Author Topic: WCOAP 2011 - Official CANADA Team Thread  (Read 19416 times)

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
Re: WCOAP 2011 - Official CANADA Team Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 08:30:06 AM »
I"ll book it for the 24th to the 30th. You can change it when you come over if needs be.
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 10:23:53 AM »
Hotel booked Mike. 5 Days from August 24th. This can be changed if required. Total is £306.00. Pay on leaving. See you there mate. Hooters just down the street.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2011, 23:21:41 PM »
I see Canada is in again. Clearly there are no qualification criteria and sending the cheque is the only requirement.

I don"t recall receiving any substantive answers to this challenge last year:

Name one decent poker player to ever come out of Canada.

Perhaps APAT should introduce Divisions so that poker"s emerging nations can carry on emerging without getting in the way of real poker players.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 23:56:00 PM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 17:46:31 PM »

I see Canada is in again. Clearly there are no qualification criteria and sending the cheque is the only requirement.

I don"t recall receiving any substantive answers to this challenge last year:

Name one decent poker player to ever come out of Canada.

Perhaps APAT should introduce Divisions so that poker"s emerging nations can carry on emerging without getting in the way of real poker players.

Oh don"t you worry Johnny boy. We plan on being right in your way again this year. Come to think of it there were 8 teams between the emerged country of Ireland and the gold last year wasn"t there? I don"t really remember getting in the way of of 9th place at all. Hopefully you and the lads can put a little effort in this year, yea? I"m sure I could talk my guys into putting on a poker clinic before the event to give you guys a little tournament experience. Oh, I forgot , you guys did have an extra tournament this year didn"t you? I forgot about the Local Home Event that was put on so that the Welsh could get some target practice in. See you in Nottingham!!!

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 19:15:56 PM »

Oh don"t you worry Johnny boy. We plan on being right in your way again this year. Come to think of it there were 8 teams between the emerged country of Ireland and the gold last year wasn"t there? I don"t really remember getting in the way of of 9th place at all. Hopefully you and the lads can put a little effort in this year, yea? I"m sure I could talk my guys into putting on a poker clinic before the event to give you guys a little tournament experience. Oh, I forgot , you guys did have an extra tournament this year didn"t you? I forgot about the Local Home Event that was put on so that the Welsh could get some target practice in. See you in Nottingham!!!

Come back to us when you"ve won a title Craig ;D

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=2135.0
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 19:45:19 PM »

Come back to us when you"ve won a title Craig ;D

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=2135.0

Hmmm you guys came to me I didn"t come to you. From first to ninth eh. How long did that take to happen anyway? My how the mighty have fallen. I mean really guys. Cmon Bren, we were still in nappys when you and John started playing poker, is it that hard for you older guys to keep up with us? Good luck old timer, get that Zimmerman frame oiled up cause I"m about to commence schooling you gents.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 19:49:53 PM by zzBlizzardzz »

CanUK

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 07:14:28 AM »
Official WCOAP Canadian Team video 2011

http://youtu.be/OjMctwHfARY

Enough said.......
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:16:59 AM by CanUK »
See you at the final table....
I will be the guy in the Full Tilt outfit..
:as::ah:

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 18:53:40 PM »
Yeah, can"t wait to see you guys again....................... I just love the banter and broadsides back and forth.

Absolute class, this is why i love Apat!!! well one of the reasons. :)

Still love You Craig, sex or not :o :-*
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 07:05:49 AM »
Right, I"m off to Nottingham this afternoon so if you want to harass me further you"ll have to do it in person. Cmon Team Canada, just a little further this year please. Let"s have it!!!

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 10:47:04 AM »
Well I guess thats that then. Very dissappointing showing for Team Canuck this year, none of us happy with the way we played. Obviously a big thanks the Des, Rich and Leigh for putting on another great event and a thank you to Rob and his team for putting up with us for the week. Not sure what will be happening next year as my Team is a little pissed off to say the least but hopfully they will put this behind them and we will have a Team again next year. Any negative comments from anyone are welcome, because I want them to look at next August.