Author Topic: APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.  (Read 52443 times)

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
Re: APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2010, 11:46:41 AM »
He"s just joking Dante, Laxie understood what you ment.
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

gomarrrahh

• Bronze Member
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2010, 11:47:20 AM »
Well done to those who "qualified" for the wcoap side events, hopefully we will see those winnings used for APAT buyins but that looks unlikely. The freeroll was a great idea and we all know now that a token would have been the way to go. Welcome dante, hope this tourney isn"t a flash in the pan and the community and population of APAT grows. Surely this was the indication with such a good schedule and sponser for this season.

For me personally, I went out in about 130th wen my qc qd hit a flop of  qh ks 6c (suits not exact) and the villain just had to have  kh kd sign.

A double up there and I won have been around the top 20 looking for a good push. Frustrating that the free value was quite possibly won by players with no interest in the worlds events but a lesson learned and full support for APAT in branching out to new members in future and for similar events with great value.
APAT WCOAP Heads Up Champion 2011
APAT UK Final Tablist 2011
APAT Welsh Online Omaha Champion 2010
APAT Season 4 - Five Time Omaha Final Tablist

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2010, 11:48:28 AM »

Oh dear did "avatar" get lost in the google translator  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have told a unsuccessful compliment? Forgive me... It is all difficulties of translation))... In Russian I would try to make more gracefully))

No it was a perfect compliment - you two really must meet  ::) ::) ::)

Your dry wit and sarcasm doesn"t translate well Duke.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2010, 11:50:41 AM »

I have told a unsuccessful compliment? Forgive me... It is all difficulties of translation))... In Russian I would try to make more gracefully))

Don"t mind him Dante.  He"s already had his few pints for breakfast and is just having a bit of fun teasing me.  We"re all mates and hang out a live events together, so we like to make fun of each other.  You"re post was grand in my opinion.   ;)

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2010, 11:56:35 AM »

Don"t mind him Dante.  He"s already had his few pints for breakfast and is just having a bit of fun teasing me.  We"re all mates and hang out a live events together, so we like to make fun of each other.  You"re post was grand in my opinion.   ;)

That is when Volcanos don"t keep Laxie away.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:59:48 AM by zzBlizzardzz »

dante

« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2010, 11:59:42 AM »

PS- New guy buys the beer!!! Lol

Ok....if I"m in England, be sure to bring you a beer ... and I will be glad to meet you in Russia, then I"ll show you what a Russian vodka))))

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »

Ok....if I"m in England, be sure to bring you a beer ... and I will be glad to meet you in Russia, then I"ll show you what a Russian vodka))))

Checking flights (So is Laxie)

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2010, 12:01:55 PM »

I"m liking you very much already Dante!!

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2010, 12:02:22 PM »

That is went Volcanos don"t keep Laxie away.

Oh please!  You underestimate me.  Even volcanoes don"t get in the way of my travel plans.

Double deal.  You might want to invest in a new liver though.  Hanging out with us can be dangerous.  We"re pretty fond of our drink.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »

The freeroll idea was perfectly fine. However, it should have been a token, as many people have said, rather than cash itself.

The added money for expenses idea also relates back to the previous suggestion about having satellites with expenses, if people want to stick around for the whole of the WCOAP then having expenses as the added value is going to be really helpful.

The freeroll with a token obviously makes it easier to market to attract more new players, and added money for expenses makes it a more practical option for the players to use their winnings to go.

I personally think it"s better to have the practical option rather than the marketing option, but either way round is equally as valid it"s just a matter for APAT and Betfair to decide their main aim (probably marketing obv)
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2010, 12:10:06 PM »
Would a token payout really have changed much ? After all 1 post on seat exchange and it`s sold any way.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2010, 12:10:17 PM »

There is a clue in the word "World".

APAT is not restricted to UK.

I think the money would have been better spent on an "added value" tournament.

For example a satellite where all entry fee"s pay for the WCOAP entries and the added money is split between all those who win a seat to help with expenses.

That way the people and sites who just trawl for freerolls won"t have picked up on it.

And this from someone whose claim to fame comes from going deep in a WSOP Razz tournament. Just remind us again how you got into that tournament?  ;)

;D

I could point out that it was from a magazine I had a paid subscription for. I"m not against freerolls per se, and this one still achieved it"s aim like you said for attracting new players to Betfair and new players to APAT - but I think similar aims can be achieved in a different way, and if it is going to be a freeroll then it can be managed better (like the token idea).
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

dante

« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »

Double deal.  You might want to invest in a new liver though.  Hanging out with us can be dangerous.  We"re pretty fond of our drink.

Do not worry, dear Laxie ... I know what a Russian vodka and therefore will not offer it to you too much .... just try)

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2010, 12:16:38 PM »

Chezger ?????-???? ?????????? ??????????

(chezger poker tour globals global!)

and BTW, Well done on all those who finished in Top 20.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2010, 12:30:05 PM »

Do not worry, dear Laxie ... I know what a Russian vodka and therefore will not offer it to you too much .... just try)

What?  WHAT?!  Oh my.  Lads, please explain my tendencies to our new friend as I"m truly stuck for words now.   :o