Author Topic: Blind V Blind  (Read 14892 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Blind V Blind
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:23:27 AM »
Online 6 Max Tourney - fairly early stages - Blinds are 50/100, with an ante of 10.

We have a stack of 2475 in the big blind and pick up  kd tc

Folded round to the small blind who is playing 22/22 over 80 or so hands who makes it 225. We call.

Flop comes  :3d: kc :3h:. We check, villain bets 275 into 510 and we call.

Turn comes  9h. We check, villain bets 575 into 1060 and we call leaving 1400 behind.

River comes  6s. We check, villain bets 1K. We?

My thoughts on the hand were that I wasn"t sure how to act pre. I tend not to call too much with that stack size but didnt want to 3bet as felt he was more than capable of 4 betting me quite light and forcing a fold. Check call, check call line is a standard way that I would play this hand post flop, keeping in all his bluffs which I would think make up a fairly large range considering blind on blind dynamics. Once he bets the river though, I struggle to see what I beat...

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: Blind V Blind
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:08:48 AM »
Villain raised from the sb, but we act first on all streets?

BvB leads to a lot of weird levelling so Im def gng to be calling river here unless I had stats tht show he was the most passive post-flop player in the world...

Def not raising flop or turn as it folds out all worse and doesnt fold out any better.  Also want to be keeping all air in his range.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »
Firstly just post the HH as your recollection of the hand is flawed due to being in BBvSB but still OOP....

With 24bbs you can consider jamming pre vs this guy"s open. As played folding the river would be a mistake in my opinion and just calling down is alot better than raising flop or turn. Can"t recall folding top pair BvB with this shallow a stack very often
Looking forward to making my first day 2

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:15:08 AM »
would have bet the flop to see where we are!! if I got called ok if re-raised would have folded
as it stands you have got to call but I think he raised with  ac kh and you are beat,

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:56:57 AM »
Sorry, my mistake, it was the villain betting and me calling down the streets.

I dont really ever jam pre here blind on blind unless he is maniac and I think he will call with worse. I"m not sure what a jam will accomplish against most players here? He will call with 9 9 in this spot but anything else is beating us.

I dont understand why he didnt just set me in on the river. It felt like a value bet at the time and he isnt value betting anything I can beat. Also I"m not sure he fires the third barell as a bluff against my stack size considering how the hand has played...

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »
but why didnt he put you all in? it makes no sense, he KNOWS f you are calling 1k, you are calling the rest of it, so why didnt he go for it?

For this reason, i probably do a call.

And am probably wrong.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 14:07:04 PM »

I dont understand why he didnt just set me in on the river. It felt like a value bet at the time and he isnt value betting anything I can beat. Also I"m not sure he fires the third barell as a bluff against my stack size considering how the hand has played...

No point making reads if you"re going to ignore them. Fold to river value bet.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 14:17:22 PM »
Raise on that flop to around 650 in position, If he"s raised pre with a bigger King pre then you"ll prob find out if you"re behind and save yourself the call call call down the streets and more chips.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 14:53:58 PM »

Raise on that flop to around 650 in position, If he"s raised pre with a bigger King pre then you"ll prob find out if you"re behind and save yourself the call call call down the streets and more chips.

The old me would have done this but you are essentially playing your hand face up if we play this way. If we call then we give him the opportunity to keep on bluffing with his A x hands and his junk. Even more reason for calling in a blind on blind situation where his opening raise could be perceived to be very wide. Raising at any point in this hand makes no sense as nothing will call us that we beat.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 14:56:41 PM »

No point making reads if you"re going to ignore them. Fold to river value bet.

I folded so no idea what villain had. Felt really marginal at the time.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 14:58:31 PM »
Villain also has worse K"s in his range BvB.  I really dislike folding a lot (in general yes, but especially in this spot).  People do weird things bvb...
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 15:00:31 PM »
I"d shove pre as a semi bluff

If he folds (as he will most of the time) you"ve added over 10% to your stack, if he calls you"re "likely" to be about 2:1 underdog (hence why it"s a semi bluff not a value shove) - but you"re getting pretty short stacked, if you"re not going to take a risk now then how bad does your situation have to be before you do?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 16:23:47 PM »

Villain also has worse K"s in his range BvB.  I really dislike folding a lot (in general yes, but especially in this spot).  People do weird things bvb...

Really, you expect villain bets 3 streets with K2,K4,K5,K7 and K8, villain could also have K3,K6,K9,KJ,KQ,KK and AK.

Even allowing for villain betting 3 streets with worse K"s (highly improbable imho) we face a range of 5 combos of weaker K"s versus 7 combos that beat us, villain can also have air, A3, 33, 66, and 99. The nett result for me is a trivial fold.

We will of course on rare occasion, fold the best hand but more often we make the correct decision.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Tiger-flash

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
  • East Midlands capt
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 17:32:42 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmm, tricky one this, imho i dont like playing k 10 at any time, when the board shows a paired flop its time to throw away. The villain could have a pocker pair, a3 or aj to ak or two hearts and just kept firing, i would let it go, two out of three times the flop hits nothing for you anyway and against an action junkie id wait for a big hand for him to hang himself. Put it this way, three bets, three calls, you lose or fold with the best hand, you lose, its your choice. If he did have a pocket pair you have to call but when he bets the turn and the river that to me smells danger  ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 17:37:48 PM by Tiger-flash »
Apat Notts player of the season, season 5
Brookfield pub Redtooth champion
Darly Abbey pub champion

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 17:35:44 PM »

I"d shove pre as a semi bluff

If he folds (as he will most of the time) you"ve added over 10% to your stack, if he calls you"re "likely" to be about 2:1 underdog (hence why it"s a semi bluff not a value shove) - but you"re getting pretty short stacked, if you"re not going to take a risk now then how bad does your situation have to be before you do?

Never heard of a pre flop semi bluff
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose