Author Topic: WCOAP: DTD - August: HU/6M Seats Wanted [CLOSED]  (Read 2906 times)

Yian

WCOAP: DTD - August: HU/6M Seats Wanted [CLOSED]
« on: August 11, 2010, 16:10:24 PM »
Hi, i know i"m asking for a bit much but does anyone have any idea how i can get seats to pretty much all the events? (except stud) Not played APAT before, didnt know you had to secure seats so many months in advance. Not much of a forum guy, and don"t know how to go about making deals for seats; and i don"t know any of you to make this easier, but if anyone thinks they can help, it would be much appreciated. Only ideas i"ve got if anyone was to make seats available to me, is by pokerstars cash transfer or possible cash in hand on the day (with possibly an extra cash tip incentive) Can someone either give me some closure and tell me to give up on getting a seat at this stage or help me with this. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:17:55 AM by Paulie_D »

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: WCOAP: DTD - August: Seats Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 16:21:32 PM »
I haven"t checked recently but there might still be seats available in the Betfair lobby.

That is your first option.

If you do not get any joy there, you can contact some of the people who have already indicated that they have seats available.

PM them (and keep doing so until you get a reply), don"t just post on their thread...it"s quicker and, hopefully, you can some to some agreement on payment but please review the Seat Exchange Guidelines first.

Please note that no "tips" or extra payments are allowed....PokerStars or Paypal transfer is very popular.

Other than that, please post your specific requirements here..Event/Day etc rather than just posting a generic "any seat" request. I"m happy to update the title of posts (as I have done here) to ensure that anyone looking over the board can see what you want.

GL Paulie.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 16:24:06 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Yian

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 00:30:47 AM »
Thanks for your reply Paulie. It appears that something new has appeared on betfair today; it says it is a holding tank, will i be able to deposit and register in this? it also mentions a password, should i need this, where do i find it. Don"t really want to deposit and try as i dont play on betfair, so i thought i"d ask you first. Cheers.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 05:44:50 AM »

Thanks for your reply Paulie. It appears that something new has appeared on betfair today; it says it is a holding tank, will i be able to deposit and register in this? it also mentions a password, should i need this, where do i find it. Don"t really want to deposit and try as i dont play on betfair, so i thought i"d ask you first. Cheers.

That is precisely the way that seats are normally purchased. If you want to play this or future APAT events you will have to use this method.

It"s not necessary to play on Betfair (mostly I don"t myself) but that is the system. Just deposit when you need to. Just make sure that you are aware that the advertised £ cost is sometimes slightly different to what you might expect in $ due to Betfair"s conversion rate. All of their entry costs are priced in $ but ALL money (regardless of the actual £ value) goes to the prize pool.

The usual password is APATMEMBER.

If you get what you need there, please post here and I can close this thread.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 13:11:01 PM »

Yian

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 16:28:31 PM »
Sorry for the delay Paulie, i have just successfully managed to register into the ME "day a" through betfair. However the other events i had interest in had already reached their max. Ideally i want a HU seat also, and either a 6-max or omaha seat depending on which one doesnt conflict with the main event. I understand there is someone selling a HU and stud seat together; is this my best way of getting a HU seat and then i could offload the stud seat elsewhere...what do you think i should do? Thank you for your continuing help.

Yian.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 17:06:05 PM »

Sorry for the delay Paulie, i have just successfully managed to register into the ME "day a" through betfair. However the other events i had interest in had already reached their max. Ideally i want a HU seat also, and either a 6-max or omaha seat depending on which one doesnt conflict with the main event. I understand there is someone selling a HU and stud seat together; is this my best way of getting a HU seat and then i could offload the stud seat elsewhere...what do you think i should do? Thank you for your continuing help.

Yian.

Yian.

Firstly, the Omaha conflicts with ME Day 1a so that is out.

The 6-Max is on Sunday and there is already a seat available on the Seat Exchange (all available seats are pinned at the top). Post on that thread AND PM the seller as well.

Be proactive, don"t just wait for a reply for days at a time. If you don"t receive a reply after, say 8 hours, PM again.

The HU is on the Thursday and while you could buy the HU/Stud combo, I can"t advise you specifically what you should do...any purchasing decisions are yours and at your own risk.

Please be aware that it would appear that the Stud is a low interest game and you may not be able to sell it. It"s entirely up to you.

Yian

Re: WCOAP: DTD - August: HU/6M Seats Wanted
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 00:11:30 AM »
Thanks again for your help with this Paulie, i think i got the hang of it now. This thread can be closed however you do that. GL.

Yian.