Author Topic: S5 APAT WCOAP, Nottingham - Discussion Thread  (Read 130865 times)

Azzerus

Re: S5 APAT WCOAP, Nottingham - Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2011, 09:18:19 AM »

What will the format of the HU be?

I presume as per last year the final will have 10,000 chips, the semi"s 5,000 and the prelim rounds 2,500. I really hope not though, as 2,500 really isn"t enough.

We are discussing this with Simon Trumper.  Heads Up tournaments do put a considerable strain on dealer resources, especially one that will start at 3pm on a Friday.  Add to that the fact that we have doubled the number of runners, and we just need to make sure that we are ensuring a balance between a value for money structure and DTD"s ability to run a smooth event.  The feedback from last year was that the later rounds were great, so we will try and improve on starting stacks as best we can.

Can"t the first rounds be done in groups, I know it could result in people waiting around but would reduce the number of dealers required

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2011, 13:53:27 PM »
Want to play the satelitte tonight but couldn"t see anything listed on the site last night.. When will it show up? And, is it 8pm "British time" or will there be similar confusions like with the direct buy-ins on Saturday?

(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #302 on: July 18, 2011, 14:08:36 PM »

Want to play the satelitte tonight but couldn"t see anything listed on the site last night.. When will it show up? And, is it 8pm "British time" or will there be similar confusions like with the direct buy-ins on Saturday?

Both in the lobby with an 8pm start time

DrMarbles

• Silver Member
« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2011, 14:52:35 PM »

That"s correct

A game is played for one round, then the game moves to the next variant..irrespective of clock. the clock goes up every 30m

Last year"s played til 2am Tuesday morning. Someone got left on point duty updating it.

The structure makes for a fine game.

And the year before that was a 4am finish with the poker connoisseur"s favourite final of Jon MW versus Andrew T heads up that delivered almost limitless excitement for the benefit of the, quite frankly, unappreciative updater.

FYP

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #304 on: July 18, 2011, 16:05:26 PM »

That"s correct

A game is played for one round, then the game moves to the next variant..irrespective of clock. the clock goes up every 30m

Last year"s played til 2am Tuesday morning. Someone got left on point duty updating it.

The structure makes for a fine game.

And the year before that was a 4am finish with the poker connoisseur"s favourite final of Jon MW versus Andrew T heads up that delivered almost limitless excitement for the benefit of the, quite frankly, unappreciative updater.

FYP

LOL, I"m sure it was a good heads up, just didn"t make great TV for the Skypoker crew hanging on to interview you.  Did that interview ever make it on TV ?

DrMarbles

• Silver Member
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2011, 18:33:31 PM »
I think it was deemed too exciting to broadcast.

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2011, 19:11:00 PM »
Does anyone know the day of the direct buy-in for the Worlds?

Thanks!

cashman

• Gold Member
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2011, 19:16:02 PM »
it"s up now on dtd
TEAM GOTHAM  (penguin)
Gold Medalist APAT ECOAP 2012 for Team Republic of Ireland

smasher37

• Silver Member
« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2011, 19:40:03 PM »
anyone know if there is late reg not sure seems conflicting info on tournament info say reg open for 15 mins and then says extra time 15mins does this mean 10mins late reg ?

MackemX

« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2011, 19:45:36 PM »
HORSE played fine last year, 30 minutes per level as already said with the game rotating every eight hands.
Didn"t notice any problems with table moves to different games, only problem was our first dealer not realising that the omaha was Hi/Lo until we"d played three hands of it.

Craic was much better than the hold"em events with a suitable level of disdain being shown towards the two card monkeys.
Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #310 on: July 18, 2011, 19:48:16 PM »

anyone know if there is late reg not sure seems conflicting info on tournament info say reg open for 15 mins and then says extra time 15mins does this mean 10mins late reg ?

Not sure exactly how the Boss network works.  I think reg closes about five minutes before the tourney starts.  I think extra time means 15 minutes late reg.

We"re running these every day (Mon-Fri) for the next 6 weeks, so there should be plenty of opportunity.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2011, 19:57:24 PM »
Okay, reg closes 4 minutes before tourney starts, but you can still reg for a further 15 minutes.  So in old money, that"s 11 minutes late reg.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2011, 20:55:16 PM »
You may be aware that the WCOAP Heads Up Holding tank is already sold out.

We have made 5 more seats available to DTD, which will be offered to Side Event Satellite winners only.  First come, first served.

If you want a Heads Up seat, you can only guarantee one by playing the Side Event Satellites running every night at 8pm.

Once the 5 are gone, that"s it, no more, you are relying on someone unregging or the seat exchange thread.

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2011, 22:46:14 PM »
Where are the holding tanks for the Worlds? I can"t find them anywhere.

Sorry for being an idiot.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2011, 22:49:49 PM »

Where are the holding tanks for the Worlds? I can"t find them anywhere.

Sorry for being an idiot.

DTD Poker Lobby, under multi tourneys, sort by tourney, all APAT ones are together.