Author Topic: S4 WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship 2010  (Read 51772 times)

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
Re: WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship 2010
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »

Am I right in thinking that myself and Don Roberts, being the top 2 English guys from the current Live rankings, are to be in the English team?

I can"t see why one if the top 2 English poker players would be excluded from Team GB. Wouldn"t make any sense.

Team England you mean...  This is not the Olympics you know..!!!
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 11:06:02 AM »
Yea. This is what I mean. I mean it"s an APAT event. Why wouldn"t APAT points standings be taken into account?
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
It"s under debate.  No decision has been taken yet as we are so few events in - which was a very relevant point made above.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »

Yea. This is what I mean. I mean it"s an APAT event. Why wouldn"t APAT points standings be taken into account?

They can be taken into account without it being a mandatory selection
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 13:31:57 PM »

Does not make sense in the slightest.  A rule saying to have certain people in a certain team, but, dont worry, you dont have to if you dont want to, just pick your friends instead...!!
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2010, 14:08:20 PM »

Does not make sense in the slightest.  A rule saying to have certain people in a certain team, but, dont worry, you dont have to if you dont want to, just pick your friends instead...!!

Nobody has ever picked their friends for this event as far as I"m concerned.  And we"re particularly talking about the home countries here where there is a huge number of players to choose from.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2010, 14:18:05 PM »

Nobody has ever picked their friends for this event as far as I"m concerned.  And we"re particularly talking about the home countries here where there is a huge number of players to choose from.

I dont think I had said that any friends in past events had been picked, I was just making a comment having a rule that is not mandatory, could be ignored and friends picked instead.

Cheers
Carl.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 14:24:01 PM »
One other point I was going to add...

I know the team games for last season were at the end of the season, so if selection of a particular team was made partially based on season results, for that season, then, if this season"s team was selected based on last years results too, then we are surely just gonna have very similar teams as last years team games?

I realise that other coutries teams dont have that problem because they dont have so many players to choose from.

Cheers
Carl.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 14:25:09 PM »

I meant I thought it should be a factor that they should be taken into account, rather than it be a rule that they were a mandatory selection.

I thought the implication from what other people wrote was that the choice was either the ranking points should make automatic selections - or they should be ignored
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2010, 19:47:00 PM »

Des,

Why are the current champions Poland not defending their crown?

agree

surely Wales, with 2 lasts in 2 team championships, should be relegated to the Africa Euro Zone to make way for the champs

after speaking to the very successful welsh captain he has informed me that they came 7/8 last year ,but i would have no problems with the welsh team being relagated as they was all a bunch of fish
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 19:49:08 PM by bigalhx3 »

Dewi_cool

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 20:01:40 PM »

Des,

agree

surely Wales, with 2 lasts in 2 team championships, should be relegated to the Africa Euro Zone to make way for the champs

after speaking to the very successful welsh captain he has informed me that they came 7/8 last year ,but i would have no problems with the welsh team being relagated as they was all a bunch of fish

get you facts right before you post, getting the relevant information correct is very important when making a point, otherwise the point is not valid, as in this case.

Ex Captain Team 'Cymru'

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 20:22:00 PM »

Des,

agree

get you facts right before you post, getting the relevant information correct is very important when making a point, otherwise the point is not valid, as in this case.

What the 7/8 or the fact that your all a bunch of fish! ;)

European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Dewi_cool

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 20:38:55 PM »

Des,

agree

What the 7/8 or the fact that your all a bunch of fish! ;)

the 7/8 bit the fish part was correct ;D
Ex Captain Team 'Cymru'

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2010, 18:18:56 PM »

Am I right in thinking that myself and Don Roberts, being the top 2 English guys from the current Live rankings, are to be in the English team?

Not talking about Don here, but your post is a damning argument in favour of the captain to be able to pick four players irrespective of the live rankings.

;)
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer