Author Topic: REALLY angry, but now I've calmed down.....is this collusion ?  (Read 33776 times)

shozboy1

• Silver Member
Re: REALLY angry.....is this collusion ?
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2011, 16:19:13 PM »
Someone above (siberian) has also confirmed independently from me that the Solent team mates also engaged in collusion by the raiser declaring he had pocket 10s to the BB who was also a Solent player.
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2011, 16:37:13 PM »

as for snappers comments... human beings are pre-programmed to be inherently selfish. it is part of our psychological make-up. some more than others, but generally speaking we like to get our own way in relationships with other human beings.

True, but as a team player you are required to put those instincts aside temporarily in lieu of the Team objective.

Quote from: chip fireball

fwiw i know some hugely intelligent human beings who are not familiar with the apat rulebook. my mother, who is a doctor, doesn"t even know how to play poker at all. should we have her shot ?

If however the Doc was to engage in some Team poker activity,  it would undoubtably be wise to take some time to learn and understand the rules and objectives of the game.

All that said, it appears you found yourself in a tough spot made a small mistake but have handled the fallout very well. I may have been a little harsh with some of my post content ( now removed ) but the recent healthy discussion Here is pretty clear about what"s acceptable.

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2011, 17:37:13 PM »
Ok, this guy broke the rules..... and quite evidently accidentally, and has been punished and to be fair, him and the Sunerland team have taken it very well.........

Unfortunately, disclosing your hand is very bad and cann"t and won"t be tolerated, .......

BUT ??????

Are you telling me no friends/team-mates let each other know their hand at times by MSN/SKYPE/Facebook ETC. that no-one other than the players involved know about ??? I"m suggesting a good few, if not a large majority who have been outraged by this have done and will continue to do so, so maybe as it is actually a team challenge then reviewing what is and isn"t acceptable mab be a better option because as Mr Redfern so wisely pointed out, rules that have no way of being policed or enforced are as much use as chocolate fireguards.

mfcrocker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2011, 17:41:35 PM »

I put a rather large post on the first page of this thread appologising for his actions and together with disclosure of what i put in my initial PM to Leigh about the incident, for you to say "I"m not particularly satisfied with the attitude of the Sunderland team on this one" is a joke comment.

My issue with your original post was more that it came off as you wanting kudos for having taken the points deduction - sorry if that wasn"t the intent :)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2011, 17:45:22 PM »
Okay, enough of this now.

I"m sat here nodding in agreement at a Dan Owston post.

I"m going to go for a lie down.   ;D

chip fireball

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2011, 17:57:32 PM »
thanks snapper, have read the thread you highlighted, and it sort of makes some sense, though interestingly ends with a comment along the lines of " we shall get back to you once we have thought about it. "  :)

i"ve discussed it off board with the OP and there are no hard feelings either way. it"s a bizzarre set up really, in that you have a tournament where players with a wealth of live experience are playing alongside complete novices who have only played online, or down the pub  with their mates, in a format where the rules are somewhat vague.

on one hand we are being advised soft play will picked up by 888 and players banned, on the other we are told it is to be expected in a team event. as someone totally unused to the team format i actually find it much easier playing on a table without any team-mates, than on one where there are 4 or 5 as i tend to get way too passive. as someone else has pointed out, if you take on a team-mate you get grief off them, if you dont, you get grief off someone else. its especially difficult near the bubble when you have the button with a big stack and 2 of them are in the blinds with short stacks, as you feel obliged to fold, and this goes against all your natural instincts in that spot. it"s also diminishing your chances to win the thing and costing you money, simply to  assist complete strangers, who may well not do the same for you if the roles were reversed.

obviously that maybe different in teams where all the players are friends and you can second guess their intentions, but i have never met anyone on my team, and still don"t really understand what i"m meant to be doing. ultimately what i did last night has cost sunderland a point, which i feel pretty **** about, but both me and al apologised to leigh straight after the game and had no problem with the decision. as far as i"m concerned it"s done with and for the sake of the team i will probably just watch from now on.

Shortstack

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
    • Poker League
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2011, 18:07:53 PM »

as far as i"m concerned it"s done with and for the sake of the team i will probably just watch from now on.

Wash your mouth out. Look at Crouchy last week in Madrid. What happened in the next game on Saturday??? He won his team 3 points.
Bounce-back-ability FTW ;D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2011, 18:13:47 PM »

as far as i"m concerned it"s done with and for the sake of the team i will probably just watch from now on.

Wash your mouth out. Look at Crouchy last week in Madrid. What happened in the next game on Saturday??? He won his team 3 points.
Bounce-back-ability FTW ;D

+1 to that

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2011, 18:35:56 PM »
This was bound to happen and the reason why Jack pointed out that I am not participating.

Too much of a grey area for me.

The Sunderland lads did it in the chatbox. Maybe other teams are using other methods?

Whilst it"s not enforceable I won"t be playing the league games.

Doubt many will care. Just my two cents
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2011, 18:44:46 PM »

This was bound to happen and the reason why Jack pointed out that I am not participating.

The Sunderland lads did it in the chatbox. Maybe other teams are using other methods?

:"(

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2011, 20:13:07 PM »

......We all make mistakes (Ask my Wife !!)  

I know what you mean Brian, my other half is forever beggering things up  :D

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2011, 21:25:38 PM »

Didn"t you nearly win a WSOP package for your 2 cents ??

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2011, 21:27:58 PM »

Okay, enough of this now.

I"m sat here nodding in agreement at a Dan Owston post.

I"m going to go for a lie down.   ;D

What"s that supposed to mean ?? ;-/

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2011, 21:30:03 PM »
LOL @ Ian !!
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

BrummieGreg

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2011, 21:58:22 PM »
Im glad this has been sorted and the correct action taken. I apologise if it got a bit heated in the chat box but when your up against 3/4 people from the same team and it appears they are colluding then ofcourse me and my West Mids team mate are not going to be very happy.

Lets forget about this now :)
West Midlands are Season 5 Champions!!!
Finished 1st for West Midlands & 3rd overall

http://twitter.com/BrummieGreg
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000092775592&ref=tn_tnmn