Author Topic: Comedy Poker at DTD  (Read 2357 times)

PantsMan

• Gold Member
Comedy Poker at DTD
« on: May 24, 2011, 14:49:55 PM »
Just thought i"d post a comedy hand from Friday at DTD in the Grand Prix.

I arrived a bit late to find some drunk guy in my seat. After much discussion with the TD and him insisting the board had said he was on Table 12, it turned out he should have been on table 22. Anyway, they left him there as he"d already played some hands.

A hand arises where him and the guy next to him are both involved. There"s a bit of betting and calling but it"s when it gets to the river it gets errr.. interesting!

The board is A-5-4-3-7. Drunk guy in position thinks the other guy has checked, checks behind and turns over A-7 for two pair. Dealer tells first guy he still has the option of what to do. He overbets to 2.2k. Pot is about 1500. Drunk guy insta-calls (despite there being 4 to a straight and the other guy being able to see his cards!).

First guy then turns over A-5, tries to take back his chips insisting "but he checked" and calling over the TD. Cue one round ban for player playing out of turn and turning over his cards and a table discussion about who was the stupidest out of the two of them!

Worst thing was, the guy with the A5 wasn"t even representing the straight, he just ballsed up!

Comedy poker at it"s best.  :)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Comedy Poker at DTD
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:12:01 AM »
Wrong player got the ban imo.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »

Wrong player got the ban imo.

Can you give someone a table ban for playing sh**?

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 13:55:15 PM »
Nothing at dtd surprises me. They were probably both regs aswell.