Author Topic: WCOAP 2011 - Official WALES Team Thread  (Read 28766 times)

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
Re: WCOAP 2011 - Official WALES Team Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »

I can understand Dylan, Rodders and Owston. But that guy from Rhyl is a donkey.

I am not good enough to be a Donkey. I"m just an Ass really. So are You BTW it"s "Rudders" and not "Rodders".... LOL

Thanks for all the comments everybody. That includes Craig and Al fishbone Armitage. All good fun, keep em coming Guys.
:)

Yea Rudders. That"s what I said. Anyway. Most sincerely. The best of luck to you guys. Your all good players and great guys. I"m looking forward to seeing you all next month. If it can"t be Canada, I hope it"s Wales.
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
I meant USA obviously.  That was a mis-click.

nooteboom17

• Bronze Member
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 13:41:23 PM »
Congrats Paul and gl in Nottingham!

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 13:49:35 PM »

I meant USA obviously.  That was a mis-click.

haha...now that is funny!
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

fethepo

• Bronze Member
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 10:15:54 AM »
GL guys, great team, looking forward to it!
World Team Championship 2011 - Silver
European Team Championship 2009 - Silver
WCOAP Main Event 2007 - Silver

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 19:43:27 PM »
Great team and you have a couple of excellent reserves waiting in the wings in Ben Young and Young Rudders
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »
Walessss cmon guys awsome selection and they all qualify for free bus passes so easy transport to dtd !! Glguys

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »
have to agree with paul never ever change a winning team

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 10:22:02 AM »
o i 4 got glk

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 11:58:43 AM »
Hi everybody, a very big thank you for all the kind comments. :)

With only 11 days to go to the big kick off. I just thought I would let You know, that all is not as quiet as it seems.

Like those ducks or swans, all may be calm on the surface, however underneath(or behind the scenes) there is a lot more going on than meets the eye.

We"re trying to gauge it so that Our enthusiasm peeks at the right time(ie 25th August onwards) and will give Our very best at Nottingham. We really would like to carry on in the fashion of the last twelve months.

Which brings me to handing out a Huge Thank You to "Rodders" who stepped in at Newcastle for me and did us Welsh folk very Proud. We are all endebted to him, and thanks for your full support again at Nottingham Rodders, we will see you at the bar......Hehe ;D

I would personally and openly like to Thank on behalf of Wales, Rudders, Dan and Dylan for taking up this challenge with me again this year.

I look forward to seeing all the other Welsh boys at DTD. Good luck in the all the other events, if we can emulate last year, Wales will remain a happy place. Just a reminder of what was achieved at last years championship by Welsh folk:

Main event, individual gold medal winner, and Silver medal winner. Plus 33rd place finisher.
Stud Silver medallist.
Heads up Bronze medal winner.
Omaha final tablist.
Horse medal bubble
Team event Gold Medalists.

Also throughout the Year,We had a Gold medal at Swansea,  we had three from four left at the final table for the £20,000 sponsorship deal, eventually going to Our fellow Welshman. Another Gold medal win in April for the only person to win two Apat Majors. Then Mr final table was at it again, and was so unlucky taking silver and almost becoming first to win two. Also the Home internationals brought us another Gold Medal finish for the Teams. Online brought us various top finishes also. Away from Apat, we have had some very strong results in the likes of the UKIPT, cashes and F.T"ers. Not to mention a certain body taking down a deepstack tourney at "The Venetian".  So you can see from the above, that my decision to play the same team @ DTD this year really was anything but  easy.

So I hope we all have a good championship, and would very much like to see new faces doing well, to add to the mix and make next years captain"s decision even harder...............Basically.......................

"Cymru am Byth"

Apolgies for any omissions of any other achievments throughout the year. 2010/11 really was the year of the Welsh. Having set the bar so high, it really will be difficult to repeat. Still we do have an abundance of talent and i hope we can continue. As stated, we do have some young raw talented players coming through. I personally would like to see a few more pushing this year aswel. So c"mon guys, you gotta be innit to win it.!!!

Good luck and best wishes

Paul Mac :)
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 18:04:53 PM »
 Right, well only a week to go till Nottingham guys. I"m sure other teams will prattle on about insignificant tourneys they"ve won and carry on like it"s an oscar acceptance speech but as for us we are going to have a little dignity, oh wait. Haha. Sorry thought this was our page. Sorry guys. Best of luck.

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »
Still love you guys though. But I"m still not having sex with you Paul. See you guys in Nottingham. In all seriousness though lads. Your a great bunch of guys and dangerous poker players. Best of luck to you all.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:04:29 AM by zzBlizzardzz »

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2011, 17:24:22 PM »
Hi everybody, just to keep You posted. I regretfully report that Dylan Herbert is unable to play in this Years Championship due to unforeseen circumstances. He is sorry for the short notice, and like the rest of us very sorry indeed to be missing out on playing.

Dylan"s replacement comes in the form of, "David Rudling-Smith". Yes that"s right Wales has a Father and Son partnership.
We welcome David and his obvious talent to the Wales squad. He is thrilled to be playing for Wales. We are all sorry for Dylan, and yet because of this, what a wonderful chance of a lifetime for the pair to play in the same team.

We thank Dylan for his effort and performances for Wales, and sincerely wish him the best for the future. He really is a star.

Cheers

Paul Mac

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
Father and Son for Team Wales
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2011, 17:36:51 PM »
Team Wales are to have a bit of a family affair next week at Dusk til Dawn.

Father (Rudders) will be partnering David(Young Rudders) in team Wales along with Dan Owston and myself.

What a wonderful opportunity, for the pair to represent their country in the same team. :)

Unfortunately, this is at the cost of Dylan Herbert"s position on the team. Dylan is unable to attend, due to unforseen circumstances. He, along with the rest of us(David included) are so gutted for him to miss out on playing at these Championships. :(

I personally would like to thank Dylan on behalf of Team Wales and all our fellow supporters for his efforts and results whilst playing for Wales. We wish you all the very best for the future, You are a real superstar.

Cheers Paul Mac :)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
Re: Father and Son for Team Wales
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2011, 18:44:21 PM »
Awesome line-up. Defo the team to beat IMO.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!