Author Topic: S5 APAT WCOAP, Nottingham - Discussion Thread  (Read 130873 times)

redsimon

• Silver Member
Re: APAT World Championship Of Amateur Poker 2011
« Reply #270 on: July 16, 2011, 13:46:45 PM »
reg"d for stud, HORSE, NLHE 1b  and PLO  as a back up if miss out on day 2...looking forward to playing HORSE and stud more than anything else!

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
Re: S5 APAT WCOAP, DTD Nottingham - Discussion Thread
« Reply #271 on: July 16, 2011, 15:35:01 PM »
 This may have been answered already, (sorry before anyone shoots me down) but for the people who cash in these events, do they get paid in ££s at DTD , or is it done via their DTD account in euros?

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: S5 APAT WCOAP, DTD Nottingham - Discussion Thread
« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2011, 15:35:35 PM »

This may have been answered already, (sorry before anyone shoots me down) but for the people who cash in these events, do they get paid in ££s at DTD , or is it done via their DTD account in euros?

GBP on the day

MackemX

Re: S5 APAT WCOAP, Nottingham - Discussion Thread
« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2011, 16:43:14 PM »
Been out all day with the kids and fretting about the HORSE, now regged for that and Day 1b of the main.
Do I get a bonus if I defend the HORSE title? My little girl wants a horse ;-)
Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #274 on: July 16, 2011, 17:44:20 PM »
Bought into the events I wanted, very happy!
Wouldn"t be APAT without a little drama thrown in :)

p.s. I love Mr Curly. This is all x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #275 on: July 16, 2011, 18:00:24 PM »
 I probably wont cash anyways, but just wondering. Cheers Leigh,

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #276 on: July 16, 2011, 21:18:26 PM »
Not that i wanted to enter but the Heads Up is already sold out...
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #277 on: July 16, 2011, 22:32:20 PM »
i missed the HU last year, then ghot in from work for Swinebag to tell me there were 3/4 seats left already, by the time i loaded up PC i managed to get the last seat!!!

Phew
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

redsimon

• Silver Member
« Reply #278 on: July 17, 2011, 09:13:06 AM »
Anybody having trouble withdrawing from 888.com. I deposited a sum to fund WCOAP buy ins. Now these are on DtD I have put a request to withdraw it to 888.com. Because my balance includes some uncleared bonus from an earlier deposit in the year they won"t release my funds. Online support were incapable of understanding and beginning to think this is going to get messy.

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2011, 09:37:50 AM »

Anybody having trouble withdrawing from 888.com. I deposited a sum to fund WCOAP buy ins. Now these are on DtD I have put a request to withdraw it to 888.com. Because my balance includes some uncleared bonus from an earlier deposit in the year they won"t release my funds. Online support were incapable of understanding and beginning to think this is going to get messy.

Simon,

I put this up yesterday. I done a similar thing previously and received an email. When I spoke to them they did allow a withdrawal that meant I left enough to play something like 20x my bonus deposit.

Geo

The guys who put money onto 888, if you had used a bonus code at the time you may want to check if you can as yet withdraw. They have a "must play $xxxx amount of value in hands before you can withdraw.

People who previously tried to withdraw after having deposited under a bonus code where only aware on receiving an email a few days after requesting their withdrawal that it would be refused.

Geo

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »

Any idea how long it will take to get my money back from 888 that I deposited to pay for WCOAP then get it loaded onto DTD? Will there still be places left in the side events? Would have appreciated more than a day"s notice here when you must have known for considerably longer.

Matt,

We appreciate it may be considered short notice, but there is a lot that gets organised in the background before we are able to make an announcement.  I hope you"ll get your funds in place in time to bag all the seats you are after.

Leigh

This needs to be noted a bit more than may be "considered short notice" and a lot to be organised in the background. This was queried by Daveyface on this thread in June and had it confirmed by Tighty that it would be buy in on 888.

As we can see from Simon and others it obviously has caused problems to some.

Geo

redsimon

• Silver Member
« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2011, 10:04:11 AM »
I deliberately didnt use a bonus code for my recent deposit. Emailed complaints and said they will get back within 72 hours. I think there might be a resolution that they take the 18$ bonus awarded in the past off my balance. Well I hope they see sense!

Luckily I had a "roll on DTD to buy in, but I can imagine some APAters have been struggling to move money around.

Heard from 888.com releasing my recent deposit so I"m happy. Don"t think I"ll clear the bonus as I need to wager $648 with $40 left in account!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 14:39:48 PM by redsimon »

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2011, 10:11:35 AM »

Any idea how long it will take to get my money back from 888 that I deposited to pay for WCOAP then get it loaded onto DTD? Will there still be places left in the side events? Would have appreciated more than a day"s notice here when you must have known for considerably longer.

Matt,

We appreciate it may be considered short notice, but there is a lot that gets organised in the background before we are able to make an announcement.  I hope you"ll get your funds in place in time to bag all the seats you are after.

Leigh

This needs to be noted a bit more than may be "considered short notice" and a lot to be organised in the background. This was queried by Daveyface on this thread in June and had it confirmed by Tighty that it would be buy in on 888.

As we can see from Simon and others it obviously has caused problems to some.

Geo

At the time my expectation was that the WCOAP would be handled by 888. However, things change, particularly in the currently very fluid poker world.

It was not possible to give a heads up on the change of WCOAP sponsor beforehand as negotiations were not concluded. Once they were, everything was putting in place (holding tanks, capacities etc) in under 72 hours, time being of the essence as we want the event on sale.

I appreciate it will cause problems, as we can see and was aware it was a likely bi-product of a very complex situation.

sopranoltd

Re: APAT WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship 2011
« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2011, 15:05:39 PM »
Are the structures put up for the £60 buy ins ?? stud , hu, 6 max, plo & horse ? ty

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #284 on: July 17, 2011, 16:05:26 PM »
see http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=6776

the main event will have 15k chips

all events "traditional" payout structures

that apart at this stage its last year"s structures