Author Topic: Hand from the team event.  (Read 30223 times)

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
Re: Hand from the team event.
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2011, 23:19:09 PM »

in your video the commentator refers to the no ace or king strategy, whether right or wrong i leave that for u guys to decide if its GTO or if there are situations to be creative/different :)... its a stategy used for nitty opponents with tight 3bet ranges, rather than pushing pre and letting the nit see all 5 cards with the AK part of there 3bet range [thats what AK ideally wants, as it misses 2/3"s of flops] so the hero will flat and depending on there position will shove non AK flops OOP unless they hit a set :) and call jams or shove non AK flops to checks, whatever the action of there opponent when IP [unless they hit a set :)]
the idea behind it is that you are not forcing the race pre-flop, you are only pushing when you met be most likely ahead...
you are pretty much doomed if your opponent has AA or KK anyway, so it"s just which way is better? if we decide we are not folding 66 pre, which is the best way to play, do we go all in or flat call?
thats the jist of the strat. i"ll spare u all the maths behind it ;D

Might have some merit when you"re oop and get to act first on the flop. But having 3bet pre and seen a flop with 1:1 spr effective, folding the flop ever seems like a mistake tbh and I dont think there are many/any who ever fold.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2011, 02:49:15 AM »
ALL poker advice/strategy is pooh, because in an evolving game very little is truly gospel... sometimes swimming upstream against commonly held poker parameters of reason can be good u know :)  DONT FOLLOW THE HERD ;)

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2011, 16:39:20 PM »

ALL poker advice/strategy is pooh

:o

GG poker books... WP

Still with winter setting in... its all good
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2011, 17:29:34 PM »
nice pic above, below from a book which in its simplicity i quite like -

at heart i am in the camp of playing a style like a regressive form of marine life whilst working out how nits and std regs will adjust :-X

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2011, 17:49:34 PM »
I really like that diagram  ;D

What book is that taken from?

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2011, 18:21:40 PM »
Excellent thanks! Ordered and on its way.