Author Topic: West midlands super team ?  (Read 22129 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: West midlands super team ?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 19:36:20 PM »

Congratulations to West Midlands on winning Season 5 league, and the foreseeable future leagues.

It was a miracle for Solent to run Walsall so close last time, but I can"t see it happening again, now that the dominant team in the league has been reinforced further. Not a very good decision.

Perhaps some of the other captains would be interested in clubbing together for a prize of some sort so our players have something to play for?

A bit harsh on reflection. I was rushing to get away from work (dont like posting in my own time) and didnt preview and edit like I usually would, so it came out a bit strong. I dont like the amalgamation, cos Walsall was already the strongest team, but I do see the reasons for it as well as those against.

I certainly never thought (nor suggested) this:

And if anyone thinks it was made to help Brian and his team win the league again, you clearly do not know me very well at all.

Anyway, good luck to the new team, but we will be trying our darnedest once again to make sure we win the thing this time.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 14:39:12 PM »

Scoring system will be updated this year, and this should help the issue over volume teams having a perceived advantage.

I have revamped the scoring system this season, to try and improve the balance a bit, and negate the volume issue that so many people have concerns over.

This will be announced sometime over the weekend.

Will be interested to see how you do this Leigh. I can only see either a limit on the number in a team or some sort of ratio of points to players entered as being the only way the competition can approach a fair league.

To be perfectly honest I could not give a flying shyte if any team has loads of players.

I like your carefree attitude, but I don"t share it with a poker league. Clearly loads of others don"t too.

Most of the clubs have a pretty decent catchment area of their own now to recruit new players and introduce people to APAT games.

I like the philosophy of this, but if the tournament isn"t seen as fair then you will lose just as many from from the smaller (weaker) teams from not entering/continuing to play than you do by encouraging more to sign up with the larger (successful) teams.

I will hope to play this year, but will need to wait to see the league scoring details before deciding who to transfer my allegiance to this year.
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 14:44:17 PM »
I will hope to play this year, but will need to wait to see the league scoring details before deciding who to transfer my allegiance to this year.
[/quote]

Mr Seal - I hope you can come and play for your "local" team - Team Carlisle (or Team Cumbria as I am preferring to call ourselves).

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 07:49:29 AM »
There are currently 4 players signed up for Belfast.  Can we request a merge?
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 08:24:58 AM »
Can"t wait for this to start.

My view on the percieved favs for this season -

West Midlands - Numbers and Class acts
Solent - Good Capt, and solid players
Nottingham - Solid and a very active capt and as such number reaching epic Luton numbers
Sunderland - Good numbers, Excellent players - Grt banter.
Luton - Over-zealous capt, Simply playing a numbers game and only won promo twice because we have 100"s and nothing to do with our class players. Obv.  ;D ;)

:D
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 10:31:25 AM »

Nottingham - Solid and a very active capt and as such number reaching epic Luton numbers
Luton - Over-zealous capt, Simply playing a numbers game and only won promo twice because we have 100"s and nothing to do with our class players. Obv.  ;D ;)

where is the mention of liverpool ! We the only team ever to top walsal in the league!
And will think will be the only team with a chance of doing it again !

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 12:10:31 PM »

where is the mention of liverpool ! We the only team ever to top walsal in the league!
yous have forgot about we NI team

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 12:17:07 PM »
Did this new scoring system get announce at the weekend as promissed?  I honestly cant bring myself to rummage around such a messy forum structure..!!
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »
It can be found in a sticky at the top of the appropriate section.  Nice n easy to find, but just incase....

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8259.0

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2011, 13:58:22 PM »
I could but it all seems to have blown over now....at least I hope so.

Peace All.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 14:03:32 PM »

::)  - opened myself up for that didn"t I!

I did say percieved, and it is all up for grabs -(just typing that still sends shivers)

Look forward to challenging everyone.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 15:19:03 PM »
Well we all knew that there would be some opposition to this merger !

It was actually brought about when Ant Williams declined to Captain Birmingham this season as he felt he had taken it as far as he could and could not get any more players regularly involved.
 Some players suggested Walsall merge with Birmingham....my reply was that Walsall didn"t need to merge with anyone as we are 2-time Champions, but if Birmingham wanted to play for us then of course, they would be welcome.
 Most of us play at the BCPC anyway and following a few texts / phone-calls, Leigh and the APAT heirarchy decided a West Midlands team was the way to go, so we are happy with that.
 Looking forward to the start of the season and good luck to all. We are rightly the team to beat solely on past results (1st, 2nd, 1st) but believe me, we will not underestimate any of the opposition.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2011, 16:02:52 PM »
I WILL AND DO MMMMMMMMMMMMM NICE
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 16:31:28 PM »
Pleeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeee

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 16:39:32 PM »