Author Topic: professional player wins AMATEUR poker association & tour (apat) team event  (Read 26338 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

What do you think of this play then, worthy of a pro? With about 25 left he raises with AJ, gets re raised by the CL, and pushes for his tournament life. CL shows pocket tens, and Niall ( i think thats his name) binks an ace. A lot of chat on the rails about this play, would you push for your life with AJ?

Ask Stuart  :D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Dam, beat me to it

jaysdad

• Bronze Member

What counts for nothing. I organise apat"s live events and this was an open event. All players eligible. Jaysdad this is now the fourth time on this thread you have been told this

Obviously my opinion counts for nothing all i did was express that i was angry about a "pro" winning what i think should be an Amateur event. im probably not the only one to think like this. but if nobody else posts that they agree with me then i guess im wrong and your all right. thinking im probably not gonna get picked for a team next year (hopefuly i will be a pro by then and "not" be eligble  ;D)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru

What counts for nothing. I organise apat"s live events.

Blatant brag post....maybe I"ll ban him.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru

im probably not gonna get picked for a team next year (hopefuly i will be a pro by then and "not" be eligble  ;D)

You haven"t grasped it yet have you...at the team event..pro"s can get picked.

Sigh

jaysdad

• Bronze Member

and it was done very very well and i commend you guys for this and next time i see tony kendal at Luton i will tell him so. maybe i could even get you all a pay rise.

jaysdad

• Bronze Member

im probably not gonna get picked for a team next year (hopefuly i will be a pro by then and "not" be eligble  ;D)

You haven"t grasped it yet have you...at the team event..pro"s can get picked.

Sigh

yeah i get it the smiley face was ment to give it away that im joking also im not good enough to be a pro and probably never will be!

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member

What counts for nothing. I organise apat"s live events and this was an open event. All players eligible. Jaysdad this is now the fourth time on this thread you have been told this

Obviously my opinion counts for nothing all i did was express that i was angry about a "pro" winning what i think should be an Amateur event. im probably not the only one to think like this. but if nobody else posts that they agree with me then i guess im wrong and your all right. thinking im probably not gonna get picked for a team next year (hopefuly i will be a pro by then and "not" be eligble  ;D)

Everybody"s opinion counts, but I can"t really see why you"re angry. It was a team event with a small buy in and not exactly fortunes to be won, I think most of us played for the challenge and the fun of the event rather than anything else, and thats my opinion. ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru

and it was done very very well and i commend you guys for this and next time i see tony kendal at Luton i will tell him so. maybe i could even get you all a pay rise.

Name dropper.

My mate Phil Helmuth can take Tikay any day.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member

Everybody"s opinion counts, but I can"t really see why you"re angry. It was a team event with a small buy in and not exactly fortunes to be won, I think most of us played for the challenge and the fun of the event rather than anything else, and thats my opinion. ;)

Niall played for the alcohol

There were 3 professionals in the original team that I picked for Black Belt, one decided he was going to play the GUKPT instead, one got picked by Neil Channing from the grading to play for Black Belt at the Aussie Millions (Sam Ravazi who finished 6th) - Niall was the only I got to keep and that was after he told me that he"d play the APAT event instead of the GUKPT if I could be guarantee there"d be plenty of opportunity for drinking. With the players and teams we have, that was a pretty easy promise to make. :D

-----

What were the chip stacks for the AJ hand?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
The OP had a perfectly valid question to ask, which has been answered.

Let"s not get into any sort of slanging match here.

And if you must start a slanging match, I don"t want to see any professional slangers posting.   ;)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru

And if you must start a slanging match, I don"t want to see any professional slangers posting.   ;)

Erm...I hope you don"t mean me?

...but then I"ve been drinking out of the trophy!

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member

Niall played for the alcohol

There were 3 professionals in the original team that I picked for Black Belt, one decided he was going to play the GUKPT instead, one got picked by Neil Channing from the grading to play for Black Belt at the Aussie Millions (Sam Ravazi who finished 6th) - Niall was the only I got to keep and that was after he told me that he"d play the APAT event instead of the GUKPT if I could be guarantee there"d be plenty of opportunity for drinking. With the players and teams we have, that was a pretty easy promise to make. :D

-----

What were the chip stacks for the AJ hand?

I think CL had about 220K and Niall had 120k ish, blinds maybe 3/6k but don"t quote me.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

The OP had a perfectly valid question to ask, which has been answered.

Let"s not get into any sort of slanging match here.

From urban dictionary:

Slanger: A slanger is a cominbined noun, slut + banger, referring to one who bangs sluts, like Lou Ferigno.

I think we need an APAT definition of a professional slanger  :o

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva

What do you think of this play then, worthy of a pro? With about 25 left he raises with AJ, gets re raised by the CL, and pushes for his tournament life. CL shows pocket tens, and Niall ( i think thats his name) binks an ace. A lot of chat on the rails about this play, would you push for your life with AJ?

Ha yes, have done many times :D  AJ monster.