Author Topic: S4 WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship 2010  (Read 51724 times)

Hammerite

• Gold Member
Re: WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship 2010
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2010, 22:57:17 PM »

Personally I"d love the England team to pick players who overplay their 34o out of position as I happen to see at the Vic...  :"(

I dont know if you were on the table or heard about this hand from someone. But the facts are I was on the big blind of 150 and there was a raise to 450 which was called and then the action was back to me. The pot is now 1125 and I decide to see a flop with my 43 suited clubs actually. Now you may think I have overplayed my hand and you are entitled to your opinion. If I miss the flop I have lost 300 chips and fold to the next bet. As it happens I hit two fours for a set and hit the flush draw on the turn. To be honest I think some people might think the pocket Kings were overplayed, by going all in on a paired board, surely your only getting called by someone with the set. I would never play 43 unless I had some chips invested in the hand and was getting decent value to make a call and see a flop. This hand gave me a great foundation early on in the tournament which helped me make it to an eventual 2nd place, therefore I have no regrets about risking 300 chips to win a pot of 20000 or so which is how it turned out. Now back to the thread, if rules are made at the start of a season then surely it"s not right to change them halfway through, having said that Apat is a democratic organisation and if enough people want change then I am sure their views will be taken on board. Everyone would be honoured to play for their country myself included. I do not put myself up as one of the top two english players but the four places have to be decided somehow. This has been stated as the way that the team is chosen and until a different method is put forward and adopted we are all bound by the current rules.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:34:45 PM by Hammerite »
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

Nicky Roeg

• www.nickyroeg.com
    • nicky roeg
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2010, 08:28:38 AM »
Team Holland will be present at this year championship.
Further details will follow in the next few weeks.

Hope to see you all end of august.

ForthThistle

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2010, 13:40:46 PM »
Any update on this..
Current Southern European Online Champion.
Past Winning Captain - Scotland

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2010, 06:38:49 AM »
Shogun and Del have applied for Canadian Citizenship. Get in.
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2010, 11:13:51 AM »

yes a decision was made and the welsh are a bunch of fish was the outcome

I am going to stick parts of my body into your beer before then sticking them into You. ::)

dont drink  ::)

Sorry Alan, i forget that You never have the odd tipple. My sincere apologies if i sound offensive in any way at all.
:o ;D :o
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »
Any updates yet please Leigh / Des / Rich ?
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2010, 17:04:17 PM »

Yes.  We have sorted out the couple of outstanding issues that needed addressing prior to an announcement being made, and if everything goes according to plan, then an announcement will be made this evening.  That"s assuming Des is able to make this announcement tonight.  If not, then it will be soon.

At least the venue and dates are fixed for this one.   ;D

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2010, 18:24:11 PM »

Yes.  We have sorted out the couple of outstanding issues that needed addressing prior to an announcement being made, and if everything goes according to plan, then an announcement will be made this evening.  That"s assuming Des is able to make this announcement tonight.  If not, then it will be soon.

At least the venue and dates are fixed for this one.   ;D

oh no!

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2010, 00:16:34 AM »
I"m delighted to announce that the following members will captain their country at the forthcoming World Amateur Team Championship at DTD.

Canada - Craig MacInnes

England - Brian Yates

France - Jean Michel Ballocchi

Germany - Stephan Kalhamer

Holland - Nicky Roeg

Italy - Fabio Ruini

Northern Ireland - Colin O"Prey

Poland - Marcin Rejmak

Republic of Ireland - Brendan Byrne

Scotland - Stuart Oliver

Wales - Paul McGuinness

We expect to announce further competing international teams shortly.

To clarify the policy on team selection for this event.  Captains will be able to select any eligible player to represent their country, including themselves if appropriate. 

We will be promoting this event to the entire APAT database in the week ahead.  Players who are interested in being considered for selection can notify the appropriate Captain by clicking the link above.

Dewi_cool

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2010, 01:12:32 AM »
Llongyfarchiadau Paul a phob lwc xx
Ex Captain Team 'Cymru'

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2010, 12:14:52 PM »
Best of luck Paul

Wales are due some luck in these
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2010, 12:42:23 PM »
Diolch yn fawr bachgen.

Congratulations to all the other Apat members who have the captaincy for their respective countries for this coming amateur world championships. I"m sure it is going to be another big hit. We"ll see you all at DTD in August, so best of luck to all, Apat F.T.W. :)

Cheers

Paul Mac
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2010, 13:31:33 PM »
Very disappointed to see that the previously stated rule regarding the top two from current rankings has been ignored in team selection.  :(          However I shall apply to the Captain and see how I get on.  Whoever gets picked best of luck to team England.
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2010, 14:09:36 PM »

Very disappointed to see that the previously stated rule regarding the top two from current rankings has been ignored in team selection.  :(          However I shall apply to the Captain and see how I get on.  Whoever gets picked best of luck to team England.

I have to agree with Don here.  Both of us were eligible for team selection right now, and a rule change has now removed that eligibility.  WELL DONE APAT for sucumbing to pressure and changing the rules..  I will NOT apply to Brian for a place, I will leave it to Brian to choose a team of his own, and if he would like to select me, thats fair enough..

I feel completely let down by APAT.  You do all the things required to get into the team only for it to be pulled from under you.  I wonder how Jack will also feel about this..!!
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2010, 14:15:12 PM »

I have to agree with Don here.  Both of us were eligible for team selection right now, and a rule change has now removed that eligibility.  WELL DONE APAT for sucumbing to pressure and changing the rules..  I will NOT apply to Brian for a place, I will leave it to Brian to choose a team of his own, and if he would like to select me, thats fair enough..

I feel completely let down by APAT.  You do all the things required to get into the team only for it to be pulled from under you.  I wonder how Jack will also feel about this..!!

IMO APAT didn"t "succumb to pressure", to change the rules.

They made what they thought was a sensible decision, people presented their evidence to suggest that it wasn"t as good as it seems (primarily because of the different circumstances in the timing of this year"s team championship compared to the previous season when this rule would have had much more validity) - and as a result of which APAT made an evidence based decision to change it.

If APAT steadfastly refused to consider any feedback into how it could improve the way in which any of the individual events (or the season"s as a whole) were run then it would stagnate and become more and more disconnected and irrelevant to it"s membership. It"s an extremely promising sign that if a decision is made that evidence suggests is "wrong", APAT will fix the mistake rather than ignore it.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341