Author Topic: S5 WCOAP Player Briefing  (Read 23078 times)

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
S5 WCOAP Player Briefing
« on: August 18, 2011, 09:54:57 AM »

Final event details for players who have entered events in the World Championship Of Amateur Poker ("WCOAP"), are as follows:

DATES

The World Championship of Amateur Poker will feature the World Team Championships, a three day main event and five one day side events as follows:

Thu 25th August - 2:30pm - WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship - Day 1
Fri 26th August - 2:45pm - WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship - Day 2

Sat 27th August - 2.30pm - WCOAP World Amateur Poker Championship - Day 1a
Sun 28th August - 2.30pm - WCOAP World Amateur Poker Championship - Day 1b
Mon 29th August - 2.30pm - WCOAP World Amateur Poker Championship - Day 2

Thu 25th August - 3.00pm - WCOAP Stud Amateur Poker Championship
Fri 26th August - 3:00pm - WCOAP Heads Up Amateur Poker Championship
Sat 27th August - 3:00pm - WCOAP H.O.R.S.E. Amateur Poker Championship
Sun 28th August - 3:00pm - WCOAP 6 Max Amateur Poker Championship
Mon 29th August - 3:00pm - WCOAP Pot Limit Omaha Amateur Poker Championship

VENUE

Dusk Till Dawn
Redfield Way
Boulevard Retail Park
Lenton
Nottingham
NG7 2UW

Opening Times

Thursday 26th August - 1:00pm
Friday 27th August - 1:00pm
Saturday 28th August - 1:00pm
Sunday 29th August - 1:00pm
Monday 30th August - 1:00pm

DRESS CODE

Clean and tidy dress is strongly recommended.

By order of the Cardroom - No football shirts, no ripped jeans, no tracksuit bottoms.  Regular Jeans and Trainers are absolutely fine.

REGISTRATION

For registration you are required to complete a Venue Membership Form and produce a valid proof of identification.

You can fill in the Dusk Till Dawn Membership Form via  Dusk Till Dawn Membership Form via this link and complete your registration by showing identification at the venue on your first day of play.

Please note that any friends or family members that wish to accompany you into the Venue will also have to complete a Venue Membership Form.

Registration is only available to individuals aged 18 years of age and older, with a valid proof of identification.

IDENTIFICATION

Please bring a valid Passport or Drivers License.  If you do not have one of those, then a credit card AND recent utility bill will suffice.  Your guests will also need to bring a similar proof of identity.

If you cannot present valid identification at Dusk Till Dawn, you will not be allowed to enter the premises.

SCHEDULE

Play commences as outlined in the dates schedule above.

The Heads Up, Stud, Omaha, 6 Max and Horse events will be completed in one day, while the World Amateur Poker Championship event will be played over three days.

Play is expected to finish in the World Amateur Poker Championship at around 1.30am on day 1a and 1b.  Players left in will return for a 2.30pm start on Monday, with the final expected to finish early Tuesday morning.

Due to the nature of tournament Poker, end of day timings are estimated.

STRUCTURE

The structures for each event are available if you click here.

APAT WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship 2011

The format of the Team event is:

Day One

2:30pm 3 x 8 handed, 4 x 7 handed NLHE STT   (1st=7pts, 2nd=6pts........7th=1pt, 8th=0pts)
5:30pm 3 x 8 handed, 4 x 7 handed PLO STT   (1st=7pts, 2nd=6pts........7th=1pt, 8th=0pts)
9:00pm 39 x HU Matches - 6 per team   (1st=4pts, 2nd=0pts)

Total points allocated for Day 1 = 548
Maximum Team points for Day 1 = 80

Day Two

2:30pm 3 x 8 handed, 4 x 7 handed NLHE STT   (1st=7pts, 2nd=6pts........7th=1pt, 8th=0pts)
6:00pm 52 Runner MTT    (1st=26pts, 2nd=25pts........25th=2pts, 26th=1pt)

Total points allocated for Day 2 = 547
Maximum Team points for Day 1 = 126

Notes

Due to the 13 teams, we will be running a number of 7 handed STT"s.  Points for those tables will be exactly the same as the 8 handed ones, without an 8th place getting 0pts.

The MTT will only alllocate points to the top 26 finishers (50% of the field).  We will run hand for hand at 27 (3 tables of 9 players)

All Captains should check in at the APAT Admin desk on the lower tier of the card-room floor on arrival for payment of entry fees and for seat draws.

PRIZES

For all events will be announced once the final number of players is known. Each event will payout to a traditional payout structure

Alternates will be allowed the opportunity to take part during the first two levels in all events.  

The alternates will be chosen from the APAT controlled reserve list started at the venue.  This will enable a small number of additional members to participate.

Under our terms & conditions, APAT will not support deal making.  These are unique International Championship events and the onus is on every player to try their utmost to win it outright.

Please note that all entrance fees will be paid out in prize money.  APAT will not retain any fee for running any event in the World Championship of Amateur Poker.

ADDED VALUE

An added value seat into a DTD Live Tournament will be awarded to the winner of each Live and Online WCOAP event.

Main Event = 300 Deepstack - £300+£36

Side Events (x5) = Incredible 100 - £100+£12

Player of the Series = 150 Deepstack - £150+£18

Main Event (Online) = 150 Deepstack - £150+£18

Side Events (Online) (x4) = Super 50 - £50+£8

Players names will be confirmed to DTD and players will contact DTD customer services to confirm which tournament they wish to play in.

PLAYER LIST

Full player lists will be published once Online entry closes, subject to receipt of names from the venue

Online Entry closes on Monday 22nd August on DTDPoker.com. Any remaining seats will be on sale at DTD from Wednesday 24th August once the club opens.

PRESS

Journalists, photographers and APAT tv will be present throughout the World Amateur Championship.  By entering this tournament you accept that your image may be used in APAT press and marketing campaigns.

LIVE UPDATE

Technology allowing, APAT will run live updates on the events and we will be posting player pictures and chip counts throughout the WCOAP.  Feel free to tell your friends and family, who can follow request details of your progress by registering for free on the forum.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Please note the event is subject to the terms & conditions of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour.

CANCELLATIONS

Once a seat has been sold, refunds will not be made.

Players will be able to utilise the APAT Seat Exchange board to trade their seat at the face value.

Seat Exchange Guidelines apply.

FINALLY...

As a member of the Poker Association, we would like you to be aware of your role in our collective responsibility to ensure that the WCOAP is memorable for every participant, and not just the winners at the end.  We would appreciate you doing your bit to ensure that every player comes away having had the best possible tournament experience.

It only remains for all of us at APAT to wish every player the best of luck in the events.

Richard Prew, Live Events
APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:11:29 AM by Chipaccrual »

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
Re: S5 WCOAP Player Briefing
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 10:23:27 AM »
Could we have the structures for the other events please?
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:42:17 AM »

the link shows the structure for the Main and Side events, yes?

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »

the link shows the structure for the Main and Side events, yes?

Yeppers.  Here it is for anyone who missed it>>>    http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=6776

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 11:34:26 AM »

All Captains should check in at the APAT Admin desk on the lower tier of the card-room floor on arrival for payment of entry fees and for seat draws.

For any players unsure where the APAT Admin Desk is, or what Tighty or myself look like, here"s an image of what to expect at DTD.  Tighty is the one on the left, as always (We"re pokers answer to Ant and Dec)  ;D

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:38:51 AM by Chipaccrual »

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 22:01:51 PM »
Leigh / Richard

Can you clarify a few things as there"s one or two inconsistencies?

At the top of this thread it says that HU is at 2.30pm and the Stud is at 3pm but the Structures thread has it the other way round. Can you confirm which is correct?

In the structures thread for the STUD it says starting stack - 6,000 but a few lines down it says Chips - 4,000. Can you confirm which is correct?

I know that there has been discussion around the HU event on the discussion thread and people had asked for a deeper stack in the earlier rounds. The structures sheet says 2,500. Is that correct and does that apply to all rounds?

Finally can you confirm how many points will be awarded in side events for the rankings (Not the "Player of the Series" but the ongoing APAT rankings) and is it 1st to 18th in the Main?

That"s it for now - Really looking forward to this whole event which I know would not be possible without the work you do.
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 22:42:25 PM »
Are there really no antes for the 6 max?

Can we have a points system for the team event? I have come to my lake Garda retreat to plot my strategy and really need this info...
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »

Are there really no antes for the 6 max

Good spot Rob, would like antes for sure, not that usually make it that far
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 08:07:37 AM »
If I remember correctly - there were antes last yr, so I assume it will be the same structure.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 09:40:29 AM »
Timings are correct on this thread, I have altered the Structures thread

6000 for the Stud, Antes for the 6 Max, 2,500 throughout for the HU

Points system for the team event coming shortly

Rankings I will check with the Rankings guru, system will be identical to last year

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »

Rankings I will check with the Rankings guru, system will be identical to last year

9 points to 1 for the side events
9,8,7,6,4,4,4,4 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th-8th for HU then
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 09:44:16 AM »

9 points to 1 for the side events
9,8,7,6,4,4,4,4 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th-8th for HU then

Uncanny. Appears from nowhere and saves me searching, ty

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 10:42:24 AM »
Thanks Both.

Stud looks good!

HU will raise a few eyebrows but I will assume you guys have had the debate with DTD and that"s that?

Jon - Will this be the same for the online series? (I should have asked that initially)
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 11:38:26 AM »

Thanks Both.

Stud looks good!

HU will raise a few eyebrows but I will assume you guys have had the debate with DTD and that"s that?

Jon - Will this be the same for the online series? (I should have asked that initially)

HU. Function of resource, dealing requirement and time. Yes has been discussed, cogitated and digested.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 13:10:07 PM »

Thanks Both.

Stud looks good!

HU. Function of resource, dealing requirement and time. Yes has been discussed, cogitated and digested.

not ruminated?
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.