Author Topic: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1...WEEKLY UPDATE  (Read 30415 times)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1...WEEKLY UPDATE
« on: March 25, 2011, 00:09:44 AM »
The first game of the new Black Country Poker Club Premier League 1 was played on Thursday night.
Using the PokerStars "Home Games" format, 9 of the 12 registered players took part in Week One and the League began with a bang when the Stars sofware put everyone onto 2 tables as it has to allow for late registrations (even though there would be none !).
 After early confusion, we all sat out until the admin could be contacted but once the late reg period had passed, we were off and running.

The first casualty was Tod Wood when on a  6d   8c   td  board, he raised, Will Young re-raised and Tod shoved with   9c   9d  only for Will to flip   ts   tc  and send Tod out with zero points.

We had a big pot develop on a   jh   7c    jd   :3c:   8s  board and Andy Overton put a meaty 975 bet in on the river. Paul Foy made what he hoped was a hero call with   ac   7h  but Andy had   ks   js  and moved into the chip-lead, leaving Paul desperately trying to get the Stars software to allow him to type a swear-word !!  

Soon afterwards, Paul siezed his moment  and shoved his    qh   qs  in and was delighted to get a call from Tony Trippier holding   ad   jc  ....that was until the flop came down    ac   kc   6h  and Paul was out in 8th place.

We then saw what was probably the hand of the night.

On a board of    jc   8s   6s  Will bet, Tony called and short-stacked Steve Redfern (installed by Ladbrokes as 5-2 Favourite to win the Premier League) shoved all-in. Chip-Leader Will re-shoved and Tony snap-called........

Steve had   js   tc  for top pair,  Will had   6c   6h  for bottom set while Tony put his tourney on the line with   7s   5s   for the straight flush AND straight draws. Steve had less than  6% equity in the hand but the   5d  on the turn left Will a 2-1 favourite to eliminate Tony as well as Steve who was now out in 7th.  But the river came to Tony"s rescue when a   4d  dropped to complete his straight and to give him a big lead with 12k and put Will down to 2k.

Will got it all-in good once again with  kh   kd  to Brian Yates"s   ac   ks  but as always, the   ad   tc   td   board saw Will out in 6th to become the first points-scorer in BCPC Premier League history..even if it was only 1 point !

Tony"s lead would prove short-lived though, when on a board of   js   :as:   4h   :2s:  Tony called Andy Overton"s all-in shove holding   ah   qd  only to see Andy holding   :2c:   :2d:  and he then took over the lead on 10k with Tony back to 7k.

Rob Hewlitt was now down to just 800 chips and looked set to exit when his shove with   9c   6c  was dominated by Tony"s   ks   9s  .  The board of   td   :3d:   ad   8c  was no help but the magical   6d  kept Rob alive and left Tony firing expletives in his own inimitable way.

It was at this stage that the only non-BCPC live player in this Premier League, Aneurin Venables, was sat out for a long period. We believed it to be computer problems but rumours that he was servicing a few sheep were unconfirmed as we went to press :).  As it was, everyone showed how friendly the BCPC is by gang-raping his blinds and so when he finally returned, he was down to around 800.
 He quickly doubled-up though when a raise that was 27 chips shy of all-in got re-raised by Brian with   ac   qd  . Aneurin flipped   ah   ad1  and doubled-up (probably with laughter !).

Despite that great bit of play, in a blind-on-blind duel with Andy, Aneurin"s   qd   :3c:  was dominated by   kc   9s  and when they both missed totally, Aneurin exited in 5th for 2 points.

Tony and Andy were now contesting several pots and on a board of   9h   js   8d   td   6s  both of them flipped Q-10 for the flopped nuts and split the pot.

But the next time that they clashed, short-stack Rob got involved too. The board showed   7c   7s   jc   :2c:   ts  and when Tony bet out, Andy raised and Rob shoved all-in. Tony then called and so did Andy.
 Rob must have thought he was good on the flop holding   6h   7h   but exited with 5 pts in 4th place but Tony was holding   ac   :3c:  for the turned nut-flush.....but he had let Andy catch up and his   th   7d  gave him the winning full house and gave andy the 12k chip-lead while he dropped to 5k.

With all 3 players now in the money, Bri and Andy went to war on several occasions.  First on a board of   jd   kd   9h   Bri bet, Andy raised and Bri shoved, prompting Andy to tank then fold.

Then came a  qc   6s   7s  flop and Andy bet, Bri raised and Andy shoved, forcing Bri to fold and slip to 6k while Andy held a dominant 16k and prompted Tony to coin the phrase "Folded like a Bri".

The 3rd clash was a close one but resulted in Bri regaining the chip-lead when his   kd   td  was too good for Andy"s   kh   8h  on a   ks   :2h:   :3h:   7d   7c  board.

Tony though had become the whipping boy and when he finally shoved his last 2k with   kd    td   , Bri decided to call with   7s   8s  and got lucky on an amazing   ac   8c   8h  flop to leave tony with $36 and 7 pts.

Bri now held a substantial 4-1 chip-lead heads-up over Andy but it proved a cagey battle and when Bri made a rare shove with   tc   jd  Andy made the call with   5c   5h  and doubled-up to 7k.

He made further inroads and when he called another shove with  tc   th  he looked set to grab the lead against Brian"s    ah   js  when the flop came down    8d   :3d:   kc  but the    jc   hit on the turn Andy knew it was game over and so he had to settle for $54 and 9pts while Brian Yates was the week one winner, collecting $90 and 12 vital points.

The game, with 3000 chips and 15-minute blinds lasted 3:32 and was an excellent structure. Next Wednesday night sees the Premier League debuts of Clive Padden , Steve Bayliff and Mark Eagles while Steve Redfern, Tony Trippier and Andy Overton take a week off.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:47:05 AM by Chipaccrual »
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Re: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1...WEEK ONE
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 00:18:20 AM »
BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1
WEEK ONE TABLE

POS       NAME               PLD  PTS
1    BRIAN YATES            1     12
2    ANDY OVERTON         1      9
3    TONY TRIPPIER        1      7
4    ROB HEWLITT          1      5

5    ANEURIN VENABLES    1      2
6    WILL YOUNG             1      1
7    STEVE REDFERN        1      0  
8    PAUL FOY                1      0

9    TOD WOOD              1      0
10   STEVE BAYLIFF         0      0
11   MARK EAGLES           0      0
12   CLIVE PADDEN          0      0  
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »
Great report Bri and well done on the win!

Congrats on steve redfern, paul and tod hope your enjoying your bagel this morning !!

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 09:37:27 AM »
HAHAH    PAWNED
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 09:40:08 AM »
lol thanks Scouse - BAGEL FTW!!

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »
 I had 8 k before car crash hand, and was comfortably chip leader. If my 58.242632 % equity holds up vs tony OESFD then i go on to win (i think anyway). I would of had 15k with 4 players left, blinds at 50-100 .   :-[
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:39:44 PM by WYoung83 »

Bartyuk

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 13:48:16 PM »
Great report :D Sounds like it was an entertaining game. I did mean to drop in and watch but had so much going on (playing games on laptop and pc) i totally forgot about it.

Congrats on the win Brian!!

Peace

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 15:57:07 PM »
Excellent game last night. Great structure and some top banter. Happy with second. Came down to a coin-flip and i was on the wrong end of it so can"t complain.

Failed in my attempt to re-raise Bri off a big pot with 7-2os but aside from that happy with my play.  :)

Then won $80 playing a couple of SNGs before bed so all in all a good night.

Really looking forward to the next one and can hopefully bag another top spot to stay up the right end of the table. Don"t want to be down the bottom with Steve "Hellmuth" Redfern!  ;)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 16:10:24 PM »
I"m not falling for this.

A blatant, "I won a Sit n Go last night" post from Brian Yates.  Nothing more, nothing less.   ;D

Granted, some tough competition.  Anyone want to offer some odds on who will take this down ?

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 18:00:10 PM »

A blatant, "I won a Sit n Go last night" post from Brian Yates.  Nothing more, nothing less.   ;D

Granted, some tough competition. Anyone want to offer some odds on who will take this down ?

Paulie_D

Edit: Just re-read and realise you probably meant who will take down the league... not the thread, my bad!  ::)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 18:03:10 PM by RioRodent »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 18:27:23 PM »

Granted, some tough competition. Anyone want to offer some odds on who will take this down ?

Paulie_D

Edit: Just re-read and realise you probably meant who will take down the league... not the thread, my bad!  ::)

Whether you meant that or not, I"m laughing.   ;D

1TRW1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 19:12:47 PM »

Great report Bri and well done on the win!

Congrats on steve redfern, paul and tod hope your enjoying your bagel this morning !!

It tastes like disappointment and envy.

(Well done top 3 esp Bri)
HTID
Science is ALWAYS beautiful

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 21:16:02 PM »
Leigh....Ladbrokes posted the odds on the BCPC facebook page before we started !

They may have to re-think them now though  ;)
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 21:34:36 PM »

Leigh....Ladbrokes posted the odds on the BCPC facebook page before we started !

Post them up then.   ;D

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 07:41:46 AM »

Post them up then.   ;D
Just because you luckboxed 1 event .. One swallow dosent make ...... etc
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013