Author Topic: APAT PLAYER IN POKER MILLION FINAL !!  (Read 30041 times)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
Re: APAT PLAYER IN POKER MILLION FINAL !!
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2010, 20:11:04 PM »

as has been said here already, its not the matter at hand. Shipping the Poker Million is, and good luck to him.

Damn right!

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2010, 20:16:38 PM »

It"s not the matter at hand. Shipping the Poker Million is, and good luck to him.

+1
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2010, 21:27:42 PM »
GL to Gary, he was on one of my tables at Coventry, checking his phone for the WBA score. Hope he runs well and gives a good account of himself  8)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2010, 21:36:32 PM »

Matt - nobody"s having a dig... George asked a perfectly standard question about his "pro" status, given that APAT have a rule that "pros" (those who make their sole income from poker) aren"t eligible to play the £75 events....

Personally I don"t really care either way - but it is a fair question.

GL Gary - really hope you take it down mate.
wat ever way i see it they was starting again like it always dose on here and cause some1 plays online small stakes and dont work that makes u a pro lol lol lol lol jokers

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2010, 21:57:51 PM »

gary is a pro like the rest of us not lets all just wish him luck instead of being patetic (spelling brummie) lol so playing s&g online small stakes and a few mtt makes u a pro what dose playing £300 mtt at dtd make u when apat have a £250 pro one why dont them pls play the apat pro plus didnt apat wont pros in that why they have £250 mtt now why do some apat members use this forum just to moan in stead of helping pls like it should be so to my mate gaz smash them donks friday show them us brummie lads are having it and up the baggies do the ville satday woop woop

Erm...once again...but in English please.  ;D
lol english crap cant u tell lol but just because some1 dont work and plays a bit of poker dose make u a pro

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2010, 22:09:09 PM »

lol english crap cant u tell lol but just because some1 dont work and plays a bit of poker dose make u a pro
[/quote]

If I understand you right (and I"m by no means certain that I do)..then not having a job and having no other source of income other than poker DOES make someone a Pro.

They might not be making a lot but that"s the definition .
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2010, 22:15:07 PM »

If I understand you right (and I"m by no means certain that I do)..then not having a job and having no other source of income other than poker DOES make someone a Pro.

They might not be making a lot but that"s the definition .
[/quote]OK HOUSE HUSBAND MAKES U A PRO NOW BEST EVERY1 THAT IS BOTHER TO THINK WAT THEY LIKE THEN IF THAT MAKES HIM A PRO HE IS A PRO

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2010, 22:18:14 PM »
Who you"re playing against, at what stakes and how much you win are all irrelevant as to whether for APAT purposes a player is a pro or not.

And if we have any issues, we privately discuss these with the players in question for any future events.

In this case, Gary is not playing in an APAT event, so this discussion is just hijacking a positive thread about an APAT player about to have an incredible poker experience, steamroll some of the best players in the world and scoop a lot of money.

Let"s keep it on track, and Good Luck Gary.  GET IT WON !!!!!!!

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2010, 22:25:01 PM »

Who you"re playing against, at what stakes and how much you win are all irrelevant as to whether for APAT purposes a player is a pro or not.

And if we have any issues, we privately discuss these with the players in question for any future events.

In this case, Gary is not playing in an APAT event, so this discussion is just hijacking a positive thread about an APAT player about to have an incredible poker experience, steamroll some of the best players in the world and scoop a lot of money.

well said that man +1

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2010, 22:51:13 PM »

If he"s an online pro how come he plays APAT?

So this discussion is just hijacking a positive thread about an APAT player

The not believing Gary was 39 was an exellent attempt Leigh,but sometimes it"s just best to cut to the chase  ;)

Very best of luck Gaz,TID mate.

"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2010, 23:40:54 PM »
Gl Gary
I"ll be watching this from about 11, so dont bust out before then.

LOLz at the over reaction to George"s question / comment

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2010, 02:08:28 AM »

GL to Gary, he was on one of my tables at Coventry, checking his phone for the WBA score. Hope he runs well and gives a good account of himself  8)

He was the guy who had Kings cracked twice? Didn"t realise it was him!
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2010, 02:30:51 AM »

Maybe he could replace that well-known APAT member Liv Borree who has her picture on the banner for the Poker Forum, yet I believe hasn"t played since Season One ??

One question. Does he look better than Liv?

I"m guessing the answer is no!  :)

baldaceguy

• Bronze Member
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2010, 08:24:10 AM »
This discussion about what makes a pro is always open to various interpretations.A good example is Tony Bloom an extremely good player who scares a lot of the big names but makes his money from sports betting and other interests but has also won some large tournements and had big cash game scores.He insists he only plays poker for fun so is an amateur by definition yet some may dispute it.I am just saying its hard to have an absolute ruling sometimes.So come on Gary TID.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2010, 09:17:56 AM »

Gary is a mate and he plays APAT. He is also a Baggie and for those reasons alone he gets my support.
If anyone thinks he is a Pro compared to Hansen, Antonius, et al, then they are wrong.
He is a down to earth guy who loves the game and although I haven"t known him long, I have never heard him say a bad word against anyone.
 If he wins this it would be amazing and I am sure that APAT would want to promote the fact that he plays under "Our" banner.
 Maybe he could replace that well-known APAT member Liv Borree who has her picture on the banner for the Poker Forum, yet I believe hasn"t played since Season One ??

GL Gazza......BCPC are behind you.

And so is the whole of APAT, run like God and TID !!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013