Author Topic: REALLY angry, but now I've calmed down.....is this collusion ?  (Read 33737 times)

chip fireball

Re: REALLY angry, but now I've calmed down.....is this collusion ?
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2011, 00:52:41 AM »
just out of interest, how many points did the player from solent who allegedly typed " i"ve got pocket 10"s if you want to call " for the benefit of his team-mate, end up with ?  ;) :D

scoop

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2011, 00:56:42 AM »
Just read all of this thread, I really think theres a potential huge can of worms just been opened.

Yes Chip was wrong to disclose his hand in the chat box, for anyone to think that an advantage had been gained or other teams had been disadvantaged seems very harsh.

The several posts from Shozboy with regards to others "colluding" seems to have pettered out, why? when this actually looks the same if not worse than Chips actions.

The acceptance of the points deduction from my captain Al is very commendable, is the Solent captain going to do the same?

Blind on blind action by 2 players from the same team literally taking the piss out of each other has resulted in this thread and I predict many more instances and accusations to follow during the season.

Soft play, folding to team mates when they raise, not raising their blinds, chip dumping, as has already been mentioned msn etc. How can this be managed?  I dont think it can, basically down to team ethics / morals.

No doubt players will be watching other teams play very closely from now on.

Could be a very busy time for Leigh, unless everyone gets a bit of perspective to actually what has gone on here, Chip took the piss, nobody gained or lost anything, a slap on the wrist / naughty step for 5 mins would have sufficed.

So what is happening with Solent  ;D ;D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2011, 01:06:46 AM »

just out of interest, how many points did the player from solent who allegedly typed " i"ve got pocket 10"s if you want to call " for the benefit of his team-mate, end up with ?  ;) :D

FYI Diablo eliminated Bitofatart a few hands later when they got all-in against each other pre-flop on the final-table bubble.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

scoop

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2011, 01:08:53 AM »

FYI Diablo eliminated Bitofatart a few hands later when they got all-in against each other pre-flop on the final-table bubble.

obv chip dump  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2011, 12:13:01 PM »
LOL....this made me chuckle when I saw it.....the "But now I have calmed down" bit was not added by me.......though it is correct  ;D
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2011, 15:22:11 PM »
Having investigated the recent accusation regarding Solent players, it would appear that a similar situation occurred to that of the Sunderland players.

Again, having spoken with the players involved and the captain, they realise that the disclosure of hands whilst players are still to act is bad etiquette, and when it involves a fellow team mate, this goes against the league rules on collusion.

This has led to APAT realising that the punishment for this offence needs to be consistent, and shouldn't punish teams inconsistently based on their finishing positions.

In both cases on the weekend, the actions were more of a naive nature, opposed to looking to gain any advantage, and therefore the punishment should fit the crime.

Therefore, the ruling for both cases will be a deduction of 3 points from both Sunderland's and Solent's total points scored for the team points allocation.

That is not to say that if there are any further examples of collusion, APAT may take a different view on points deduction based on the individual cases.

I'm hoping that this draws a line under this matter, and we don't need to make any further rulings.  That is down to the players.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2011, 15:26:22 PM »
And whilst we are all confessing, I got 8th and 9th points the wrong way round on Sunday, which means that Bristol finish in 3rd place, and not 2nd.

My punishment is going to be a very costly bar bill next time I see Suzanne.  Really sorry about that.   ;D

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2011, 17:07:25 PM »
That"s it I"m withdrawing from the Manchester Team now and not playing until G2L has played 3 games
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2011, 00:08:29 AM »

And whilst we are all confessing, I got 8th and 9th points the wrong way round on Sunday, which means that Bristol finish in 3rd place, and not 2nd.

My punishment is going to be a very costly bar bill next time I see Suzanne.  Really sorry about that.   ;D

A smart man would have given Solent and Sunderland an 11 point penalty and saved himself a fortune :)

cwmbran1

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2011, 19:27:19 PM »

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2011, 00:06:07 AM »
Maybe they could all wear sunglasses and a baseball cap ??
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2011, 06:44:33 AM »
Wouldnt work, because knowing who you play againast and how they play is a massive part of poker.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2011, 08:26:10 AM »

Wouldnt work, because knowing who you play againast and how they play is a massive part of poker.

So you don"t play poker with randoms them, either online or live?

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2011, 08:37:33 AM »

It would make things a little more difficult for us results gatherers as well.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2011, 08:45:14 AM »

So you don"t play poker with randoms them, either online or live?

Think a lot of the draw of APAT is camraderie which this would almost completely detract from.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...