Author Topic: Ipoker Big tourney  (Read 6959 times)

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
Ipoker Big tourney
« on: August 03, 2011, 23:43:26 PM »
We have 11.5k
Villian has 20k

blinds 150/300

We open 600 in Hijack with  ah jc , Weve raised the last 4 hands and folded to 3bets twice.

No one has stepped out of line too much.

Villian 3bets 1400 from small blind

Flop  ad1  kd :2h:

He leads for 1.6k, We call

Turn  7d

He leads for 2.5k

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
Re: Ipoker Big tourney
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 00:57:31 AM »
Probably a fold now....unless you think he is getting v creative..trying to outplay you,however if you have a high 3 bet preflop% fold rate,n ur still here....I expect he wants you to have the ace....
Raise the flop bet,you need the extra info....
And raise more preflop....
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 02:19:45 AM »

What was your plan when flatting his 3b?

His line is odd tbh, most his hands should slow down on the turn. If he"s decent he can rule out flushes in your range with the ad1 and kd on the flop and continue to fire. He can pretty much rule out AK also, so you don"t really rep much here and I suspect he is highly likely to 3 barrell if you flat.

But all that makes it less likely you have a value hand that can call his turn bet, so what is he trying to achieve here? I think I flat the turn planning to call if he bets a non diamond river.

I"d expect his monsters and air to bet the river big and mid strength hands to slow down and check call the river as a bluff catcher.

Obviously all of that assumes he"s not a retard just pushing buttons ;D

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 02:34:44 AM »

Raise the flop bet,you need the extra info....

Yet again we have the "raise for info" nugget :"(

We raise.......

villain folds = we just discouraged him from putting more chips in bad, but we know where we are right!

villain reraises or flats = the pots got bigger, we"re likely crushed and we figure to lose more than we otherwise would.

Quote from: bhoywonder70

And raise more preflop....

If you"re gonna be raising 4 hands an orbit, min raising is fine. It gets the job done and saves you chips when you have to fold to the inevitable odd 3b.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42:27 AM »
Any 3b stats for villain?  Hate flatting 3bs w/ AJ and ur stack size.  p/f sizing is good w/ our image.

As played I prob go c/c/c to keep his barrells in, but I would be trying to avoid these situations by 4b"n or folding pre.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 09:02:13 AM »
An interesting hand.

I believe the size of the preflop raise is fine, no need to make it any nire as people will often fold to the min raise and if they just call you can often take it on the flop. You have also nicely controlled the size of the pot this way.

Once he 3-Bets us we are getting good odds to make the call but I am a bit worried about possible reverse implied odds here. Our hand does not play that well post flop and even if we hit our Ace we are worried about better kickers and if we hit the Jack we are concerned about over pairs.

At this point there is  2300 in the pot so if we want to 4-bet we really have to shove or we can fold. What was his 3-Bet percentage? I am not sure I would want to turn my hand into a bluff at this point in the tournament but given that we have raised from late position, he could be a bit light in the blinds trying to resteal and if he has a pretty high 3-Bet percentage anyway this might be enough to convince me to shove (unless he has AA I am no worse than 2/1 anyway if called). However in most cases I am probably going to fold at this point.

I think once you make the call it is quite hard to put him on a hand but that"s OK as we have a pretty good hand ourselves. I don"t think he has total air but he could be on any pair say 88 and above, and two broadways, a suited ace, suited connectors I think his range is quite wide. Although you would have more info as you are actually at the table of course.

His bet on the flop does not really make his range any smaller as it could be a c-bet to rep the ace.

At this point you have 3900 in the middle and a decent chance of having the best hand. with about 10K behind. You can"t really raise for info here with top pair (because if he shoved on you folding would then be very bad). There is enough in the pot to shove right here and you have a good chance of having the best hand, we could be behind to a better ace of even KK of course but once we have got this far with our hand we can"t fold now. At this point I would shove.

Your line of calling and reassessing on the turn creates a pot of 5500 and you have about 9K behind.

He then leads the turn, neither of his bets have been hugely strong. Both are about half of the pot. At this point if he has a monster (maybe KK) he should be a bit worried about the fact there a 3 diamonds out there and be betting maybe a bit more to protect them. It"s not that likely you have a made flush but you could have one diamond. Also even if you have not a fourth diamond on the river is killing his action anyway.

At the moment I have to try and put him on a hand. Up to this point I think he plays AA or KK like this but I would have expected a bigger bet on the turn , he could still have them just less likely.

AK or AQ are possible as are some smaller aces.

I don"t believe he has a flush but he may have some sort of draw to a flush

I think you are good often enough to get it in here, he can call with worse such as some kind of combo draw or worse ace (maybe) and there is not enough in the pot and you don"t actually want to see another card.

My actions are:-

Pre = Fold to 3-Bet
Flop = Shove (yes there is enough in the pot and yes you can get called by worse)
Turn = Shove (you don"t often get called by worse but it is very hard for him to be able to call and the pot is big enough that he might call with worse due to pot odds)

What happened?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:09:40 AM »
I disagree with a lot of this ^^^^

If we 4b pre, I hate shoving.  We are only getting called when we are crushed.  My standard 4b size is clicking it back plus a little extra.  Wouldnt 4b without a good knowledge of his 3b and f/4b stats tho.

Also - think shoving flop is very very much the worst option.  I fail to see what worse hands call, or what better hands fold.  If we are going to continue on the flop, flatting is better and allowing his air to continue, rather that just allow him to fold 100% of it.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 17:30:16 PM »
if u felt they were beginning to 3bet u light, then add AJ into your 4bet range and reraise to 3200 ish and call any 5bet imho.... otherwise fold to the 3bet... agree with the above as per opening sizing, min is perfectly fine...

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 18:15:04 PM »
With your image, I think 4 betting pre is best though would not be sure what to do if 5 bet? 4 bet folding seems very ugly so would just call it off though.

As played- happy to let the guy barrel off and hope I"m ahead. Would struggle to fold to the second barrel and having called turn would struggle to fold river.

A tricky hand
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 22:48:42 PM »
Dont use a HUD :) just watch the tables :O.

Don"t think i can fold to 3bet pre,Im in postion and it"s not much more to call. Hate calling 3bet with aj and if he makes more i would fold.

It did occur to me at the time i might be leveling myself -but it felt people were looking to try and "out play on me" as i was opening the most for sure ;D and people were starting to re act.

On the turn dont you think i can shove to get value from a semi bluff? Hands like  ks qd, ah 9d  8s 8d etc etc

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 22:49:21 PM »

With your image, I think 4 betting pre is best though would not be sure what to do if 5 bet? 4 bet folding seems very ugly so would just call it off though.

As played- happy to let the guy barrel off and hope I"m ahead. Would struggle to fold to the second barrel and having called turn would struggle to fold river.

A tricky hand

:)

with a loose image, the assumption that villains 3bet range will consist of the usual [to which we have a blocker at least] plus the usual stuff AXs KXs maybe SC"s ATC"s maybe verging on worse a tiny amount of the time makes the 4bet a option...
4bet call if they shove, they may spazz a bit if we get our bet sizing right.. what about timing? what do ya reckon - get it in fairly swift or do a time bank before 4betting??
if villain has AA we can bink 2 jacks or a str8 and get called horrible names.. KK we bink a ace, QQ,JJ same...
i like a bit of sub-optimal play now and then, to win there has to be a tiny bit of that in us shouldn"t there?, only a wee tiny bit mind :)
result - we take it down and carry on playing tight loose tight loose tight loose loose etc meh who cares, depends on the table..
SO the scenarios are we get it in with AXs etc and double up [yum yum big stack, lets have some fun]  we get it in with AA KK QQ get a suck out 25/100 but have a good chance of going fairly deep.. WE LOSE, oh well ""me and the dogs are off for walk luv"" via the pub ::)
fold pre - nice "n" solid, live to fight another day [rock solid]
4bet fold - where is the hurl bag? although where does it say in the rule book that this is wrong?
as played call the 3bet - be a station right to the river [bra on head check, lucky socks check, lucky pants check.. systems are GO GO GO] it has to be done sometimes...

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 01:06:50 AM »
Not 4bet getting it in with 40bb"s, Really doubt hes gonna spazz out the quality of play is good at the table and not super agro.

Surely i should be flatting to semi-trap/ See a hand with value in postion

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 03:10:25 AM »
Problem is, if villian is decent, he knows you can never have AK and aces and kings are unlikely so he can double barrell you off most hands you peel with. I would call turn and re-evaluate river. If he shoves or bets river I probs give up. This is probs why AJ is a fold when he 3 bets if you don"t want to get it in pre.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 03:47:35 AM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:57:54 AM by noble1 »

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:01 AM »
1 of my fave pxf replays - try and fathom the shaun deeb logic :)
https://www.pokerxfactor.com/servlet/pxf?a=mv&t=myhand2&handid=71500
check out hand 285 :)

end of tourny - puff factor = 17 :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:52:35 AM by noble1 »