Author Topic: Omaha Tournament Short Stack Strategy  (Read 2257 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Omaha Tournament Short Stack Strategy
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »
I am lost when it comes to the point in an Omaha tournament when we get shortstacked.

At the moment I play 20BB stacks in a similar way to 40BB stacks at NLH, ie. happy to peel, raise fold etc.

At what point in an Omaha tournament should we be looking to get it in pre? How should we adjust our ranges when at 10BB"s compared to 20BB"s. Can we still raise pre and fold to an ugly flop when at 10BB"s, 8BB"s.. etc

It would be so much easier if we could just shove it pre. Just out of interest, why is Omaha usually always played as Pot Limit?

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: Omaha Tournament Short Stack Strategy
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:56:43 PM »
Im not gng to be folding to many 3bs when my stack goes under 20x, as the equity is so close and we are never really in terrible shape.  As a result, I tighten my opening range to value hands only.  With 20x I am getting it in with any 3broadway card combo, and most ds and 2pair hands assuming I can get the pot HU.  I am not peeling with a 20x stack, and opening/3b"n or folding my entire range.  
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
Re: Omaha Tournament Short Stack Strategy
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 17:43:58 PM »
I don"t fold to 3bets once your opening from 10bb"s well you cant.

20bb"s im looking to 3bet hands that play well post flop, but preferably against people that can open fold too.

Stop and going is the nuts in omaha with this stack [make sure you hit some part of the flop]