Author Topic: S5 APAT English Online Championship 2011  (Read 70121 times)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: S5 APAT English Online Championship 2011
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2011, 06:07:14 AM »

Ugh.  Abso gutted for ya Steve.  Know how you feel because it happened to me a few weeks back playing a random tourney. 

However, random tourney is one thing...it should NEVER have happened in an APAT event imo.  Very poor form by the "winner".

+1
Mary Kivlin

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2011, 06:46:13 AM »
Yes its unfortunate, but I"d have done exactly the same thing and would have no hesitation in doing so if the same situation arises in a future competition.
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2011, 07:30:02 AM »
I would like to think the APAT ethos would have kicked in, but that"s just me, wait a minute it"s more than just me, it would seem a lot more individuals would have sat back.

Did the software give any opportunity for Steve to reconnect BTW?

Ian
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2011, 09:34:37 AM »
cracking turn out last and a very good game enjoyed it alot.........loved watching the 2 final tables geting down till the last 9 very enjoyable to watch ..........but i dident like DONKEY no need for that abuse on a player when there in a tourney i dont like it no need for it was NOT very APAT he must have alot 2 learn about APAT ....i think i got a lot of respect from the tables i was on especily from soho could not get him in a hand .............anyway good luk 2 the winner and VERY unlcuky  steve to loose the way you did very unlucky my friend..........the omaha 1st last year 4th this year verygood wee man 2nd the NI capitano col opray nice result col well done well done to the winner..........my FIRST APAT cash now MAYBE ill make a day 2 event you never no .....ill have to start praying  hehe

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2011, 10:03:26 AM »
Well Done APAT and 888.com for a great tournament structure seems good and plenty of play, same for the side event.

Not 100% sure where I stand on the disconnection issue but a sick way to lose, I would be gutted. Well done to all the finalists though.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2011, 10:08:47 AM »
Well played to all,,,very unlucky steve,you must be very disappointed to lose coz of disco,think i saw you down to 4k at one point so great effort.
 With regard to apat ethos,i thought again, there was some un apat-like chat by some last night,Think the change to 888 has brought some new members,which is great.Lets have the password back so new members have to come to the forum to reg with apat and hopefully read the comments and then pick up on the spirit of apat.

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2011, 10:12:20 AM »
wp all last night and ul steve sounds like you did not have the best of night and did well under the circumstance but frustrating for you all the same. i think it sounds like the player heads up did what everyone does when someone gets disconected raises and takes the blinds and as for people saying , in a random tourney is one thing...it should NEVER have happened in an APAT, well  have you ever thought that last night comp might have been a random tourney to the play playing steve heads up.
I lost count last night how many times i was sitting out because i keep getting timed out and others where as well now when this happend did everyone sit out or let the time run down as you would think they would in the APAT spirit, no they just pressed the raise button and moved on to the next hand

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2011, 10:19:57 AM »

I lost count last night how many times i was sitting out because i keep getting timed out and others where as well now when this happend did everyone sit out or let the time run down as you would think they would in the APAT spirit, no they just pressed the raise button and moved on to the next hand

very different situation to be short handed at the business end of the tournament though.

The way I see it is this.  Why would someone want to win an APAT tournament in this manner?  Winning an APAT title should be a moment of pride. Where"s the pride when half the forum are questioning your scruples?  I"d rather win (and he still could have won),or lose, with dignity than take a hollow and guilt-tinged victory that cost me the respect of my peers.  Maybe those things don"t matter to some people though.  If not, fair enough I guess and well done.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2011, 10:24:11 AM »
Firstly, vul steve and a terrible way to finish 2nd

Secondly, lets not be too harsh on the winner and his supposed lack of morals.

If he was an 888 reg who had never played APAT events before, he may not understand the prestige associated with such events.

There is no emotional attachment to Online poker and with such a difference in first and second prizes, there should be no obligation to "do the right thing" when a player gets disconnected.

FWIW, I"d have sat out in this spot (for as long as it would take), but then Steve is a mate and I"ve played APAT events before, so know a lot of the players and understand the ethos that goes with these games and know that most members would do the same thing. If it was some random event, then I"d have probably given the guy 5-10 mins depending on the structure then raised for England.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:26:17 AM by Swinebag22 »
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #264 on: March 20, 2011, 10:32:32 AM »

very different situation to be short handed at the business end of the tournament though.

The way I see it is this.  Why would someone want to win an APAT tournament in this manner?  Winning an APAT title should be a moment of pride. Where"s the pride when half the forum are questioning your scruples?  I"d rather win (and he still could have won),or lose, with dignity than take a hollow and guilt-tinged victory that cost me the respect of my peers.  Maybe those things don"t matter to some people though.  If not, fair enough I guess and well done.

see i dont see it as a different situation at all there is either a apat spirit or there is not do we have different apat spirit at the start middle and end off tournament because as iv said the person playing steve might not give a dam about  apat or the medals or the points and just wants the cash and do what everyone would do in some random comp raise and TID

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: March 20, 2011, 10:32:41 AM »
Congratulation to the Top Finishers, especially the new champ "ozfest".

Really unlucky for his runner up and his disadvantage with disconnection. It"s always tragically when the technic become a 2nd opposition.
Follow my Poker Twitter @CINK1D
Follow my Horseracing Twitter @AG_CGN
Ex Team Lucky Squad
Captain Ex-Regional Team Europe
Member Ex-Regional Team East of England
Member Ex-Luton Poker Club

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #266 on: March 20, 2011, 10:33:25 AM »

[/quote]
see i dont see it as a different situation at all there is either a apat spirit or there is not do we have different apat spirit at the start middle and end off tournament because as iv said the person playing steve might not give a dam about  apat or the medals or the points and just wants the cash and do what everyone would do in some random comp raise and TID
[/quote]

losing one bb per orbit 9 handed when the blinds are low is not the same imo as taking someone"s blinds HU when playing for the title.

as i said though, up to the individual and I"m sure he"d have been fully aware of the stick he might get afterwards, but it wouldn"t sit comfortably with me.  

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #267 on: March 20, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ozfest has been a member for 2 years at least iirc, hope he comes on and posts. Would be pretty com if he said Steve gave him some slaver at a live event so he was sticking it in his eye  ;)

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2011, 10:39:57 AM »

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2011, 10:50:10 AM »
just woke up now and agree with all . but better to move on now congrats to all who did well last night especially matt for winning omaha made up for you big man !!
As for my madness of last night cest la vie on the bright side though i now have completed my full set of large medals cos i was only missing a silver for them lol
Cant wait for coventry , are we getting presented medals there leigh / des??