Author Topic: Ipoker Big tourney  (Read 6948 times)

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
Re: Ipoker Big tourney
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 18:02:50 PM »
Read the 2 links veyr useful, Ill reply to your comments later or tommorow i want to do the reply justice as your post is really good ;)

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 18:53:41 PM »

Read the 2 links veyr useful, Ill reply to your comments later or tommorow i want to do the reply justice as your post is really good ;)

It was a good post noble, I enjoyed it.

Especially this bit.....

marty gave some good food for thought imo, pre and post....

posting in thread where Noble agrees with Marty
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 19:03:07 PM »
haha - i didnt wana curse it, but believe me....it went in the diary!!!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 21:10:43 PM »

Maybe just variance, was bound to happen sometime, or.....

Does this mean that Marty is improving or, Noble is improving ??? ??? ???
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 00:53:33 AM »

It was a good post noble, I enjoyed it.

Especially this bit.....

marty gave some good food for thought imo, pre and post....

lol lol , anything that provokes thought is ok whether u agree with it or not :)
its all what stage ur at isn"t it?
beginning with the tight sh1t that most books do...
then it comes in waves, bit of maths, odds, ev, fold equity etc, then maybe getting better at ranges to push or shove and the whys, concepts and theories behind check raising, over betting, floating, merging, then maybe u know that old chestnut position that every1 keeps on harping about, ""they maybe onto something there"" :)
then u might move onto improving your profiling of player styles, then hmmm how can i take advantage of em...
3betting, 4betting, 5betting, 6betting etc :) the ranges ooooh the ranges, then balance the lovely concept of balance [every1 has to go through that imho to have a inkling wtf the others are doing] then the adjusting to the adjusting :)
then hmmm bet sizing dawns on u may play a part... plus other things in no particular order that i may of missed...
THEN after all that GTO icm sage malarkey and things begin to knit together u think to yourself hmmm all this balance baloney is total balls, image and what your opponents perceive is more key, then the fun begins...
and inbetween all the above plus the posting on forums and discussing hands/situations with friends the eternal battle with the mind is there looming, the highs, THE LOWS, the trying not to be results orientated about the grey areas such as marginal hands which divide opinion where both sides of the argument are right....
and after going through all of the above plus various stuff my feeble mind cannot conjure up due to watching Everton play tonight :-[ u reach GALFOND/DWAN/IVEY nirvana.. playing nose bleeds and a donkey called HELMUTH lmao....

my nugget of info though would be a Galfond quote, his thoughtful comment sums a lot of what we always try to achieve -
I don"t try to put my opponent in spots where he can"t make a right decision vs. my range. I try to get him to make the wrong decision for my hand.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=1967975&postcount=195

[please forgive the lack of grammar, capitals, paragraphs etc]

all hail the APAT :)

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
enough of this noble - why haven"t you updated the satuday donkey thread??
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 02:59:58 AM »

enough of this noble - why haven"t you updated the satuday donkey thread??

cos i was at ascot :)