Author Topic: Sunday 19th December, League match 8.00pm  (Read 7127 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Sunday 19th December, League match 8.00pm
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 22:34:07 PM »

OUT.... poor call with  ac 9c. Had it in my head that it was a poor kicker and got beat by  ad 5h with a   5d on the flop. Really my only mistake all game....

Should pay attention to my notes at the bottom of the post...

Was unlucky Bill - very unlucky

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 23:46:10 PM »
out 11th - AA v KK - obv K on the turn, Carl finished 9th.

Thanks for playing guys

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 17:45:28 PM »
Ok soap box at the ready, although we are obviously safe in division 1 and that is great, we are not getting enough players it's as simple as that. I have no real ideas how to improve this but if we could all go on a wee recruitment drive and target 5/6 mates and get them interested it will go a long way. More players removes some of the variance and Luton & Notts who have gained promotion for next season are getting 15-18 players per match. The balance of this division for next year will be made up of very very good poker players and if we are to contest for the not inconsiderable prize we must flood the tables.

A huge thanks to a core of players who braved this competition week in week out, we are in 3rd because of you. The breakdown of the rankings going into the final game has the following in the top 20.

Walsall 6 players
Solent 3 players
Liverpool 3 players
Cardiff 2 players
Stockton 2 players
Edinburgh 2 players
Bristol 1 player
Birmingham 1 player

The standard in this division is immense and will only increase next season. Let's have a blast in the last game of the season, stay in 3rd and go on a massive recruitment drive, and also persuade the people who have played at one time or another to turn up again (we had 30 people registered for Liverpool in season 1)

Ger