Author Topic: S5 APAT WCOAP, Nottingham - Discussion Thread  (Read 130784 times)

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
Re: APAT World Championship Of Amateur Poker 2011
« Reply #345 on: July 22, 2011, 10:30:30 AM »

I have just clarified with DTD that if a player wins a satellite and has already bought into the event they want, then there is no problem in payng out in cash.

Once Nicola picks up the email, I am sure it will get resolved.

Thanks Leigh
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #346 on: July 22, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »

I have just clarified with DTD that if a player wins a satellite and has already bought into the event they want, then there is no problem in payng out in cash.

Thanks Leigh

Surely, as seats have been held back for sat winners, it would make more sense to unreg if you have already bought in. This would free up direct buy in seats for those that don"t want try the sat route.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 13:23:49 PM by RioRodent »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #347 on: July 22, 2011, 11:36:02 AM »

Thanks Leigh

Surely, as seats have been held back for sat winners, it would make more sense to unreg if you have already bought in. This would free up direct buy in seats for those that don"t eant try the sat routr.

There"s no seats held back for satellite winners, other than the 5 Heads Up seats.  All other holding tanks are open for direct buyin or satellite winners.  If a holding tank is full, then a satellite winner cannot choose that event.

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »

Thanks Leigh

Surely, as seats have been held back for sat winners, it would make more sense to unreg if you have already bought in. This would free up direct buy in seats for those that don"t eant try the sat routr.

There"s no seats held back for satellite winners, other than the 5 Heads Up seats.  All other holding tanks are open for direct buyin or satellite winners.  If a holding tank is full, then a satellite winner cannot choose that event.

Aaah... lol misunderstandaments. Well, it"s what I did anyway.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #349 on: July 22, 2011, 12:37:30 PM »

Thanks Leigh

A perfectly sensible solution, and I would expect nothing else from you, although the blatant "I won a satellite" post is a bit much.   ;D

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #350 on: July 22, 2011, 12:40:19 PM »

Thanks Leigh

6-max tourney capacity - 108
DTD poker holding tank capacity - 100

Remind me what the 8 missings seats are for.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: S5 APAT WCOAP, Nottingham - Discussion Thread
« Reply #351 on: July 22, 2011, 12:50:51 PM »
Leigh

I have been through the last 24 pages and concluded that you have answered 98.8% of all questions with 99.4% accuracy!

Not sure what APAT's SLAs are but I"m sure those figures are smashing them!

You"re all doing a great job!
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #352 on: July 22, 2011, 13:14:57 PM »
I think that some people need to remember that Leigh and the APAT team give up their own time for this as well as resolving issues (very promptly) that aren"t of their making - and then these people should amend the tone of their emails accordingly.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #353 on: July 22, 2011, 13:21:41 PM »

Thanks Leigh

OK, since Leigh has been dragging his feet and hasn"t reminded me yet  ::), I looked back and found the following....

you might want to look at the capacities of the tanks leigh they seem a bit weird compared with the numbers you have published

they are all a bit lower than event capacity, deliberately, to allow for seats already allocated via various added value wins etc etc

Which leads me to my next question -

I have received a confirmation email from Nicola (DTD) that I have been entered into the 6-max tourney.

However, my name hasn"t re-appeared amongst the 83 in the holding tank.

If the missing 8 seats are already allocated to people and the remaining 17 holding tank seats sell-out, where do the sat winners seats come from?

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2011, 13:53:05 PM »
outer space

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #355 on: July 22, 2011, 13:58:54 PM »

Thanks Leigh

OK, since Leigh has been dragging his feet and hasn"t reminded me yet  ::), I looked back and found the following....

you might want to look at the capacities of the tanks leigh they seem a bit weird compared with the numbers you have published

they are all a bit lower than event capacity, deliberately, to allow for seats already allocated via various added value wins etc etc

I have received a confirmation email from Nicola (DTD) that I have been entered into the 6-max tourney.

If the missing 8 seats are already allocated to people and the remaining 17 holding tank seats sell-out, where do the sat winners seats come from?

Alan,

DTD should be entering you into the holding tanks.  I"ll have a chat to Nicola about it.

The balance on seats you mentioned are for a number of players that have won added value seats in the past and are using them for Nottingham, and also I have held back a small number to make sure that those players travelling from afar for the team event will be able to play some of the side events also and get a full 5 days of poker in.

More than happy to answer questions, unless it"s Where"s Des ?, and then I struggle.   ;D

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #356 on: July 22, 2011, 14:03:12 PM »

Thanks Leigh

Alan,

DTD should be entering you into the holding tanks.  I"ll have a chat to Nicola about it.

The balance on seats you mentioned are for a number of players that have won added value seats in the past and are using them for Nottingham, and also I have held back a small number to make sure that those players travelling from afar for the team event will be able to play some of the side events also and get a full 5 days of poker in.

More than happy to answer questions, unless it"s Where"s Des ?, and then I struggle.   ;D

I"m standing on a street corner in Marbella...hello?  hello?

Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #357 on: July 22, 2011, 14:06:49 PM »
And I think that answers any questions that players may have about how Des is using this seasons marketing budget.   ;D

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #358 on: July 22, 2011, 14:11:24 PM »

And I think that answers any questions that players may have about how Des is using this seasons marketing budget.   ;D

...and negotiations for the Season 6 APAT Marbella Masters are well under way.  Another week...ahem...should just about do it. :)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #359 on: July 22, 2011, 14:11:55 PM »
Did you see how I slid "Season 6" in there.  The old master still has the movez..lol