Author Topic: S4 ENGLAND - WCOAP Team Championships  (Read 49654 times)

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
Re: ENGLAND - WCOAP Team Championships
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »
I would be picking my best team availbale regardless of if i know them or not, or if they have played before as the 4 picked to play for England should be the best four English apat players you have regardless of if they have made many apat this season. There are many good players to pick from and i could say 20 or 30 players that all have a good shout for why they should be in the team, but the pick comes down to the captain and good luck to you Brian.
But i would just say one thing i would not be picking players who have  sponsorship deals to play poker, as i think this would go against the apat spirit and would question there involvement in playing in any apat comps never mind the England team, hope they have informed apat of this said sponsorship deal.
last year England team had some lets just say 2 borderline selection in it in blatch and john miller, i have nothing against john but i believe he was pro at the time and blatch a pro gambler and pro grimmer, so i would hope we don"t go down the win at all cost as after all it did not work last year
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 14:10:55 PM by bigalhx3 »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »
I believe Brian"s "scouting" mission at the Sky Poker Tour yesterday was a huge success.

He came across lots of players who got it in bad and then won the hand, which is just the sort of players he is going to want for the team if England are to take this down.   ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2010, 10:14:11 AM »

But i would just say one thing i would not be picking players who have  sponsorship deals to play poker

After your Betfair sponsorship last night does this include you  ::)

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2010, 11:16:58 AM »

But i would just say one thing i would not be picking players who have  sponsorship deals to play poker

After your Betfair sponsorship last night does this include you  ::)

sadly i have already informed brian im not avaliable for selection as im away on holiday (with team betfair)

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 19:03:14 PM »
I wont be putting myself forward as I am confused about my nationality  ::)
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2010, 19:38:39 PM »

I wont be putting myself forward as I am confused about my sexuality  ::)

FYP  ;)

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2010, 20:27:13 PM »

I wont be putting myself forward as I am confused about my sexuality  ::)

FYP  ;)

your not plaing for Scotland Brian

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2010, 22:14:46 PM »
I would just like to say Thank-You to all of the players who have applied to play for England this year. I have first-hand experience of playing against most of you and the others I have been doing my research and found out all that I needed to know.
 Now then, to the team selection.

A bit like Fabio, Sven, Tom, Dick and Harry......whoever I select I am going to upset someone, somewhere, if not everyone, everywhere, so while I will announce the rest of the team on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week, tonight I am announcing my first selection.

Whether this selection will be the most controversial is open to opinion, but I sense it will certainly get the forum talking.

My first selection  for the APAT 2010 England team is............

BRIAN YATES {CAPTAIN}

I have thought long and hard about this, but at the moment I feel that I am in the form of my life, especially over the last few weeks. Choosing myself was not a decision I came to lightly and while I am sure there will be people out there that may believe that this is wrong, I would like to think that whoever was Captain would have been giving me serious consideration as a player.

I am current Online Rankings Champion, still current APAT Irish Champion, hold 3 Gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze APAT medals. Last season I was 4th in points scored overall at the European Championships and top scorer for England.
 My heads-up play of late has been outstanding and that has helped sway me in making this decision.

I hope that I do not upset too many people in making this choice but I actually feel that it is the right one for the team and ultimately, there is no "I" in team.

I will lead from the front and yes......the white jacket will be making an appearance too :)

OK guys......now you can begin the debate. I am off for a weekend in Benidorm and will catch up on my return on Monday when I will announce my 2nd choice for the team.

COME ON ENGLAND !!    

LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 11:58:29 AM »
Defo the right decision Brian, good luck, I know you will hope to go a few places better than last year.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »
Never really understood why the home nations should have a non-playing captain, when the "emerging" nations don"t.

Don"t think you need to qualify your selection in any way at all, and whoever was captain, you should be up there at the top of the selection list.

Same goes for Paul Mac in the Welsh team!  

England FTW

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 13:42:14 PM »

Never really understood why the home nations should have a non-playing captain, when the "emerging" nations don"t.

Don"t think you need to qualify your selection in any way at all, and whoever was captain, you should be up there at the top of the selection list.

England FTW

ditto,,,captains should play imo !!!

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 19:08:39 PM »
Excellent pick Mr Captain.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 19:15:15 PM »

England FTW

Call me pedantic ( and God knows I am ) but what countries do you include in this category Steve. I ask because the best definition I could find was....

"An emerging nation is country that is on its way to becoming an industrialized nation. An emerging nation is a developing country that has achieved some industrial capacity eg: Brazil and South Korea"
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

RiverAsUsual

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 19:44:34 PM »
Would have been on my teamsheet, so no reason why you shouldn"t be on your own IMO
2010 World Champion PotLimit Omaha Online - Gold Medal
2010 Irish PLO - Silver medal
2009 Team England - Bronze medal

plus some others

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2010, 19:51:27 PM »

England FTW

Call me pedantic ( and God knows I am ) but what countries do you include in this category Steve. I ask because the best definition I could find was....

"An emerging nation is country that is on its way to becoming an industrialized nation. An emerging nation is a developing country that has achieved some industrial capacity eg: Brazil and South Korea"

Scotland, obviously.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason