Author Topic: Another Ruling Issue  (Read 3525 times)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Another Ruling Issue
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:55:21 AM »
Just top say I don"t know the correct ruling here, but it created ructions on the cash tables!!!
So it was a pretty wild 25p/25p table (lol) with a few APATers and a number of younger locals, standard opening raise was £1.50 and that usually attracted 5 callers! Any way after about an hour and a half of playing a version of poker roulette, the following happened.
Maximum buy in at the table is £30, and by now there are one or two stacks of £60/70 quid on the table. Now Mat or Mal ( I think) from the BCPC was sat to my right, and finally got a hand ( Q Q ) and raised pre to about £3, and unsurprisingly got one call, before one of the young locals declared all in and pushed about £20 into the middle, as Mal was debating the call, the young lad then reterieved another £30/40 worth of chips from his pocket and pushed "em in !
These chips had actually been won in the game, but he had removed them from the table, because he thought he couldn"t have more then £30 ! So we know he shouldn"t have removed them from the table, but then when he pushes all in should the extra chips be part of that push?
Mal was going to call the £20 but didn"t want to risk £60, the TD was called who said after much heated debate that the push should include all the chips, queue Mal to kick off big style, and chuck his cards across the table and storm off. ( not that I blame him one bit!)
But does anyone know how that should have been resolved?
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: Another Ruling Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:06:23 AM »
He is not allowed to take chips off the table.  Full stack has to play I guess but its a pretty rare occasion.  Plaer shud get a warning for going south.  fwiw I snap call with QQ regardless.  I also do not sit in this game as its pretty much impossible to beat.  10% rake up to £5 and very shallow stacks in general is not a good mix.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »
Whatever the correct ruling, the young troglodyte with the chips in his pocket was way out of line. When he stood up, balled his fists and bared his teeth I thought Mal might throw more than just his cards across the table.
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:11:34 PM »
No way should the extra chips go in. Firstly, he shouldn"t take chips off the table. How can he prove they were won in the game he"s currently playing? If he"s claiming he didn"t realise you could have more than £30 at the table then how come first of all there are players clearly sitting there with more than £30 and if you"re not allowed to sit with more than £30 how can you bet more than that?

What"s to stop someone sitting there with one chip in front of them and pockets full of chips? Absolute BS and the TD got it horribly wrong imo.

1TRW1

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 12:26:07 PM »
Agreed
HTID
Science is ALWAYS beautiful

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »

No way should the extra chips go in.

Absolute BS and the TD got it horribly wrong imo.

I"d have to agree.

There are two issues here. "Table Stakes" and "Going South"

"GOING SOUTH"

The purpose behind the going south rule is to avoid players taking money off the table in order that it can"t be won back. If he does it then he gets a warning and is made to put the money back on the table...or leave.

HOWEVER, he can"t have it both ways...once the money is off the table...it"s out of play...which leads me to..

"TABLE STAKES"

You can"t play what isn"t on the table...regardless of why it"s not there....which I"ve covered already

TD was wrong and the £20 bet should have stood as an "ALL IN". Run the cards.

If I"m the room manager/floor, then I"m kicking matey-boy out for the night and making a note.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

firaldo87

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 13:00:17 PM »
Sounds like an absurdly awful ruling.

I would have laughed and then went to the bar.

Delboy

• Silver Member
  • Its not about the Poker
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 18:48:57 PM »

No way should the extra chips go in.

Absolute BS and the TD got it horribly wrong imo.

I"d have to agree.

There are two issues here. "Table Stakes" and "Going South"

"GOING SOUTH"

The purpose behind the going south rule is to avoid players taking money off the table in order that it can"t be won back. If he does it then he gets a warning and is made to put the money back on the table...or leave.

HOWEVER, he can"t have it both ways...once the money is off the table...it"s out of play...which leads me to..

"TABLE STAKES"

You can"t play what isn"t on the table...regardless of why it"s not there....which I"ve covered already

TD was wrong and the £20 bet should have stood as an "ALL IN". Run the cards.

If I"m the room manager/floor, then I"m kicking matey-boy out for the night and making a note.

Very much this.. but without the kicking out. The 25/25 tables are intended as learning tables. on the other tables, kick him where you like.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 22:48:44 PM »
really bad decision by the TD, i was actually on the rail watching all this happen. Goes to show just how good DTD is, because that would never happen there.

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 00:46:09 AM »
Run it for the score then kick the pocket douche out the game.