Author Topic: Ireland Merged Teams?  (Read 14888 times)

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
Re: Ireland Merged Teams?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 09:50:44 AM »
Belfast are currently building a team for this league. With a little under two weeks till the first game we currently have 11 players signed up. As captain I expect that number to continue to climb towards 20 and beyond. Any talk about "paltry activity" and talk of Team Belfast not having a hope of competing is disappointing to me, and hinders my ability to attract new players to our team. To me taking part and team spirit is half the fun, not the winning.

With regards to a merge Im not against the idea on principle, but with Dublin having so few players, it doesnt look like an attractive proposition.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:55:15 AM by coprey »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 10:25:45 AM »

Belfast are currently building a team for this league. With a little under two weeks till the first game we currently have 11 players signed up. As captain I expect that number to continue to climb towards 20 and beyond. Any talk about "paltry activity" and talk of Team Belfast not having a hope of competing is disappointing to me, and hinders my ability to attract new players to our team. To me taking part and team spirit is half the fun, not the winning.

With regards to a merge Im not against the idea on principle, but with Dublin having so few players, it doesnt look like an attractive proposition.

Leigh likes this, more than you can imagine.   :D

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 10:32:20 AM »

I"m sure the Dublin team would disagree.

To me taking part and team spirit is half the fun, not the winning.

This is a v good attitude, but not one that will be shared by potential recruits.  I know we will not have some excellent players playing for us, who did in S3 that will not play as they feel that they cannot compete for the seats.  I will play every week I can regardless, but just because the team spirit and taking part is a draw for current APAT members, it will not go far as to bringing new ones in.

That said, I would love to hit 20+ for Belfast.  I have been searching for other NI/Belfast poker forums and will continue to do so, but options are limited for places to get new players.  Fingers crossed it works out as u imagine it will!!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 14:38:32 PM »

Leigh likes this, more than you can imagine.   :D

This simple statement speaks volumes Leigh.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 15:33:10 PM »

Time will be the Judge Colin :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 18:00:28 PM by TheSnapper »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 15:54:26 PM »
As I said im not against the idea in principle. If the Dublin team had more support from its players it would certainly be a more attractive proposition. As things stand I see a team of one.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 16:17:40 PM »
Ah now...that"s not entirely true.  So far we"ve 3 signed up for this year.   ;D

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 16:29:02 PM »

Ah now...that"s not entirely true.  So far we"ve 3 signed up for this year.   ;D

Apologies Dawn. I took the information from Brendan"s post, confirmed by the Dublin Current Team Sheet. Get your finger out and update that list. ;-)

BTW congrats on your Ladbrokes success.  :)

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 17:58:18 PM »

Apologies Dawn. I took the information from Brendan"s post, confirmed by the Dublin Current Team Sheet. Get your finger out and update that list. ;-)

BTW congrats on your Ladbrokes success.  :)

Cheers!  Will get on the updates this evening - once the lil feckers round here stop telling me how that success is going to be spent.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 13:47:30 PM »
Don"t suppose you"d reconsider now Brendan?  Ah go on, go on, go on.   Ya know it makes sense.  :D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 13:55:44 PM »

Don"t suppose you"d reconsider now Brendan?  Ah go on, go on, go on.   Ya know it makes sense.  :D

Do you know, I was just thinking this when I saw the table last night.  Great start to the campaign Dawn.

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 14:04:03 PM »

Do you know, I was just thinking this when I saw the table last night.  Great start to the campaign Dawn.

Kind of puts an end to the super team v little underdog team having not a cat in hells chance type argument, doesn"t it ?  ;D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2011, 14:10:19 PM »

Kind of puts an end to the super team v little underdog team having not a cat in hells chance type argument, doesn"t it ?  ;D

Early stages, but I would have to agree it"s appearing to be a bit more balanced than some had thought.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 14:12:55 PM »

Early stages, but I would have to agree it"s appearing to be a bit more balanced than some had thought.

Very early stages and we"re still stuffed as far as "numbers" go with only 6 on the team...but we"re a determined lot.   :)

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 14:37:36 PM »

Fair play Dawn, Thx for the invite much appreciated and speaks volumes for you as Captain. :)

I have been following the league results thus far and especially the Dublin team. Delighted to see the great start you guys have made and really hope you can continue that form throughout the league.