Author Topic: Hand from DTD GP  (Read 6579 times)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
Re: Hand from DTD GP
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 01:02:53 AM »

Easy fold.  Piece of piss fold actually.  It"s like so easy my Nan could have found a fold here and she"s the most aggressive person I know cause she only eats bacon and whiskey.

Everyone slagged you off when you left as a matter of fact, they said it was the worst call they"d ever seen.  The chap in the six seat actually had to back swallow some sick he was so appalled and one of the valets delivering a can of Redbull and a ham sandwich remarked on how shocking the bald fella played that hand.

PMSL  :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:04:35 AM by AJDUK »
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 01:05:14 AM »

PMSL  :D

lol - If there"s one thing I hate, it"s p1ss-taking Mexicans!

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 01:23:13 AM »

I remember this hand, sort of. I was there anyway, think I had just arrived, but I was thinking about biscuits at that time and lost my concentration.  Was I the small blind in this hand?  I think it was me. I think I didn"t get out of line because you"d limped UTG and because I was craving a ginger nut biscuit and a cup of tea.

Think the mistake was not betting the turn as you"re up against the blinds and we could have anything like.  When you"re up against two blind hands against players you don"t know much about, you"re better off protecting your hand no?  I mean it"s difficult to try and eek out value when you don"t know what you"re up against.  Also as you say it"s a polarising bet...it"s not often a guy new to a table would decide to bluff in a spot like this the first hand he"s played at a new table.

Plus he probably knew you had played for your country and would be unlikely to have had the huevo"s to try and bluff such an internationally respected poker personality.  Easy fold.  Piece of piss fold actually.  It"s like so easy my Nan could have found a fold here and she"s the most aggressive person I know cause she only eats bacon and whiskey.

Everyone slagged you off when you left as a matter of fact, they said it was the worst call they"d ever seen.  The chap in the six seat actually had to back swallow some sick he was so appalled and one of the valets delivering a can of Redbull and a ham sandwich remarked on how shocking the bald fella played that hand.

Having said all that.....hmmmm bourbon creams

Possibily the funniest post I"ve read on here. Ever. Still giggling :)
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 10:30:22 AM »

I remember this hand, sort of. I was there anyway, think I had just arrived, but I was thinking about biscuits at that time and lost my concentration.  Was I the small blind in this hand?  I think it was me. I think I didn"t get out of line because you"d limped UTG and because I was craving a ginger nut biscuit and a cup of tea.

Think the mistake was not betting the turn as you"re up against the blinds and we could have anything like.  When you"re up against two blind hands against players you don"t know much about, you"re better off protecting your hand no?  I mean it"s difficult to try and eek out value when you don"t know what you"re up against.  Also as you say it"s a polarising bet...it"s not often a guy new to a table would decide to bluff in a spot like this the first hand he"s played at a new table.

Plus he probably knew you had played for your country and would be unlikely to have had the huevo"s to try and bluff such an internationally respected poker personality.  Easy fold.  Piece of piss fold actually.  It"s like so easy my Nan could have found a fold here and she"s the most aggressive person I know cause she only eats bacon and whiskey.

Having said all that.....hmmmm bourbon creams

Possibily the funniest post I"ve read on here. Ever. Still giggling :)

And underneath all the humour - it"s right too! I"m a big fan of the hero call (I have a massive leak) and would probably have made it here too - and then posted the hand and hoped for some sympathy/advice
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

RubyMurray

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 01:46:10 AM »
I was at  DTD but this post was worth my entrance. Brilliant.