Author Topic: DTD GP4 bubble..so near and yet...  (Read 2187 times)

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
DTD GP4 bubble..so near and yet...
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:36:04 AM »
Three left, two seats to Day2 available the big stack has 50% of chips in play having just eliminated the 4th and 5th place finishers.

I"d played a pretty solid game to get to this point ( I re-entered just before the end of the re-entry period after my Top pair OESFD didn"t get there v a flopped straight no flush potential) and survived JJvAJ and even recovered from 77
The other two of us are pretty much equal with c52000 at 1200/2400/120

My opponents are CHIPPYMAN aka Frankie a DTD regular (he"s chip leader), and a Jambo who I believe hails from Corby..
I can"t get HEM to replay any hands for some reason but from memory his stats through the tourney suggest he was playing pretty standard to this point.

I was utterly card dead in this period - so, how to play this? What ranges can I call from each position and what can I shove?

You"ll gather I finished third  >:(
Other than some walks I won about three hands in the entire bubble period and just ended up dying the death of a thousand cuts until Frankie administered the coup de grace
The other two avoided confrontation with each other once I"d lost a couple of blinds and I just got owned by them - it was like watching a car crash

nil depserandum, I will be trying again and next time I reach this position I want to be better prepared.
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
Re: DTD GP4 bubble..so near and yet...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 17:46:50 PM »
Not 100% but-

Wouldn"t call off lower than QQ , can obviously 3bet shove alot lighter 88+ +a10

idk all the maths behind this but i think its something similar to that

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: DTD GP4 bubble..so near and yet...
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 00:18:22 AM »

I"d played a pretty solid game to get to this point

chortle.

i know feck all about ranges. i do know what you were doing wasnt working. make things simple and go bananas :)
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013