Author Topic: Ireland Merged Teams?  (Read 14858 times)

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
Re: Ireland Merged Teams?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2011, 15:05:55 PM »

Early stages, but I would have to agree it"s appearing to be a bit more balanced than some had thought.

Team                                     Players
Carlisle 11
Dublin 6
Dundee 4
Glasgow 14
Kent 15
Leeds 20
London 13
Manchester 2
Newcastle 5
Plymouth 3
Sheffield 5
Swansea 8

Balanced ?
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2011, 15:15:04 PM »
Leeds had 12/71 in week 1 and 14/69 in week 2.

I think these stats are more relevant, not sure if you can get them for the other teams though.

Will be interested to see how it all works out.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 15:19:50 PM »
Dublin had 6/71 week 1 and 5/69 week 2.  Only for us being wee terriers (and possibly getting hit in the face by the deck  :D ) we were deffo outnumbered by a country mile.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 15:21:05 PM »

Dublin had 6/71 week 1 and 5/69 week 2.  Only for us being wee terriers (and possibly getting hit in the face by the deck  :D ) we were deffo outnumbered by a country mile.

Dublin ran good and played well Dawn - really enjoyed railing the FT.

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 15:21:16 PM »

Leeds had 12/71 in week 1 and 14/69 in week 2.

I think these stats are more relevant, not sure if you can get them for the other teams though.

Will be interested to see how it all works out.

7 for in us both weeks Stuart , but suppose its only relevent if they score points we had 2 point scorers first week and 1 second
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 15:23:52 PM »

Agree with Staurt , Dawn great work both weeks ,
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 15:55:55 PM »
Sorry, I should have clarified my use of the word "balanced".

I meant that the scoring system appears to be helping to balance out the perceived advantage that teams with larger numbers have.

There"s no disputing that some teams have signed up more players than others.  With 70 playing each week in Div 2, then an average number of players for each team should be around 6-7.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 16:13:48 PM »

I meant that the scoring system appears to be helping to balance out the perceived advantage that teams with larger numbers have.

There"s no disputing that some teams have signed up more players than others.  With 70 playing each week in Div 2, then an average number of players for each team should be around 6-7.

usually when someone tells me 6-7 is "average" I don"t feel pleased, but in this case I do.  ;D

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 16:43:00 PM »

usually when someone tells me 6-7 is "average" I don"t feel pleased, but in this case I do.  ;D

For the purpose of the Balance argument, do you guys really believe that the average number of players is relevent ?

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."