win and bubbling the final table of the main event.  He won an APAT Polo Shirt for this amazing achievement.

We will make another award this year with a prize attached.  It very much is about the pride and prestige of winning the award.

rejmak

• Silver Member
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2010, 18:25:24 PM »
Yes i remember that Paul played well (he knock me out from ME) I was just thinking about more official way with for example: trophy+ prize. A APAT polo shirt sound nice too but putting trophy on the desk will be better i think:)

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #347 on: August 19, 2010, 00:35:46 AM »

Structures of the Stud, HU and Omaha events available yet ?

Pot Limit Stud

6000 chips, 30 minute clock

Heads Up

20,000 chips WSOP structure

Omaha

10,000 chips 30 minute clock (identical to a DTD Omaha festival structure)

Cheers fella.

You mean this one ?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 00:55:18 AM by Bainn »
  Deepstack champion S2  

Swinger

« Reply #348 on: August 19, 2010, 07:20:41 AM »
Hello, can a list of all players be posted as just need to check that Im in main event, I registered on Betfair but the holding tank has now gone, so just need to check as long way to Nottingham and want to make sure Im in, thanks.

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #349 on: August 19, 2010, 08:00:37 AM »

Hello, can a list of all players be posted as just need to check that Im in main event, I registered on Betfair but the holding tank has now gone, so just need to check as long way to Nottingham and want to make sure Im in, thanks.

Leigh posted a thread three below this one - "WCOAP - Player Lists"
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #350 on: August 19, 2010, 08:06:29 AM »

Leigh posted a thread three below this one - "WCOAP - Player Lists"

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=6619.0

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #351 on: August 19, 2010, 08:09:02 AM »
Are there really two Gerard Smyths playing on Day 1b ?  :o
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #352 on: August 19, 2010, 09:17:41 AM »

Are there really two Gerard Smyths playing on Day 1b ?  :o

Yes Junior and very Senior :D
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #353 on: August 19, 2010, 10:21:40 AM »

Structures of the Stud, HU and Omaha events available yet ?

Pot Limit Stud

6000 chips, 30 minute clock

Heads Up

20,000 chips WSOP structure

Omaha

10,000 chips 30 minute clock (identical to a DTD Omaha festival structure)

Cheers fella.

You mean this one ?

No. For starters the chips for players at the start of each match won"t double from the round before

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #354 on: August 19, 2010, 13:37:09 PM »
Leigh.

As the Betfair tanks are now closed, I seem to recall seeing something about any "spare" seats being made available on the day at DTD.

I would assume that these will be opened up for purchase ON THE DAY at the venue and when these run out the Alternate list will then take over.

1. Am I right?
2. Is there a "start" time for purchase/registration/getting on the list for these spare seats?

Finally, is there a "cut-off" date / time for seat swaps &/or sales on the Seat Exchange?
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Shortstack

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
    • Poker League
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2010, 16:20:43 PM »
Just a quick question, i appologise if its already been mentioned.

Will day 1a and day 1b of the main event be run down to a "cut off" or just keep playing untill a set time?
For example
200 people enter for day 1a - will we just play down to 100 then stop and come back for the final day?
Or do we play till 1am or something and whoever is left comes back for final day.
Cheers

Ignore this just read 6 pages back what the crac is.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 16:38:55 PM by alstorey »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2010, 18:38:14 PM »

Leigh.

As the Betfair tanks are now closed, I seem to recall seeing something about any "spare" seats being made available on the day at DTD.

I would assume that these will be opened up for purchase ON THE DAY at the venue and when these run out the Alternate list will then take over.

1. Am I right?  - Yes you are correct
2. Is there a "start" time for purchase/registration/getting on the list for these spare seats? - Waiting on DTD to confirm

Finally, is there a "cut-off" date / time for seat swaps &/or sales on the Seat Exchange? - The plan is 6pm the evening before each event.  Players need to be aware that we will be at DTD for 5 days running the event, live updates, live streaming, etc, so our response times may fluctuate a bit

MackemX

« Reply #357 on: August 20, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »
Sorry for being slightly hard of understanding, but here goes.
If I was looking to play the stud, SH hold"em, Omaha and HORSE events, would I have to ship up to DtD at openig time each day to try for a spare seat or will I be able to ring in advance, find out that there are seats for all 4 then purchase the lot in one go on arrival?
I"m assuming DtD will have all the answers at some point soon.
Also, I know I should have registered earlier, booked the time off work months ago, but never got around to doing it.
Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #358 on: August 20, 2010, 09:32:04 AM »

Sorry for being slightly hard of understanding, but here goes.
If I was looking to play the stud, SH hold"em, Omaha and HORSE events, would I have to ship up to DtD at openig time each day to try for a spare seat or will I be able to ring in advance, find out that there are seats for all 4 then purchase the lot in one go on arrival?

I don"t recall APAT allowing phone-ins.

As far as buying in at DTD, you will only be able to purchase seats ON THE DAY of the individual event.

There are, I believe, some Stud & Omaha seats available in the Seat Exchange.

Also, I know I should have registered earlier, booked the time off work months ago, but never got around to doing it.

I think you know the answer for next time...don"t you?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:36:28 AM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

MackemX

« Reply #359 on: August 20, 2010, 11:03:36 AM »
Cheers fella.

Just enquired after stud and omaha seats, will play the rest by ear or bugger off back over to Manchester for the GUKPT summer series events.
Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.