Author Topic: APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.  (Read 52429 times)

mal666

• Gold Member
Re: APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2010, 10:32:02 AM »

?, ?????? ??? ?? ???? ???, ??? ???? ???????????????? ??? ? ???? ??? APAT ???? ?????? ???? ??????. ?? ????? ????? ?? ??????, ????????? ?????? ???? ?????? ??? ??? WCOAP; ? ????? ???? ????? ?? ???? "Freeroll" ??? ?????????? ?? ???????? ???????? ??? ??? ??? ??????? ??????? ?????;

"Oh, well done on your win, I did not realize that the word of APAT had arrived in Greece. I just want to ask, think flying to England for WCOAP; Or just check the word "Freeroll" and decides to invade our tournament like a dirty Greek fisherman?"

Very grown up.

Ban.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2010, 10:33:57 AM »

There is a clue in the word "World".

APAT is not restricted to UK.

I think the money would have been better spent on an "added value" tournament.

For example a satellite where all entry fee"s pay for the WCOAP entries and the added money is split between all those who win a seat to help with expenses.

That way the people and sites who just trawl for freerolls won"t have picked up on it.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »
I think we are kind of missing the point here. Posters are saying that the people comlaining are not acting in the spirit of APAT. I disagree, I think they are trying to uphold the spirit of APAT. Its obvious, looking back at the posts, that these players were looking for money and nothing else. They are not interested in attending the event in August. Surley that"s what the freeroll was about. If not then scrap all the stuff about the side games and just play for the money. If it"s an actual event for a seat in the side games then give them a seat and add the cash to the prize pool.  
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2010, 10:38:08 AM »
A lot of people who played weren"t and aren"t interested in APAT and don"t know anything about APAT still because all they did was pick up the password from a website for people who just trawl the web looking for freerolls.

As I"ve put on the other thread I think the money would be better spent on providing added money rather than a freeroll.

Having said that, I think it"s very wrong for people to make any assumptions as to which players were or weren"t just "taking advantage".

And even where there are people who were only along for the free ride it"s much better to just accept that fact with good grace rather than rudeness.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2010, 10:41:20 AM »

I think we are kind of missing the point here. Posters are saying that the people comlaining are not acting in the spirit of APAT. I disagree, I think they are trying to uphold the spirit of APAT. Its obvious, looking back at the posts, that these players were looking for money and nothing else. They are not interested in attending the event in August. Surley that"s what the freeroll was about. If not then scrap all the stuff about the side games and just play for the money. If it"s an actual event for a seat in the side games then give them a seat and add the cash to the prize pool. 

I think what most are trying to say is that it is not acceptable behaviour to bad mouth new members no matter how they became one.  As for the freeroll, yes there may well have been a better way to have it played out eg token, but its done now and these posts are not required or needed to slate the players who played last night.

They are also correct in that it is not APAT spirit.
Mary Kivlin

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »
Lets look at what the freeroll has achieved

[ x ] increased exposure for APAT

[ x ] increased traffic for Betfair

[ x ] extra value for poker players - for free

[   ] APAT spirit shown by all existing members

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:48:32 AM by SirPerceval »

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2010, 10:43:37 AM »
I disagree, MW...on the way the money was spent.

The freeroll idea was perfectly fine. However, it should have been a token, as many people have said, rather than cash itself.

[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2010, 10:45:16 AM »
With regard to the freeroll, a token may well have prevented this situation but as I have said on the other thread, it is done now, and its experience that apat have gained from it and can adjust for the next time we are fortunate to have a freeroll provided for the members.
Mary Kivlin

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2010, 10:45:38 AM »

Why would Betfair sponsor a freeroll to the tune of $1550 if they only wanted existing APAT players to enter it? Is that not preaching to the converted?

Poker sites put on freerolls to bring additional traffic to the site. If some of the participants go on to become APAT players, then that is to APAT's benefit. Those that don"t will probably use their $77.50 to continue playing on Betfair, increasing and/or maintaining Betfairs player base and fluidity, paying rake and reg fees... this is "what the freeroll was all about."
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »

There is a clue in the word "World".

APAT is not restricted to UK.

I think the money would have been better spent on an "added value" tournament.

For example a satellite where all entry fee"s pay for the WCOAP entries and the added money is split between all those who win a seat to help with expenses.

That way the people and sites who just trawl for freerolls won"t have picked up on it.

And this from someone whose claim to fame comes from going deep in a WSOP Razz tournament. Just remind us again how you got into that tournament?  ;)
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

dante

« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2010, 10:49:02 AM »

As dante has said, no matter who they come across and meet be it in poker or on forum they are hospitable, I see no hospitable behaviour from regular APAT members here.

Thanks!... Participation in this tournament (freeroll) has allowed me to become interested in your forum as I aspire to play better and it is interesting to me as play, what psychology  
Games behind a table at players from other countries... At our forum we really always warmly and hospitably meet people from other countries... It we only among themselves  
We swear sometimes))... I love poker!... And I like to look matches English Premiere league on football)... I look as our football players Pavliuchenko, Arshavin, Jirkov and Bilyaletdinov in your country play

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »

As dante has said, no matter who they come across and meet be it in poker or on forum they are hospitable, I see no hospitable behaviour from regular APAT members here.

Thanks!... Participation in this tournament (freeroll) has allowed me to become interested in your forum as I aspire to play better and it is interesting to me as play, what psychology  
Games behind a table at players from other countries... At our forum we really always warmly and hospitably meet people from other countries... It we only among themselves  
We swear sometimes))... I love poker!... And I like to look matches English Premiere league on football)... I look as our football players Pavliuchenko, Arshavin, Jirkov and Bilyaletdinov in your country play

Welcome to APAT.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2010, 10:55:50 AM »
Welcome to APAT Dante.

I think you will find most regulars on here welcome new members (wherever they are from) and if you stick around I"m sure you"ll agree we are a good bunch.

Apologies for the disgraceful post above aimed at our new greek member and I only hope the person who posted that comes on here and retracts those words.

dante

« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2010, 11:08:27 AM »

Welcome to APAT Dante.

Welcome to APAT.

Thanks!.... Only I ask to excuse me for my bad English. I read your messages and I write by means of google translator

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2010, 11:10:45 AM »
Welcome to APAT Dante and apologies for the abuse you and others received last night from members of this forum.  It isn"t typical of APAT members to attack like that and unfortunate that ye had to deal with it as your introduction.  It tells a lot about you as a person that you stuck it out without resorting to retaliation - an admirable quality in a person.  Please stick around as we could do with more like you.   :)