Author Topic: New structure thoughts  (Read 19283 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: New structure thoughts
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2011, 20:47:30 PM »
Dealers were not available after 2am...it happens.

In my case, my stack was such that I was going to have to double up or better as soon as I possibly could....that means having to take some risks....I would assume that the others felt the same.

The structure demanded it...as did my stack.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 21:31:24 PM »
They were at the cash tables, but only  3 games going as it happens.

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 21:40:09 PM »
First-would like to say as beforestructure was pretty good but as I said earlier i think any alternates money should go to the players over the usual 10% that-get paid which would have given the 5 a little cash

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 21:44:03 PM »
Dont really agree with this, its like stealing money from the players who finish in top 10%

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 21:54:28 PM »

Bit of a catch-all statement Steve...  not everyone can afford to stay over, and would choose to drive home....  coming back for day two is additional expense, offset by getting paid.

Bit of a catch-all statement Steve...  not everyone is lucky enough to live within driving distance of several of the tournaments.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2011, 22:33:27 PM »

First-would like to say as beforestructure was pretty good but as I said earlier i think any alternates money should go to the players over the usual 10% that-get paid which would have given the 5 a little cash

I deliberately chose to add the prize money from the 6 alternates (£450) to the existing places paid

Why? I think its accepted and best practice in the industry, and our old method of applying an extra place for each alternate was eccentric to say the elast

I don"t anticipate the policy changing

APAT is looking to provide festival type experiences for low buy ins. With that comes festival practices, comparable and hopefully better organisational standards and not (as per playing for the win) hanging on for £75 for 21st or something

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2011, 10:02:04 AM »
The new payouts should stay. Playing to the money is desirable however we all know when we sign up (well you guys do anyway) that it"s a two day event and that could mean paying extra costs to play.

Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

duncthehat

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2011, 14:00:58 PM »

I deliberately chose to add the prize money from the 6 alternates (£450) to the existing places paid

APAT is looking to provide festival type experiences for low buy ins. With that comes festival practices, comparable and hopefully better organisational standards and not (as per playing for the win) hanging on for £75 for 21st or something

Keep the money to the top 10 per cent.

The fact that four players went out quickly on day 2 at least showed they werent trying to limp into the bottom money.

2 players went out in the final hand of day 1 and the table dynamics were completely different at end of day 1 compared to start of day 2.   Day 1 end was short handed and all in shoves were generally getting through.  Day 2 start was 10 handed.

I too was all in in the first few minutes of day 2, admittedly a reraise all in after the flop, but with only middle pair.   £3700 for first or £176 for 15th, No brainer which place to play for.

As for booking hotels for day 2 .    Lets see, slept in my car once (and ended up at the local car boot at 6am!), cadged a room once and in season 1 thanks to Lee Mulligan managed to get a bed in the transit accommodation at the local army camp!!  All part of the apat experience!!
WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2011, 14:21:48 PM »
All we can ask is that an attempt is made to play down to the money,without spoiling the tournament totally.
Personally,if shortstacked i would rather shove on day 1 with any 2 than come back knowing i have to go all in in first ten minutes with no guarantee of a cash.Not saying anyone else should have this attitude,,just me lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 15:41:28 PM by daveyb147 »

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2011, 14:31:49 PM »

All we can ask is that an attempt is made to play down to the money,without spoiling the tournament totally.

...and that"s it.

I think that the new structure moves more towards this.

Discussion of payouts and people end of Day 1 preferences for shoving, hotel rooms etc. are irrelevant as they are the same under both structures.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

waltypies

• Bronze Member
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2011, 20:46:30 PM »
If you are worried about the expense of a hotel then do not sign up to play imo

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2011, 22:59:08 PM »
 Dont really think thats fair to say. Some people sat into these events like i did, because im broke cant afford £50 a night in hotel. Doesnt affect the way i play though, and i think the structure was brilliant for £75 buyin tourny.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2011, 23:05:00 PM »

Dont really think thats fair to say. Some people sat into these events like i did, because im broke cant afford £50 a night in hotel. Doesnt affect the way i play though, and i think the structure was brilliant for £75 buyin tourny.

But really should you be trying to qualify for an event if you can"t afford to either get to it, or stay in the region for it"s duration?  The buy-in is only a part of the expense of playing poker isn"t it.  If you don"t have the money to either buy-in to an event or cover the peripheral expenses then really you should be waiting for a time when you can. 

In a nutshell it"s not for the tour to work it"s way round individual"s budgets, it"s for the individual to work their budgets around the expense of the tour.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2011, 23:18:10 PM »
 So how did we get to this? though we were discussing the structure and how much better it is.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2011, 23:24:31 PM »

So how did we get to this? though we were discussing the structure and how much better it is.

Because people were suggesting adjusting the structure so everyone who makes day 2 cashes and so helping with hotel petrol expenses etc.