Author Topic: QQ Heads Up  (Read 6890 times)

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
QQ Heads Up
« on: March 24, 2011, 13:50:43 PM »
heads up in the 3euro rb on 888

Villain has played the FT very tight, 18/9/19
I"m a little looser at 22/15/28

Button  - Villain 406,284
Me - BB 455716

Blinds 10,000/20,000

Villain raises to 40,000
I reraise to 80,000 with  qd qc

he flat calls

Flop  ad kh :2d:

???????????

also - should i just be jamming pre? I"d obviously be happy to get it all in here
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: QQ Heads Up
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 13:58:26 PM »
Jamming pre would be pretty bad without history.  With QQ, we do not want to be maximising f/e pre.  Obv the bad point of working our 3b sizing to keep most of his range in, is sometimes we will flop pretty bad.  Do you have ftcb stats for villain?  If he had been playing pretty straight forward, I prob c/b very small and fold to a jam.  Due to the fact that this flop hits so much of our 3b range, we can afford to cb smaller and not give up too much f/e.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 14:19:33 PM »

Villain has played the FT very tight, 18/9/19
I"m a little looser at 22/15/28

I presume these stats are Vpip / Pfr / Agg%

if so replace agg% with Af, its much more useful.

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 14:33:43 PM »

Jamming pre would be pretty bad without history.  With QQ, we do not want to be maximising f/e pre.  Obv the bad point of working our 3b sizing to keep most of his range in, is sometimes we will flop pretty bad.  Do you have ftcb stats for villain?  If he had been playing pretty straight forward, I prob c/b very small and fold to a jam.  Due to the fact that this flop hits so much of our 3b range, we can afford to cb smaller and not give up too much f/e.

Limited info on specific situations - only seen him face c/bets in three 3-bet pots, he folded 2...

He"d folded his blinds pretty easily, but again it"s a smallish sample

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 17:35:27 PM »
Probably just check and give up, can"t see him folding ax or kx here to a single bet
Looking forward to making my first day 2

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 18:40:38 PM »
 I think checking is too exploitable for him. If you bet he may just fold a lot of his range anyway. i would just c bet smallish and fold if he raises. If he calls our c bet, then there are quite a few cards to give us some back doors anyway. If the turn bricks, then check fold.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 18:45:35 PM »
small c-bet once, and if he doesn"t fold, give up

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 20:13:40 PM »
I think our c/b can be v small btw, like 67,750.  It does increase his f/e which sucks, but it hits our 3b range so hard tht we can get away with it.

Obv we give up if villain does anything...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 21:45:28 PM »
if villain is very tight i can"t see us getting exploited here. Don"t like giving any more chips away in a HU spot - even betting 70k is an effective 140k swing HU
Looking forward to making my first day 2

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »
Thanks - I cbet half-pot (I think now that was probably too much), he raised, I folded

he typed A2

I need to improve my HU skills - I finished 2nd yesterday as well despite having a 2:1 lead when we got HU

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 10:40:50 AM »

Thanks - I cbet half-pot (I think now that was probably too much), he raised, I folded

he typed A2

I need to improve my HU skills - I finished 2nd yesterday as well despite having a 2:1 lead when we got HU

Don"t worry about results over a short sample.  It is pretty meaningless.  If you want to improve, just play a load of small HU sngs.  Experiment with different bet-sizing, and adjusting to your opponents.  The training sites have a lot of really good material on HU play, esp BlueFirePoker.  BlueFire and Deuces Cracked both have free trials as well.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 10:51:06 AM »

he typed A2

Don"t worry about results over a short sample.  It is pretty meaningless.  If you want to improve, just play a load of small HU sngs.  Experiment with different bet-sizing, and adjusting to your opponents.  The training sites have a lot of really good material on HU play, esp BlueFirePoker.  BlueFire and Deuces Cracked both have free trials as well.

Thanks for the suggested sites.

I don"t get to HU often enough to develop a BIG sample  >:(

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »
To much variance in such a small sample to worry about. Somtimes its worth taking a few shots when you are 4 handed (bubble) in sngs because people play tight, and getting the extra chips makes hu easier.

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 19:45:27 PM »
I"m making it around 160-170k here pre based solely on stack sizes. I do want him to call and I don"t  at the same time as in OOP. The raise should mean he can only jam or fold and you want to. If he flats your raise I"m jamming any flop that doesn"t contain an ace

Your min re raise is letting him have the odds to call with virtually any 2 cards in position but the larger reraise is putting a larger percentage of his chips in. After his 20k raise his chips are at 366k and if you take it her your stack goes up to 500k giving you a much larger stack to his.

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 20:54:36 PM »

I"m making it around 160-170k here pre based solely on stack sizes.

+1 & I"m hoping to get it all in pre.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 20:56:10 PM by mousebob »
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.