Author Topic: APAT Bunch Of Fives Leaderboards on 888poker  (Read 85417 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Bunch Of Fives Leaderboards on 888poker
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2011, 21:44:48 PM »
I think adding a password would be counter-intuitive to the idea of these tournaments - Bring new players to APAT via the link to the site in the lobby and provide cheap tourneys for regulars to enjoy with added value.

I have no problem with having lots of new players involved but can understand why some do. I would say that these tournaments are far from crapshoots, stacks are always deep enough to play. I know what you mean that some of the non-regulars will go a bit crazy, fair share of those in all tournaments.

I would personally leave it as is.

Trademans

« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2011, 21:51:22 PM »

story of the weekend continues - all in ahead in a race - come out the end losing - gg tho enjoyed it

sorry ger...  Lucked out on ya.... :-)

np Llyr - cuurently smashing the 1c 2c PLO -- LOL

what table?  might come and donate...

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2011, 21:57:53 PM »
Kwangju

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2011, 22:09:34 PM »

I think adding a password would be counter-intuitive to the idea of these tournaments - Bring new players to APAT via the link to the site in the lobby and provide cheap tourneys for regulars to enjoy with added value.

I have no problem with having lots of new players involved but can understand why some do. I would say that these tournaments are far from crapshoots, stacks are always deep enough to play. I know what you mean that some of the non-regulars will go a bit crazy, fair share of those in all tournaments.

I would personally leave it as is.

The issue is not "having a problem with having lots of new players involved" Mark. My personal issue is that this is a league type event, structured over 5 games, which totally changes the dynamics of each game and therefore if people want to play in it they should be apat members.

NellieG

• Silver Member
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2011, 23:21:43 PM »
I cannot see the problem myself, if non APATers play this, surely they cannot be listed in the weekly tables, therefore, the points a non APATer would earn would not be counted, and the points they get would go to the next APATer.

I am not sure if I have explained this eloquently enough.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2011, 00:43:32 AM »
I think you should be pleased to have the additional players in these Debbie. They are no different really to players like me who play the odd one if I"m around but am unlikely to play enough times in one week to qualify for anything. They (we) are helping to keep your added value going. Also they help to swell the numbers towards the end of the week when people who are just playing for points and who got a poor start are likely to drop out. Games consisting of the small number who play every night might not encourage the site to continue with this.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2011, 01:23:29 AM »
surely if someone with an 888 account enters an APAT event, they become a member of APAT and are welcome to donate.

They may not be active members of the forum (otherwise that Young Ben should be banned ;D ;D) but they are part of our poker community

I think this league has been created to show 888 that APAT is worth sponsoring and its members are willing to support the site. If we are raking a fair bit for them then they will continue to offer the good value that is currently on offer.

rogue players upsetting the dynamics of a league that is essentially a bit of fun should really be low on a list of concerns

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2011, 07:56:35 AM »

rogue players upsetting the dynamics of a league

Damn  ::)

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »

rogue players upsetting the dynamics of a league

Damn  ::)

had to  ;D at this Ger lol

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2011, 08:43:31 AM »

surely if someone with an 888 account enters an APAT event, they become a member of APAT and are welcome to donate.

They may not be active members of the forum (otherwise that Young Ben should be banned ;D ;D) but they are part of our poker community

I think this league has been created to show 888 that APAT is worth sponsoring and its members are willing to support the site. If we are raking a fair bit for them then they will continue to offer the good value that is currently on offer.

rogue players upsetting the dynamics of a league that is essentially a bit of fun should really be low on a list of concerns

+1

That"s what I said. OK, well actually it wasn"t, but that"s what I meant.  ;D

My understanding is that if you play ANY APAT event then you become a member of APAT. So these players you are complaining about are actually APAT members.

My solution is to use the player notes function.  "LAG", "TAG", "High 3-bet %", "Calling Station" etc.

For these events maybe you need to use "plays like Ger" more often  :o

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »

I think you should be pleased to have the additional players in these Debbie. They are no different really to players like me who play the odd one if I"m around but am unlikely to play enough times in one week to qualify for anything. They (we) are helping to keep your added value going. Also they help to swell the numbers towards the end of the week when people who are just playing for points and who got a poor start are likely to drop out. Games consisting of the small number who play every night might not encourage the site to continue with this.

I agree entirely with John. ???
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2011, 09:17:20 AM »
My understanding is that if you play ANY APAT event then you become a member of APAT. So these players you are complaining about are actually APAT members.

It actually goes a bit further than that...remember that anyone who had an account with our previous sponsors over previous seasons are also members...plus anyone who now has an 888 account are also members...plus anyone who has ever played a live event.

It adds up.

Yes, there are 7638* "official" forum members but you can multiply that by a significant factor when you add in all the "associated" APAT members.

* just checked.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:19:04 AM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2011, 10:12:39 AM »
i new i was right

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2011, 10:25:20 AM »
OK so you are saying that because they are on 888 they are a member of APAT , in that case as we are on 888 also we should be able to play any of the tourneys on there that are password protected, AHHH don"t think so, We can"t play any of these so why?? should they be able to play apat tourneys
a password should be in place and if anyone wants to play join APAT to get it then no complaints !!

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2011, 10:33:47 AM »

OK so you are saying that because they are on 888 they are a member of APAT , in that case as we are on 888 also we should be able to play any of the tourneys on there that are password protected, AHHH don"t think so, We can"t play any of these so why?? should they be able to play apat tourneys

Because that"s not comparing the same things.

What other organisations/groups may have agreed with 888 is outside of the scope of the APAT agreement (I"d guess). Just because we are members of 888 doesn"t mean we"re part of the other groups.

That"s the deal....anyone on 888 IS an APAT member so they can play an APAT tourney....end of. The point of these type of things is to drive 888 membership and, if we"re lucky, spread the word about APAT.

Slapping on a password does neither of these things.

I"m happy to give up any perceived "exclusivity" in light of the added value...not that I"m playing the Bunch of Fives anyway.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:35:27 AM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”